United Airlines

United States3,745 reviews

Found 3,745 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,021 reviews
flightunitedtravelflyingpassengercontinentalattendantaircraft

Wonderful Benefits, Wonderful Diversity

This is a great place to work and there is wonderful comradeship among employees. That is what I most loved about this job. Taking care of passengers can be very very stressful when you are trying to make everybody happy while the company refuses to properly staff the planes. Overall however it was the best job I have ever had and praise the unions for sticking up for us. I only wish the company would staff the airplanes with more flight attendants because it is impossible to provide a pleasant experience when it takes forever to get to the rear of the plane to provide drinks. Other than this I believe this is a wonderful company to work for. Thank you United Airlines (Formerly Continental Airlines) for allowing me into your company and for your great retirement package. I really enjoy the diversity, the acceptance of the LGBTQ employees and all of the above. Please continue to strive for diversity and acceptance. But also, to the upper management- flight attendants deserve an extra flight attendant on ALL domestic flights on 737 aircraft. There is simply not enough help in the coach cabin for a full flight. Please and thank you!!

Fun workplace

United offers really good benefits to their employees and their families. Working customer service is always hard and challenging but can also become rewarding and exciting. There's never a dull day when working on the airline industry!

United Airlines insights

Based on 1,889 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

If you love people, are flexible snd love to travel, this could be for you.

My career at United Airlines were the best years of my life!I am grateful to have been able to travel the world on my job. 😃If you love people, are flexible and love to travel, be a flight attendant!!I highly recommend this career for the friendly and adventurous type personality.

Pros

Travel.

Cons

Can be exhausting hours, but worth it.

Benefits and Bonus, flexibility. Schedule .

Good benefits and bonus , good people .I hope they have flexibility with the schedule. Vacation good benefits for family and friends discount. Travel.

I just wish I would’ve started working for United airlines sooner

I just wish I would’ve started working for United airlines sooner. I love that we get a little bit of a raise on our yearly anniversary. United Airlines offers all sorts of help in so many different avenues. Millions of different job opportunities!!!

Pros

Employees get to trade shifts to travel

Cons

Grouchy passengers

Go mainline

I can barely survive off of my paychecks. Commuting is difficult. Don’t go regional go mainline. Hours can be long and grueling. People are angry and rude.

Fun place to work

Great pay and benefits. A good job to last a lifetime. If you have an opportunity to work there just do it. Hours are flexible and at all time of day and night.

Travel benefits and working with the puby

I enjoyed my time at United. I enjoyed flying internationally and talking and helping the passengers and enjoyed working with my flight attendant friends

Had to help people

The job it self was a new experience every day. You get to learn how to close and open doors. If you think you will have the weekends off when first start not going to happen. It’s great for part time people that are In school and want a second job.

Well structured when it comes to safety

They make sure that you’re well trained you can learn a lot and make a career at United Ground express cross utilize agent Learns above the wing and below the wing it’s a really fun job

One of the leaders in the industry, a place of diversity, flexibility and challenge

This is an environment run with on time performance. Arrive on time and proceed where you need to be. You learn self control and will be required to practice it. The workplace is diversified and management is accessible. The nature of the job being customer service requiresgood communication skills with the ability to apply policy with customer need. Flexible work schedules and benefits may allow you to see the world.

Pros

Flexibility to manipulate work schedule and vacation time.

Cons

May be required to work beyond scheduled hours.

Make your money and leave

Not really a great place to work for. Obviously other airlines have it better. Just get your paycheck and leave. They will not work with on improvement for the company. Tech ops are being treated better than ramp and customer service. We are always short on people. Other airlines are fullY staffed because they have a better offer of employment than united. United is desperate to outsource the ramp. So be-carefulWho you work for. Pros:Travel benefitsAnnual raise Cons:Work at night as part of seniority No growth in the system No job security

how good are you at sacrificing & settling

long days, fun layovers, hardest part of the job is being away from friends and family. Not getting to sleep in your own bed every night. I love the flexibility with scheduling my days at work. It has come with a price and a time commitment and missing out on a lot of the things the last 10 years. But at least I don't have to work weekends anymore

The best place to meet people , visit other countries, absolutely perfect

For a people person, being a Flight Atd is the job to have, professional atmosphere, excellent employees, excellent management, delightful, best thing I ever did in my life.

Working with the best people

Giving the best benefits and a good work place and working with professional staff ..the company that makes me fly and see the best places in the world

Pros

Equal lunch schedule

Cons

Good break and lunch room

The flight attendant job at United is hard but rewarding.

Like all seniority based jobs, one has to pay dues in the form of time. After the reserve period flying is great. Don't expect to have holiday, weekends, etc off, ever.

Decent

It’s not bad. Plenty of shifts to pick up. Different flexible schedules. Many opportunities to move around. With the right crew every flight is easy.

Not bad if you like being underpaid

You may be given flight benefits but it's hard to utilize them when you have no time or money to travel. The jobs is very stressful and you must have thick skin to deal with the passengers. Lots of pressure to perform well with almost robotic professionalism. Lots of senior employees meaning you get stuck with bad shifts because they take all the good ones.

Pros

free flights, employee discounts

Cons

overworked, underpaid, no flexibility in schedule

Team work, excellent leadership

Safety comes 1st in United. Working at United enhance the team spirit and a little bit of flexibility, United is an organization to build one’s career without any fear of oppression. It’s a job with dignity

Pros

No free lunches but occasional snacks

Cons

Available on site clinic and short break

Personal life is gone when you work for this company.

This company is a machine that stops for no one. You are required to work weekends and holidays. Also your shift and days off can change at anytime. When this happens they you the phrase “needs of the operation “ in other words… suck it up and deal with it. If you’re looking for a work life balance, you will not find it here.

Pros

You get to travel for practically free

Cons

This is a thankless place to work.

has its moments but overall they try and take care of their employees, to a point.

I personally ran into a total relocation of the department to Denver which I could not move with. There was really no set up for reemployment into another position in Houston. the only efforts were by individuals taking it upon themselves to offer what they could do from certain contacts I had even in HR but there was zero effort as a company policy. Yes, I had great reviews, no negative, worked over 10 years and was offered a position in Denver so not a standard purge opportunity for less than stellar employees. I was not one of those employees. I was not the only one frustrated and puzzled by the companies lack of talent retention processes either.

Pros

Fair compensation, great benefits and support of departmental financial needs, Great people with a focus on product quality.

Cons

I felt it catered way too much to the liberal woke culture, over doing it with the entire LBGTQ agenda, lousy repositioning efforts for talent retention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare United Airlines with

• United Airlines
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?