United Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 2,356 reviews matching the search See all 2,550 reviews
Good Benefits
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2019
Pros
Great work location, culture, and environment at headquarters. The benefits are competitive and the leadership is great!

Cons
The non-rev standby travel policies are not as progressive as other airlines. This works for longer tenured employees but not as much for new hires.
Excellent workplace
Inflight Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2019
United Airlines, despite their (recent) public reputation, cares very much about their employees. I have never worked for a company that provided such benefits as United Airlines, nor offered assistance to the degree United Airlines did. The people that work for United have excellent personalities and are top tier folks to work with. Management has their human flaws, as all companies do, but they will routinely check in on all employees to make sure they are happy and treated well. It almost seems to be a company requirement. The hardest part of my job is the 16 hour shifts, back-to-back, though I signed up for those horrible shifts. The most enjoyable parts are the people, who welcome you with open arms into their family.
Pros
Free Flights, Free Lunch, Ability to manage your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, ON or OFF job speed, limited downtime
Top airline for pilot
B777 Captain (Current Employee) –  EWRMarch 16, 2019
United Airlines is a superb company to work for as a pilot. With an industry leading contract, it offers top pay and benefits as well as career advancement opportunities.
na
Recruiter Airport Operations & Catering Operations (Current Employee) –  EWRMarch 15, 2019
na- not interested in sharing further details- Great benefits- low wages but the culture makes mainly takes care of that portion. Better management styles are ncessary in order for the business to keep potential good hires in general
Interesting company
customer service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 14, 2019
I learned a lot about the airline industry. It brought you aware of your surroundings , and as the seriousness every and any thing can cost you or customer lives
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Weather
Productive and fun working with
Senior .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2019
Productive and fun working with. Very friendly environment to work with. Good organization and can have friendly competative working atmosphere and good projects to work with.
Awesome Company!
Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 13, 2019
Great company and it shows starting with Oscar Munoz! His attitude for treating everyone with respect trickles down as whole throughout the org. They truly care about their people and their product.
Pros
Travel, management and colleagues are great
Cons
Weather and passengers attitude can be cons of the industry
Productive and employee and Customer oriented
Oracle DBA and Sr SQL Developer/ Customer support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
Learned working together, Hard worked enjoying with Clients/User issues and fixing the solutions. Nice work culture without any racial discrimination with good comprehensive benefits
Great Career
Captain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
Enjoyable place to work. You are your own boss. Good safety standards. Well maintained equipment. Enjoy customer relationships and working with employees.
Pros
Great Company! Well taken care of.
Cons
None.
Productive & Fast Paced Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
I enjoy working for United Airlines. It’s easy to move up in your career they encourage you to do so. It’s fast paced & we are allowed as Customer Service Agents to work as many hours in a pay period that we can fit. The best part are my flight benefits myself & my family are allowed to fly for free around the world. Absolutely love it.
Pros
Easy to move around & up, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Super Senior
Worst job I've had EVER
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2019
A typical work day at United is extremely stressful. The politics of the job itself is one of the most stressful. There it's more about who you know than anything and that's the saddest part about it. There is no flexibility with scheduling unless you swap shifts with somehow however if you are called for mandatory over time even after pulling a double, THEY DO NOT CARE YOU STILL HAVE TO STAY. They have people to cover every situation that would require OT but still will make people stay that are not needed. The passengers were the best part of the job but most workers treat every passenger like that one that mistreated them in the beginning and it makes all of CS look bad. The floor supervisor support was not good at all and as a rather healthy woman, I never imagined a job causing me to start smoking cigarettes daily but United was that job.
Pros
You get free flights wherever you want
Cons
You have no time off to fly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 11, 2019
Love to work for united is the best airline . Very friendly with the passenger .
Management is very helpful and very respectful even in stressful situations.
Pros
Love everything
Cons
Health care is kind of expensive
United Airlines Customer Service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2019
I have worked with United Airlines from 2012 through a vendor company in Nassau Bahamas known as Nassau Flight Services. I have found the job rewarding and seek to relocate back to the US in the near future.
Pros
Working with people and flight benefits
Cons
Unpredictable Hours due to Flight Operations at times
Good benefits.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2019
travel for work. flexible hours. many destinations. many opportunities. hardest part of job is trying to understand the rules in scheduling. management is okay.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago O'hareMarch 11, 2019
I enjoyed United up to just before 9/11. United was a premiere service provider. They had started to lose money and were doing cutbacks and the quality of service started to suffer. As a flight attendant I enjoyed the fact that the job was different everyday. The people you worked with and the people you served and everyday was an opportunity to make a good impression and I strived to do that always in all ways. I enjoyed the travel and the layovers. The hardest part for me was after 9/11 when security procedures changed as well as the attitude of passengers. I learned how to work in a truly diverse community and never to place judgement on others. I learned how to perform CPR and how to evacuate every plane in the fleet. I enjoyed being Chief purser during oversea travel, that included organizing staff and assigning responsibilities to crew and managing the flight thru to completion. As chief purser I had total control of the in flight experience for passengers, pilots and crew. The benefits were fantastic and the salaries were great.
Pros
Benefits and travel
Great place
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2019
Good place, flight benefits are good too. Airlines just pay low. They need management to look at possible promotion s for employees. Most good people leave for better money
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2019
travel benefits interesting, constant learning fast paced flexible, long term many other benefits, meet a lot of different people many opportunities, advancement possibilities
A&p
Ramp Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2019
I really enjoyed working at UAL. However, I could not afford the cost of living in the San Francisco area. Then after the vote to create an employee owned air carrier was passed work rule changes and pay cuts were implemented. If I could barely afford to live in the bay-area I really could not after the pay cuts.
Awesome company to work for
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2019
As a flight attendant, United treated us the same as all other airlines. great flexibility for your schedule, great flight benefits, great people to work with.
Passionate Employees
User Experience Lead - consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2019
Great passion across the board for the project. Everyone was invested even the contractors. Overall, I enjoyed the work / life balance. If given the opportunity, I would work at United Airlines again.
Pros
work / life balance
Cons
corporate america culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at United Airlines.

Powered by Comparably