United Auto Credit Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
stressful, unprofessional, and uncompassionate for othrs
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  4700 Mercantile Rd. Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2018
Where do I begin??? This place only cares about their company and how much money they can make they allow reps to speak very rudely to customers!! with threats and name calling and aftr laughing about it with the supervisors. they play loud and I mean loud music to the point where sometimes you cant even hear the customer or the customer hangs up because of the music so loud! no one helps you when you have a question they get annoyed and or just say figure it out! the lady supervisor there in the 30s collections dept is so rude and threatens your job or will call you names or call you out in front of othr co-workers to embarrass you. She never wants to handle a supervisor call and says to put them on park till she gets to it and then forgets and blames the reps for keeping the customer waiting for more than 40 min. ALL BECAUSE SHE FORGOT! also and to end this review ppl advance in this company only if you brown nose to management or supervisors! FAVORITISM is key in this place if you want to move up not on your performance or your skills its based on FAVORITISM!! I have never worked in a place where there is no consideration for their employees who work very hard at work!
Pros
salary, friendly co-workers
Cons
unethical, poor managmnt, no respect for employees, favoritism ect., ect.
nice place to work
Junior Funder (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 12, 2018
good place to work. Good management in my department and very fair and understanding. Expect a good amount of work from you but in return will always compensate you fairly
Pros
free lunches
More of a sales and collection position
Funding Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 10, 2018
Every duty is considered to hold the same priority. The co-workers and management were nice. The office only consists of 5-7 people including management.
Pros
Free lunch on worked holidays, free lunch in recognition of hitting branch goals, decent benefits, and the pay is decent.
Cons
Working late, not meeting goals, and such a small office of co-workers.
Fun Loving Atmosphere
CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
My 6+ years was no short of rewarding. I made lifelong friendships and learned so much about the auto and financing world. In my time of employment there, I coached, trained and mentored, all of which made my job description even more rewarding.
Pros
Fun environment, annual company picnics, company Christmas parties and team building adventures.
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 7, 2018
Come in open up computer, get cash drawer out and make sure the money was correct, supervised two of the co-workers with the day to day processes. Learned more about the auto financial business. My boss in the office was great to work with. Work place was good. The hardest part of my job was when the upper management can in one day and told us that our job where ending that day. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning the auto financial business and working with the group of co-worked.
Good
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Its a good place to start. Work and life balance is horrible, all you do is work. Its an office job, I learned a lot. Managers can be very rude, there is a few really good ones
Very tough Program
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2018
Customers had issues with Program, lots of turnover, funding could be a problem, customers not sure what to send in after package arrives, but over all a good company
Poor
Front End Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Management is not good. They speak with other managers behind your back and form cliques with employees. Just a place to pass time and get a pay check.
Pros
Free lunches and spiffs
Fantastic Company
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2018
This is a company that fosters growth and development. There have been multiple instances where talent has been identified and placed in positions that empowers the individual.
Pros
growth
Company Closed
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 6, 2018
The company was a subprime lender of car loans for people who had previous bankruptcies, repossessions and other negative credit situations. It was predatory and aggressive and we were asked to bully, belittle and talk down to past due customers
Cons
Atmosphere
Official response from United Auto Credit Corporation
March 7, 2018

Just to clarify, the company is still very much in business and thriving. When we changed management in 2007 we also centralized our business model which included unfortunately closing branch offices. Doing this allowed us to assure that practices throughout the organization were centered around our mission to provide the best opportunities for our dealers and customers to achieve financial success through our hard work, innovation and great service.

Relaxed work place
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 29, 2017
A non-stressful working environment relax culture competitive pay for employees great holiday parties room for growth an advancement within company 401K options
Pros
Job growth
Cons
Work hours end of the month
Provided excellent training in auto loan servicing from credit to repossession
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2017
A typical day began with running daily reports to identify past due accounts, creating collection strategies, coordinating field chases, attending auto auctions and payment processing from walk in customers.

At UACC, I learned the auto loan business from crediting to repossession and/or bankruptcy. I was trained to represent the company during public auto auction sales, at court proceedings, and when conducting skip tracing and field chases to locate customers and vehicles.

The small office contained 8 associates who all had a specific role to run the branch. The atmosphere was friendly and we all worked together to meet deadlines or goals.

Management provided opportunities to learn the business and cross training opportunities were always available.

The hardest part of the job was repossessing vehicles from customers who were experiencing financial difficulties that were not of their own doing (sudden layoffs, illnesses, death in family, etc.) Repossessions were the final action taken after all other means of assistance were exhausted.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to educate customers on their credit and financial obligations. Some benefitted from the educational porting of the job by paying off UACC to obtain lower interest car loans.
Pros
The ability to work inside and outside of the office, friendly staff, work hours
Cons
Branch closings.
great opportunity out of school
Senior Internal Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 17, 2017
Was a great first job out of college. Good structure and learned a lot about myself and the auto industry.They have some tough programs, so you really need to know their policies when working on deals with dealers. If you love to manage markets and train clients to use programs, this is a great job for you.
Competitive environment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2017
very competitive environment. On average, you have to make two tho three hundredth call daily. Have to meet monthly standard goals. If goal is met, individual reward are given
Was a complete mess
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 23, 2017
Had an awesome direct manager but upper management is a disaster. The market declined and they stopped buying the paper we'd always sold and then blamed the sales force. Risk changed the buying model and it was like the faucet was turned off.
Typical Day
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Come in to work and start working accounts
skip tracing calling and locating vehicles
overtime required most days
we have diferent commitees to help out with the area that we live to give funds to kids and hurricane victims
Great place to work but declined rapidly
Dealer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 12, 2017
Rating speaks for itself.
Company was a great place to work in the 1st 9 months, then new leadership took over and changed the competitive program and blamed sales for the decline in market share.
Micro managers to the max.
Auto Customer Service/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 29, 2017
They do not offer raises what you start with is what you will end with unless you move to a different department. Managers under cut you and no growth
Pros
Provide events yearly
Cons
No raises
Productive and fun atmosphere
Collection/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2017
Had to opportunity to work with a diverse group of individuals. I worked as the collection supervisor. I had a team that was responsible for collecting on delinquent accounts.
Pros
Rewarding the staff monthly
Cons
n/a
Typical Day
Call back analyst/ Underwriter (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYMay 23, 2017
Fun atmosphere; room to grow but difficult hours. Good management and good co-workers, but work late hours which takes up the majority of the day. Good first job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Auto Credit Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.