United Airlines Employee Reviews

Found 2,575 reviews matching the search See all 2,780 reviews
Exciting
Customer Service Investigator (CSI) (Former Employee) –  630 n Access rdAugust 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company. I was able to utilize my skills as well I learned a few things on the way. Everyone was friendly and didn’t mind helping out if you needed.
Pros
Learn many skills
Cons
Pay rates
Nice Company; Extremely Demanding
Ramp Agent/Baggage -Temporary, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2019
Good company; however, they provided 5 weeks of training which is extremely intense and they expected you to perform all duties effectively with no guidance. Very demanding; like being in the military.
trash company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 21, 2019
Managment plays favorites and makes rules just to get people fired. Super fake, I dont recommend working here. If you apply I only recommend part time to use the flight benefits
Productive workplace
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2019
I learnt a lots of things over there. Initially it was hard to cope up, but as the time passed by it became easier. The people working over there are from multi-culture and fun to work with.
If only giving no star were an option...
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2019
The whole experience was horrendous. The immaturity level in the workplace was worse than in high school. The hiring process took up to 6 months, if you are counting from the in-person interview to official start date. That should have spoke VOLUMES all by itself.
Unorganized, unprofessional and sheer complacency are the main reasons why the company is constantly hiring with barely any retention in the management positions- let alone the ramp.
Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2019
 Experience in working with ASP .NET MVC and Entity Framework as ORM Mapping tool for Data Access layer.
 Extensive experience in Responsive web-based page and site designs using
 Experience in using JavaScript, jQuery, HTML 5, XHTML, CSS, Bootstrap Telerik, Kendo Controls, GULP JS, AWS and AJAX framework in creating efficient and interactive Web applications.
 Experience in creating dynamic web pages to get faster response time and to obtain partial updates using ASP.NET, Master pages and AJAX framework.
 Expertise in developing windows communication foundation services to expose useful functionality to Web users and Developed Web APIS for backend data communication.
 Well versed in N-Tier Architecture and Web applications using Windows forms, Web forms and Windows services, SOAP, IIS and XLST.
 Worked in Database Design, Development Data migration using SQL Server 2010/2012/2014/2015, MySQL and MS Access.
 Expertise in creating SQL objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Triggers, Cursors, User defined data types and Functions using SQL.
 Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Design Patterns and Model View Controller (MVC).
 Hands-on experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS) packages for import and export of data for creating reports for Business users and Management.
 Experienced at using Subversion (SVN), Visual Source Safe (VSS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) for integration, code security, version and source control.
 Experienced in working with Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing to
  more... check whether all the Business Objective requirements are archived.
 Experience in writing test cases with N-Unit and Karma for Unit test and Performed End to End test using Protractor.
 Involved in production support and fixing production issues. Strong team player, ability to work independently and in a team as well, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, commitment
Great for travelling, but horrible for pay
Bilingual Flight Attendant (Cantonese/Mandarin) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2019
It was both the easiest and hardest job, because the pay was honestly very hard to live with. If you include the fact that we are provided with hotels during our layovers, our pay is phenomenal... but that's not really something we can cash out and pay for the bills with. As a reserve flight attendant, we had almost no control over our schedules during busy seasons, and it meant missing weddings, funerals, etc. I personally viewed my time as a flight attendant as a discounted long-term vacation, but after 2.5 years, it almost dried out my savings account, without any financial gain.
Great Job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2019
Unite Airlines was first job
I loved it
It’s was teamwork and I got along everyone there and Bosses were great person
I did a lots over times there and I got travel different countries
I was appreciate to work there
It’s was job never forget in my life
10 yrs worked there
Thank you United-Airlines great experience
No fun work place
Sr Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILAugust 17, 2019
Apparently expectations are high. No work life balance. No work from home. People dont even get up from their places for lunch! should get better at treating employees
Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2019
The environment at united airlines was enjoyable however, there were individuals that broke rules and had a negative attitude. A lot of the time you can tell who is in the good o'boy system, a lot of employees with seniority will throw it in your face and some management personal were questionable due to their actions.
nice job
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2019
Be very assertive, people oriented leadership and able to work with a wide range of people and personalities very long process but well worth it in the end
Do all you can come to work on time. United is devoted to accuratices
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 16, 2019
United Airlines is really changing it’s culture and getting rid of the old processes and bringing in GREAT talent and also more time in moving up. The people at united strive to find out what motivates the individual and taking them beyond their ability to succeed.
a great work place
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2019
A great place to work if you like a fast paced environment. Their is a lot of different places to work like baggage, gates or just lo Amazing benefits if you like to travel.
challenging
Captain / Check Airman B767 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2019
great company; like most other technology industries there are evolutions , mergers. acquisitions; market trends that eventually have a big impact on your career .
I' v never work for the united before
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nimitz,August 12, 2019
I really want to work for the united because I'm very interested working for our united to help a lot of peoples, helping the people that came from other country
A great job for the most part
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2019
You have no life because this airline is prone to delays and has 7762 regional carriers flying under their name. Management is the same from before the Continental merger. They will stab you in the back.
Busy Busy Busy n
User Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 12, 2019
This was a contract job. I was not working at the airport. I was working on a project from a different location. I enjoyed the job. I would love to work for the company again.
Uneducated management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2019
There is no consistency. Everyone is on their own agenda. It’s worse then highschool drama and all.
Plus you miss all the important events with loved ones and forget about ever having a holiday or weekend off
Diversity is key.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 9, 2019
I love how i got to learn different & beautiful cultures in one job. While working for United, i’ve learned a lot from people and about the company. Coming from an island thats far from here, im glad i got to fly for free to go visit whenever i had the chance. Great Experience.
Technical writer
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2019
I work in the technical library. I handle customer service requests, such as drawings, engineering documents, manuals. Our department is fast-passed due to demands of the field. I handle putting manuals on our intranet using html.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight