United Auto Delivery & Recovery Inc. Employee Reviews

Great worklife balance
Nationwide Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNJune 25, 2018
Management and all people there are wonderful and a Great work life balance but HORRIBLE pay. People cannot survive on the wage they pay. I guess entry level people can, but how do u expect to keep good qualified people if they cant pay their rent? Or put gas in their cars? Or have to go in debt on credit cards for the basic needs of life?I loved working here, and would have stayed had I felt that my work was worth the pay I received.
Great Management but poor salary
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2018
I thought the management was great but the pay and benefits were very poor.

The people I worked with was more focus on gossip instead of their job. If they did not like what a person said they would report it to management.
Pros
Cons
Pay/Benefits
Dont waste your time with this company.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 3, 2018
Very poor training & trainer had a very bad attitude. Was let go after 9 days because they said was learning computers fast enough. Hardly had any training on computer.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours, had to work nights, only got paid if you picked up the cars
Decent pay
Recovery Agent (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNMarch 21, 2018
Work long hours with little to no supervision. No reward for high performance. Company seems to care about its workers. Job at times sucks real bad. Not a bad company to work for but could be improved.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad job.
Good environment
Account Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2018
Fine place to work but not a whole lot of advancement opportunities.. They do care about employees.and good work hours for people with families.. Good locations
If your in the click you will go far.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNFebruary 14, 2018
Careful lots of talking behind your back and lack of support if you show desire to learn and advance if your not in the click. Work is very interesting and can be fun and challenging.
Cons
Fake people, favoritism
Supervisors suck
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ColliervilleFebruary 10, 2018
Supervisors don’t really know anything. They want you to toss accounts all day but don’t want to pay you what you’re worth. They don’t care about you.
Cons
Back biting sometimes supervisors
The Work-Life Balance Haven
Nationwide Next Step Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNFebruary 6, 2018
In a typical day at work, I get in around 8:15 am. They're not hyper strict about being on time and there's no point system for attendance; they trust you to behave like an adult and be where you need to be, and if not, you'll have a short talk in an office where they genuinely wanna know if everything's working out. After I arrive, I just right into handling my workflow. There's never a dead day for me, and if anyone SAYS there's a dead day, well, they're missing something. The work stays busy and you can make the day go as quickly as you like. I've learned all sorts of skills here from organizational management, vendor relations, and timeline establishment. The workplace culture here is par NONE. You will never be stressed out here, and if you are, there are several ways to handle it. There's a ping pong LEAGUE here (2 of them actually) and you can easily go vent any stress there. I can't name a day where I haven't walked in and people have greeted me with smiles and good attitudes.

I feel it's necessary to address the favoritism comments I've seen as well. It seems like most of the people who cry wolf about that sort of thing are the people who don't really know what other jobs are like. I dunno what the situations are specifically, but I tend to avoid drama at all costs, and I just do my job and I've never had trouble. It'll be what you make it.

The hardest part of this job is just being able to adapt. Things change often and quickly, and there's no need to argue or get stuck in your ways. It's a flexible environment and when the bottom line boils down, you'll find
  more... that they're finding their place in the market, just as well as we as employees are.

