United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

Great Compay but no job security
(Clinical Allergy Specialist) Floater (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2018
Absolutely loved this company. the manger i worked for was AMAZING. My manger was laid off 4 months prior to my lay-off and it was heartbreaking. This was genuinely one of the best companies I had worked for. Hardest part of the job, not meeting numbers.
Pros
work/life balance, insurance
Cons
job security
interesting work
CERTIFIED ALLERGY SPECIALIST (CAS) (Former Employee) –  Truth or Consequences, NMApril 17, 2018
This is a job for people who like to sale and are on the move all the time. You get to make friends with the local staff and with other coworkers by helping each other when possible.
A laid back slow paced job.
Certified Allergy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 28, 2018
I love working for united allergy because the dr office i work with is so great. I was one of the few allergy techs that got to work with great nice people. I love helping people and making a difference. I do make a huge difference in my patient's life. I just don't stay busy at all. There's days i have no patient's and that makes for a very long day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Boring long days
Can be a good temporary job for healthcare experience
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2018
Working here so far it’s been alright, I have a great liaison she is very helpful when I need it. The urgent car that I am place at gets a lot of business but I don’t only b/c people aren’t interested or they stay out of town. It is like a sales job b/c your trying to get people to come in and get this test done and to accept treatment. I feel like they want you to pressure the customers to both. Also if you have a lot of canceled appointments or declines they want to have meeting for the reason why, I can’t force people to do it. All these useless meeting each week is really unnecessary and gets old really fast. I do feel like if I don’t get better soon I will loose my job because I have to benefit the company and the urgent care that I was placed at. So yes job security is a issue. I wouldn’t recommend anyone try to raise a family in this job, I think this job is really only for people my age between 21-26 for experience only. It is true that they have high turn over rate because this job doesn’t Secure any future for them.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Job security, sales job for sure
Terrible just awful
LPN ;Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMarch 18, 2018
Made millions for this company in denville office a little over a year and thrown away like garbe because of lower management made it political. Not a heathly job environment, do not take this job if u want a future.
Great start-up company to work for
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Its a blast to work for this company and have a voice in a dynamic work place! Great place to get experience in business and healthcare. I would recommend this company to any friend.
Nice for short term
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 20, 2018
They should be clear on the process of keeping your job especially for people who moved to work with them. They throw you away like trash and don't care. Management was nice but cooperate is not. The trainers seem nice but are actually rude. Don't work here if you can avoid it. Find somewhere else unless you want to be jobless soon. Interaction with patients was worth it
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Training and job security
Young company still finding its footprint in the healthcare industry
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I was in middle operations. Had long hours, without much recognition of achievements despite how focused they are on achievements. When time for bonuses comes around they always reorganized the bonus structure and surprise no bonuses for anyone. The do have incentives based off performance but they are rigged for people in high volume clinics. The patient care is the best part, interacting with the patient and seeing their health improve.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
if you get a good manager it's awesome, if you don't it sucks.
Great Team work
Not a stressful environment to work in along with great co-workers always willing to lend a helping hand. Great management who is often in communication with you and easily accessible.
Bad Management and Business Plan
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Management was uncooperative and did not care about their employees. The business plan for the company was failing and the whole company is a sinking ship.
Pros
network with doctors
Cons
no advancement, poor management, low wages
Independent Work
Senior Certified Allergy Specialist - DFW Floater (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2018
You don't have an onsite manager. You work independently. Your manager is available via cell phone but otherwise you send emails to fellow employees asking questions and getting answers.
n/a
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 5, 2018
As a third party contributor to a physicians office you are responsible for how your clinic runs. Depending on the day you can see anywhere between five to twenty patients a day. Also there are many calls to log into for the team along with many other requirements. Depending on your manager will determine if you enjoy what you do or not. Some managers allow you to operate how you would like others try and micro-manage which makes the experience horrible. For all of the expectations of the position the Clinical Allergy Specialist are not paid nearly enough.
Pros
Can do what you want
Cons
no job security
They care, sort of!
