United Allergy Services Employee Review

View all United Allergy Services reviews

It all depends on where you are placed
CAS (Current Employee) –  TxAugust 13, 2013
Pros: You get a lot of experience and they are willing to employ you right out of college. You get to manage your own patient care and office. Management dose not micro manage you to a point. They offer several performance based insentives. Hours and benefits are good. Healthcare is free for the employee. Mos people have doctors hours. The tretment you offer works and is effective.

Cons: Your performance is tied to the doctor you are assigned to. The number one goal is tests and if you are not getting enough they let you know. If your clinic is in a welthy area with multiple providers you will be successful but smaller clinics are penilised for having less patient flow even if you do not control this aspect.

If you are lucky you will be placed in a large clinic in a wealthy area with a provider who is involved and is dedicated to patient care. If your provider is not involved you can expect to be cold calling a lot of people trying to get them to test for allergies. If you are in a small town you can expect to exhaust the qualified patients quickly and then you will be continuously asked why you are not meeting quotas, and this may or not be your fault. But if you are lucky and are in a multiple provider clinic who see over 80 people a day you can expect bonuses and possibly moving up quickly. Just remember you are only as good as your last months testing numbers and most of your chain of command do not know who you are unless you are the very top or very bottom.

Other United Allergy Services Employee Reviews

interesting work
CERTIFIED ALLERGY SPECIALIST (CAS) (Former Employee) –  Truth or Consequences, NMApril 17, 2018
This is a job for people who like to sale and are on the move all the time. You get to make friends with the local staff and with other coworkers by helping each other when possible.
Can be a good temporary job for healthcare experience
Clinical Allergy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2018
Working here so far it’s been alright, I have a great liaison she is very helpful when I need it. The urgent car that I am place at gets a lot of business but I don’t only b/c people aren’t interested or they stay out of town. It is like a sales job b/c your trying to get people to come in and get this test done and to accept treatment. I feel like they want you to pressure the customers to both. Also if you have a lot of canceled appointments or declines they want to have meeting for the reason why, I can’t force people to do it. All these useless meeting each week is really unnecessary and gets old really fast. I do feel like if I don’t get better soon I will loose my job because I have to benefit the company and the urgent care that I was placed at. So yes job security is a issue. I wouldn’t recommend anyone try to raise a family in this job, I think this job is really only for people my age between 21-26 for experience only. It is true that they have high turn over rate because this job doesn’t Secure any future for them.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Job security, sales job for sure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Allergy Services. Our community is ready to answer.