United Alloy, Inc. Employee Reviews

They say they are hiring, but never do.
None (Former Employee) –  United Alloy janesville,May 8, 2019
I've seen a few woman including myself who they don't consider hiring. Have tried for many months, no calls back or responses. I have a solid work history. I've seen a few men, with less experience get hired. Also always doing hiring events, and posting on Facebook. You can only go through one person, and that person doesn't seem to care.
Cons
Communication
They are hiring but never call
None (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 2, 2019
They don't hire overweight females for their machining jobs. Have schooling of the cnc courses and 10 years under my belt took their testing and still nothing. Even when they go to job fairs why you don't hire females for your machines looks like you all need a reality check.
No place for professionals
Professional (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 12, 2019
You don't leave your career, you leave management. Management lacks the level of executive function to fulfill their roles and lead the organization.
Pros
Great for someone who needs a job
Cons
Bad for anyone who is a professional in their career field
If you want a place to just "be"....well welcome home.
Forklift Operator, Press Op (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2019
Originally took this job in a tight squeeze. It offered ot hrs but had low pay. The communication amongst departments is mediocre at best. There is a lot of favoritism here as with most places. However, if you can handle that then it does pay weekly and if you can make it into the Nickel Solid dept., you could stay a while. Air quality sucks as you are dealing with metals and metal dust. Bi lingual is a plus as many departments have hired many spanish speaking employees. Personally after being there nearly 3 yrs... I wouldnt make this a career just a stepping stone.
Pros
Little supervison, company supplied gear. Holiday and occassional bonuses
Cons
Bad culture. Poor air quality.
Clean place but high turnover rate
welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 8, 2019
They are constantly Hiring new people all around including HR and it makes it difficult to work and get assistance when needed. I moved here for this job and it was a nightmare from day one was lied to about the apartment they put me in and then after 2 months was forced to move out and to a hotel for a week
Pros
The people are great
Cons
No training, discipline in place, rude, unloyal
Irregular Pace, Decent Pay, Lack of Job advancement
SHIPPING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 11, 2018
Not a bad place to work, but if you have family and want a decent life outside of the shop, good luck. Organization is not great, and they are awful at letting you know ahead of time if they want you to work OT
Pros
decent pay, laid back
Cons
no organization, management is very cliquey
Terrible mgmt team
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville WISeptember 13, 2018
I worked for United Alloy in outside sales. This company really struggles with honesty with ownership and mgmt. They hired a national sales manager when I worked there who was very cut throat, he didn't know the industry and only accomplishment was a fancy website. Plenty of turnover as well which is a sign of trouble.
Pros
fabrication machinery
Cons
mgmt, ownership and turnover
All in All
Laser Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 30, 2018
Great place to work stressful at times but good. managment isnt fully there and sometimes gives you run arounds but if you stay on them they will help you out if you have questions HR department are amazing and call or email they get back to you rate away
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 6, 2018
I liked my job at United Alloy we got slow and I couldnt manage my bills. Instead of collecting partial unemployment I moved on.I have tried getting back into United to no avail.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Lots of welding and dust
Horrible place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 23, 2018
Horrible place to work. They care nothing about the safety or well being of their enployees. Management is a joke as is the so called HR department...
Welder (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 3, 2018
Challenging work with good people working to help you achieve quality products. Work on a point system for attendance. 5 days paid vacation with two paid personal days. Receive one personal day every 6 months.
Growth is their
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 2, 2018
Opportunity to learn and grow into the company. Started out on the bottom and now I am a supervisor. Hard work paid off. VERY CLEAN and well set up place.
Pros
Good Pay and opportunity to advance
Cons
Sometimes clicky, but every place I have worked has been like that...
Poor place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 25, 2018
Out with the old and in with the new "puppy dog" factory that does not care about its employees. But, if you are an arrogant and pompous person that feels your better than everyone else, you should fit right in. A bunch of brown nosers that like to pass the buck and point fingers work here. Sticklers. You could work here for 6 weeks or 6 years with no problems... never miss a day... production at 100 percent... they dont care. Your fired.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Iron fist gestapo
Pompous place
Welder (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 24, 2018
No matter if you have worked here for 6 days or 6 years, they treat you the same. Constant sticker iron fist Gestapo place to work in fear of losing your job every day.
Pros
Cons
No advancement or respect management stinks
Growing Company
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 21, 2017
Company is growing and will be providing new opportunities for people in the area.

Learned to work in a team environment.

Workplace culture is relatively open and accommodating.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
last resort employement
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 26, 2017
bad place to work management even stabs you in back Its also a blme game if your the low man its all your fault very fast to get rid of people to cover up there mistakes
Good place to work.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 15, 2016
Coworkers were awesome--very helpful. Learned how to quickly and efficiently weld at various angles while maintaining quality to meet quota. Benefits were good.
Pros
Great coworkers & benefits
Cons
Car broke down.
Easy going with no real direction
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 24, 2016
i like my job, how ever my wife is a manager at the same place and we can work in the same areas, making it hard to take my career where i need to go.
Pros
easy going and relaxed
Cons
very little direction
Easy going but no real direction
Process Improvement Engineer (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 24, 2016
I like working there, but with my wife being a manager, i can not move into the areas that i fit the best in and that would help to get my career where i would like it to go.
Pros
relaxed easy going atmosphere
Cons
sometimes confusing direction on what is needed.
it sounds really fun to have everything cut with CNC plasma,assembling is so accurate.
Welder-assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 28, 2016
Working with robots and getting the best welding-assembling training in Wisconsin is what we call a lifeskill.Big thanks to everybody for the great experience.