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJanuary 31, 2018
The position is a great starter position. If you are able and willing to travel about 75% of the time then there is room for advancement. They advertise you having some control of your schedule but its not all true.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
they are more focused on numbers rather than the patients
Good company if you are in the right situation
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2018
This is a good place to work if you love the medical field but are not a nurse or physician's assistant. The training is provided by the company and a medical background is not necessary, but it helps. It is a bit of a sales job at the end of the day because you are working with providers to provide/sell a service but it truly does help the patients. The company does well to compensate those who perform well with gift cards and Fitbit trackers you can purchase from points gained from performing certain services. Also, there is a 3rd party website you have access to for discounts for a plethora of other things.

My negative experiences were with management and job security. Because you work as satellites of the company and management is regional, you may only actually see your manager every couple weeks. Yes, there is contact and support in between, but if you are in a situation that needs upper management, it can be difficult to come by. Also, changes from the top down are very slow to make their way down the chain of command unless it is directly from the CEO. The job is full-time, but the company still contracts with providers on a month-to-month basis so the provider can give a 30-day notice and you no longer have that post. If there is space to relocate you and you can, perfect. If not there goes your job.
Pros
Pto, compensation for performing well, employee discounts
Cons
Job security, slow/little flow of information from corporate down
Fun place to work and grow
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYDecember 7, 2017
Nice place, you have to be a self-starter and be able to handle things on your own but very helpful along the way. Great work environment and co-workers and supervisors.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Not every clinic stays open
Great while i was there
(Clinical Allergy Specialist) Floater (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
great while i was there, after major company layoff things went downhill and then there were more layoffs. overall the company was great for an abundance of reasons.
Pros
culture
Cons
job security
Wonderful company, let's re-think contracted doctor's offices
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 5, 2017
Best place to use customer service skills and sales to help others find allergy relief from seasonal allergies. Do reconsider the office you work in..
Pros
free lunches from vendors, pto, employee training
Cons
any phone call with blue cross blue shield
Great starter, not a long term employer
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 30, 2017
My experience with United Allergy was very inconsistent. Initially, it was a great paying job in a low income area. After being reassured relentlessly that this was not a sales position, I, like most employees, found it to be exactly that. You are trained on how to convert patients to "customers" and are given a monthly budget. You rarely see anyone above your position unless you have not met your budget or are being moved to a different clinic. If you are self motivated, a good salesman and enjoy working alone this position will suit you well (for the time being). The chances of advancement are dependent upon your willingness to relocate due to the clinics closing just as quickly as they are opened. You are ultimately left with the decision to relocate or be let go. The downside of this? Often times when you are presented the option of move/quit, shortly after moving your position is dissolved and you're back to square one. The physician relationships developed are beneficial to your future if you intend to make a home for yourself in the medical field, but beyond that, this job is TEMPORARY.
Pros
High pay, benefits, no micromanagement
Cons
No job security, relocation, little advancement opportunity
I genuinely enjoyed writing for this company! Its been about four years since I couldn't relocate, but I really enjoyed UAS's vision and mission.
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 30, 2017
I genuinely enjoyed the upbeat, patient driven, and team orientated atmosphere. I also became a true believe in immunotherapy as a truly effective and long term treatment for allergy sufferers like my own son, after working three breathy 2 years. The company gave me no issues when the facility I contracted through decided to altar the contract, and because UAS was unable to relocate me; they paid me unemployment and said I was always welcome to come back if I ever relocated. I believe they need to implement within better facilities and improve their QA department. Overall, I believe they are a great company with a wonderful and effective treatment service that had a great demand ask over the country!
Pros
Self-supervision and responsibility, great training modules, great atmosphere, effectiveness and ease of testing and treatment.
Cons
They changed the CEO.. after that things began to go downhill..Lack of supervision or QA, didn't have 401K when I worked there..
Wouldn't recommend
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 26, 2017
High turnover rates, shotty business practice, more of a sales job than a healthcare position. Great for if you're in school and just want a steady paycheck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Allergy Services. Our community is ready to answer.