I feel the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people around me. We're a team here and lots of us immediately jump up to help each other the moment the other one falls behind. That said, on another serious note, the culture here's incredible. They host luncheons and such for employees several times each year, participate in Barbeque fests, and even have poker nights and such for the agents who drive in for training. They do all sorts of goofy events and such during the employee meetings and really do care about keeping atmosphere up.
Pros
Work Life Balance is amazing, Ping Pong, Fun People, Team-centric atmosphere
Apply Elsewhere
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 1, 2018
- Mgmt is poor, esp the Mgr of the Direct side. The Nationwide Supervisor is the only Mgr there who actually knows anything. If you think this company will defend you in your position there, think again. This company's commitment is to the Almighty Dollar.
- Xmas bonus was a bottle of homemade wine. Seriously.
- You are expendable and treated as such,
- Their definition of salary is anything but. You will be req'd to make up hours lost.
- The clients are very unprofessional.
- Lots of lying.
Pros
It's a paycheck.
Cons
Read my review.
Good Job
Delinquent Account Spotter (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJanuary 31, 2018
This job is great for someone who likes to drive. I did not mind the job at all, but they could not work with my school hours. If they could have worked with my schedule I am sure I would still be there.
Productive and enjoyalbe
Assignments Team Coordinator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJanuary 30, 2018
A fairly decent company. If you like a lot of playing around and a place that takes 2 years to get your one year review and raise then it would be your kinda place.
Pros
Breaks and relaxing
Cons
Managers do not stay consistant
If you want to succeed say goodbye to life
Repossession Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Paid per repossession yet you are given a route. So new guys get unfavorable routes with low production. Equipment is run down if your tow truck breaks you can't work til it's fixed but have no paid time off. Benefits are so expensive an poor not many actually buy it. Average agents make 30-40k requiring 12 hr shifts 6days a week.
Pros
Gas card, maintenance accounts, truck
Cons
Pay, hours, work life, pay, training
Awesome place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNNovember 15, 2017
Loved working at United recovery and re-marketing. Everyone is so nice and laid back. Loved the atmosphere and company in general. Definitely recommend this job!
Pros
benefits/fun atmosphere
Cons
none!
Too many Chiefs
Repost (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 7, 2017
As a Repo Agent you are given a list of cars to recover and then you go out and recover them. This Company doesn't let you do that, instead they want to route you to each stop. Let me remind you this is a commission job you only make money if you find a car, so you can run a route all day and not make a dime. If you deviate from that route you get phone calls complaining that your not running the route given, doesn't matter if your making money or not, they want the route ran.

There are some good supervisors but there are way too many chiefs that interfere with your operation. For the amount of time you spend chasing cars the pay doesn't really equal out. I believe that this company once was a great company to work for but has become to big like every other company out there and lost touch with their employees as senior staff seem to be abandoning ship.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Pay, Too many people barking orders, Routes
Great place to work!
Impound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 1, 2017
Great company to work for as far as people and culture go. I do feel they could pay all the employees more being how large the company is and how much we do. None the less the job is not hard. Consistently busy and time flies by!
Don't bother.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2017
You may work 14+ hrs a day and not pick up 1 car.
And that's everyday of the week.
For the amount of hrs your going to work, you'll be better off working a minimum wage job 40 hrs. a week.
It's just not worth it. You'll be chasing your tail with the outdated, worthless info that you are given to find your vehicles.
If your a twenty something year old kid that thinks it's stealing cars and you have no life, and any money is better than what your making, this is the job for you.
Pros
Nice people that I had contact with.
Cons
Pay potential.
Average
Skip Tracer (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Locating cars/boats/big rigs/motorcycles
How to utilize websites to find people who are late with their payment
My Direct Manager is great
All kinds
Easy job
Being a "detective"
Pros
Causal
Cons
Favoritism. Extremely high turn around. I've worked in HR, and it seems they are in all kinds of violations.
Fun Culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 21, 2017
For a company that recovers and remarkets (sells) automobiles, it is somewhat amazing that the company focuses on its' employees and its' culture to the extent that it does. The HR Team is amazing from day one and makes you feel part of the family. Their location in Collierville, TN is an awesome facility with enough space to get the work done and also to have some FUN throughout the day with modern breakrooms, bathrooms, furniture throughout the building, and even company ping pong and billiards (pool) in the rec room.

Love this place and excited to be a part.
Independent work environment
Independent Repossession Scanner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2017
My position was independent, however I worked very hard with little recognition. I worked as a part-time repossession scanner, but I had full-time hours- no benefits, no paid time-off, no bonus or raise possibility.
Cons
Part-time= worked full-time hours, no benefits, no paid time-out.
Ok company to work for. Not the best job
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 6, 2017
They pay men more than women, I think they look down on African American people. The pay is terrible especially for the amount of work they expect you to do.
Pros
Flexible on time
Cons
Pay, Vacation time, Management