United Airlines

United States3,792 reviews

Found 3,792 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,069 reviews
flightunitedtravelflyingpassengercontinentalattendantaircraft

Wonderful Benefits, Wonderful Diversity

This is a great place to work and there is wonderful comradeship among employees. That is what I most loved about this job. Taking care of passengers can be very very stressful when you are trying to make everybody happy while the company refuses to properly staff the planes. Overall however it was the best job I have ever had and praise the unions for sticking up for us. I only wish the company would staff the airplanes with more flight attendants because it is impossible to provide a pleasant experience when it takes forever to get to the rear of the plane to provide drinks. Other than this I believe this is a wonderful company to work for. Thank you United Airlines (Formerly Continental Airlines) for allowing me into your company and for your great retirement package. I really enjoy the diversity, the acceptance of the LGBTQ employees and all of the above. Please continue to strive for diversity and acceptance. But also, to the upper management- flight attendants deserve an extra flight attendant on ALL domestic flights on 737 aircraft. There is simply not enough help in the coach cabin for a full flight. Please and thank you!!

Good training but too hectic to work there

Working in a hub where turnover was so high created challenges. I couldn’t stay there much longer after realizing that you would easily be left alone to handle meeting and boarding a large plane. They knew at least two agents should be in each gate, but they couldn’t get enough people to stay with the company.

United Airlines insights

Based on 1,934 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

The best airline

I loved working for this company. They treated me so well. The career was dynamic and fun, as long as your flexible and ready to make changes to your life/schedule. 10/10 life experience.

Great company

I love working for United as a Flight Attendant. been working already for 3 years and love it every minute. You can see the world and connect with people getting paid for.

A great place to work if you love to travel

Great benefit for part-timer and a great place to work as well. Travelling around the world is free for yourself and the your family , but you will not have a chance to do so. You work your heart out so your family can take advantage to travelling for free. It is not a place to work to pay bills if you have a lot of bills to pay.

Team work respect and growth.

At united people is that airline best resource and every other business gold will follow.I notice some room for improvement but I just started working a short time. Until I have a more indepth knowledge of the operation .

Pros

Pay, Career

Cons

Bad weather

An ok place to work.

It was a good job. I would still be there if it weren't for unforseen circumstances. Like any other job, there were things to get excited about and there were downsides.

Great environment with great growth potential

United offers great opportunities for growth within the company. Coworkers genuinely look out for one another. United offers great benefits flights medical education

Eek

Honestly I really enjoyed it up until I got dumped out of the 5 week training onto a gate where no one else decided to communicate with me. Sharp division between supervisors and workers to the point where I did not even know who my direct supervisor was or who to contact when I had issues.

Good learning experience.

Worked graveyards Friday, Saturday Sunday, Monday, and forced to work on holidays. It is all about seniority. Management was always changing ideas and thus the culture. Most enjoyable time was traveling.

Pros

Learning

Cons

Graveyards

Too much drama in the work place

Employees always seem to be looking for an opportunity to "snitch" on other employees. The online training is intensive for the first couple of weeks, but the OJT is inadequate.

Pros

The work load is light

Cons

The employment is ONLY part-time until a full-time position becomes available

A really great place to work for

Being on reserve can be challeging, but there is a decent supporting system at United Airlines. Flight benefits are great so are other benefits and welfare.

Great Career

This job is amazing, with great benefits, however it is not for everyone. This job is perfect for people who love new experiences, new people, and being on the go. If youre a homebody, who enjoys routine, do not apply. You have to a really flexible and accomodating person. Cancellations and delays impact your entire work trip/commute

Excited

First week so look forward to seeing how it goes. Enjoy faced paced jobs so I’m sure this should be a perfect place for me to work. Hope all goes well

Stress level high

The airline life was fun once upon a time in the distant past, but today pay and benefits are all that matter and getting to retirement still in once piece.

Custom

It was a great job then COVID-19 happened and it became very stressful and not a fun place to work. Everyone was not happy, customer employees etc. So I decide for my health I needed to retire.

Flexibility and understanding from management. We are thought that our health and family comes first. .

Excellent company to work for. Many changes done to benefit the company and employees. All kind of benefits. Travel the world. Experience of a life time.

Pros

Free flights for family

Cons

No cons

Great travel benefits, great health benefits, retirement benefits

Great place to work but you do have to deal with irate passengers, weather problems and with mandatory overtime. Travel benefits are a wonderful way to see the world. Work schedule is very flexible.

Good Company to work for

United is a good company to work for, pay is good compared to national averages. Aviation world is very simple either you like it or you don't; no middle point here; that being said, if you are in the former group of people, then this will be a great place for you.

Pros

Pay, schedule flexibility, flight benefits, time off

Cons

Seniority rules. United outsources some services which makes it difficult for management at times.

If you love to travel, there are a lot of opportunities to do so!

The Management of the Company has significantly changed in the last 3 years. It would not be fair for me to comment since I left during the pandemic l, although not the plan I had, it is what it is!

Excellent team, great place to work and growth oriented. Management is always looking got ways to help to grow and develop within the company. Great travel perk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight