United Airlines
79Above average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from United Airlines:

United Airlines Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA96 reviews
Great company
Install hvac systems and water heaters it's fun and challenging and I like that
Good company

Good hours and pay and learning so much thanks indeed

And so much work at good pay
Travel benefits are great.
Thing are changing in this industry. Dulles is a great place to work. You need to be very independent. Support is limited. I don't know what the future will hold.
Day at United
When I started at United Airlines my typical day was checking in Passengers into their flights. However, I was also given the guidance of Supervisor to learn more to advance in the Company we had mentors to help guide us if they seen in us a self motivational attitude I worked with some really good leadership in the 8 years I was there.
Pros
flight benefits, events to show recognition for job well done.
What I learned
I learned how to manage my time with people of many different cultures. I learned how to use various softwares and platforms. I also learned how to communicate efficiently.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Not flexible
Ramp Supervisor
One of the best airlines to work for as your compensation is very high on the pay scale and your efforts in daily and side projects do not go unnoticed. They are on a good path with the new leadership
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Flight Attendant
Pay is very tough at the beginning. Need to financially sound before starting but gets better with time. Benefits are the best thing about the job. Good work life balance but must be a people person.
Productive company
Working for United Airlines involves working with some of the newest commercial aircraft in the air today. I enjoy the opportunities I have while working for a large commercial airline.
as an A&P Maint tech at United Airlines, I feel that the management doesn't care about employees at certain bases, specifically, at Dulles(IAD). I have worked at other bases such as SFO line maintenance where they value the hard work and effort each tech puts in.
Pros
benefits, Medical
Cons
culture
Great Company
This is a great company to work for if you want to balance your work and family life. Very flexible, and family friendly! The company also treats the employees well!
United Airlines CSR
The job itself is pretty simple there is nothing difficult about it. If you're good at dealing with people and calming them down then this is the perfect job for you. This position is unionized so unfortunately some of the employees feel the need to do nothing while others do the majority of the work and actually try to improve the image of the airline. I would probably say the majority of the leads and supervisors are absolutely worthless and don't know how to handle situations so you will be stuck in the front line by yourself a lot. All in all, it is worth the all the work because the benefits are so great.
Good management team
Great company to work for with great benefits. UA values its employees and are always transparent in quarterly earnings. Out of the 5 years i worked there, i've always gotten my quarterly profit sharing bonus.
Don’t do it
management is crazy, didn’t know what they were doing half the time, system designed to set you up for failure, didn’t care about the employees at all, only thing great about it is the flight privileges, even that sucks, it’s seniority based so if you’re new in the company 10/10 you’re getting bumped off a flight
Not good
I worked at the Sterling, VA call center and mostly hated it. It was extremely stressful handling calls from irate customers. Micro-management made things much worse and the pay sucks. The only thing good about it was I got to travel to parts of the world I never would have had an opportunity to see otherwise. Even then, they deduct the mileage from your already measly pay check
fun place to work
do some research don`t get into the hype of union and management stay to yourself. understands the do`s and dont`s of your action`s united is still growing but still need to listen little bit more to the front line
a willingness to share ideas, best practice techniques and new ways of doing things
I consistently arrive to work on time.
I makes sure work area is covered at all times.

I have no unscheduled absences, except for documented emergencies.
Fun place to work at with awesome flight benefits
Worked at United for 23 years. Like any company you will have ups and downs; however, for the most part the company is a great place to work. Awesome!
I truly can say I love working for United. Some management is questionable but more on a local level. The company itself is great! I have worked in various cities and job functions and can honestly say I have always loved my job!
productive and fun workplace
It was a very nice opportunity to learn new things. We had an opportunity to shadow different departments, dealing with customers, visiting new places in the airport.
Do Not Reccomend
Highly inefficient, lack of meaningful work, managers with no sense of oversight for the program, no benefits, minimum wage for the airport while other interns in this program at other airports are paid more
marshaling aircraft, loading/unloading and sorting freight and baggage, servicing the aircraft, assisting with pushback and towing, deicing and other
Fast paced environment in hot and cold conditions. Learned team work values working together to complete a task. Company leaders are well trained and organized. Very friendly atmosphere family oriented. Hardest part of this job is working under inclement weather. Interesting part of working in this company is the types of aircraft they service.
Good experience
I started my aviation career at United. I have done my part and was rewarded accordingly. Started as a mechanic and retired as an inspector. Training at United is awesome. You will get what u need to do your job and advance within the company.
Thank you United.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
1K
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.