United Bank

United Bank Employee Reviews

Helping customers with their check or cash deposits, and
their payments for loans or line of credits. Processing the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds,

night, ATM, and mail deposits. Balancing branch transactions at the end of the day. Verifying

signature and account ownership as required. Exercising discretion, judgment, and initiative

regarding transaction problem and inquiries
I enjoyed working for the company.
I worked at United for a little over 2 years and really enjoyed it. The hours are very flexible and the benefits are great. I gained a lot of banking experience and made great friends throughout my time there.
Culture can be better...
I would say the culture can do a lot better. Company's culture is quite different and it's mainly run by people in high positions and they can get away with bad behaviors at times.
Pros
free lunches while you are in training
Cons
no bonuses, lack of training, lack of direction for employees
Closing business
United Bank has been sold and the new bank is closing our location. We will be moved to other locations further away at their discretion. Communication is minimal.
Steer clear
Go anywhere but here! It’s like reliving high school. Too much drama! There is zero communication and no one wants to help each other. Professionalism is unheard of at this bank. Benefits are amazing though pay not so much. There is tons of favoritism shown to certain people. If you’re not in the clique you are looked over.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Deposit Operations was a wonderful experience
I began at United Bank as a part-time branch employee and continued in the position while my children were young. Once my children were in JH, I joined the Operations Dept and enjoyed every day in this position. My only regret is not having made the move earlier in my career. Daily, I work multiple reports for Online Banking and Mobile Deposit...reviewing and correcting any items that do not follow policy/procedure. In addition, I assist Branch Employees or Call Center Personnel with customer issues involving online banking or mobile profiles as well as bill pay subscribers, along with any problems that may arise with customers and their online access by critiquing audit trails and notifications. I work independently to complete my daily tasks, but I am a team player--aiding co-workers when needed. Typically, during month-end...my reports tend to be much longer, making my workday more intense...however, I am always able to complete my daily reporting. The most enjoyable part of my job is the community, at-ease atmosphere in which I am a part of...with all co-workers helping and assisting team-members that are overloaded with work on any particular day. It is an environment in which everyone can calmly get their work done, but, if required-others are available to alleviate the excessive workload. A friendly, stress-free, drama-free environment is one that is most productive.
Pros
comfortable scheduling, co-workers, love of job & management team
Cons
health care benefits
Not too bad
It was a good job reasonable pay and Great co workers. Immediate management was good but I have no opinion of upper management. Nice thing is that is was a growing company
Great workplace culture, and loaded with dedicated staff. Many employees are 10+ years in tenure but still committed to providing high quality work in both back office and customer facing positions.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United Bank?
Excellent company to work for!
United Bank is a great company to work for. Management is approachable and willing to help all its employees succeed. They promote from within most of the time. Workplace culture is among the best! The hardest part of the job is when you can't help a customer with a goal in the present. But you can help them with a plan forthe future to reach that goal. The most enjoyable part of working for United was being able to help the customers. Knowing that you had well trained employees you could count on, or to reach out to if you needed assistance. At United Bank everyone is family.
Great employer
Great place to work. They really care about the employees. I've been very happy here. Management is very fair. The perks are great. This has been the best job I have had.
good work environment
it was fun to work for this company very friendly efficient company i would definitely recommend this company was filled with great employees and i had an awesome hard working manager
Variable but mostly negative work environment
You receive only a basic overview of the job in training and are basically told to "learn as you go" in an environment where people are expecting high levels of service due to it being about people's money. Any complaints are almost always ignored and career growth won't happen unless you fight tooth and nail for it.
Fun workplace
Working as a sales associate was a lot of fun. Each day is different in dealing with our customers. Co-workers are great and are there to help.
I would recommend working at United Bank.
Foolishness at it's finest
The color of your skin determines your success here. Don't work too hard because it won't be considered when other positions are available. Whispers are louder than they think.
Manager
I enjoyed my time at United I was well trained and felt confident speaking to customers and referring products. Upper management either likes your or they don’t and you won’t advance if they don’t. Because they aren’t always there to see the big picture, it’s often hard to get them to understand how you Manage and what is working for you. Tellers are often overlooked, overworked and underpaid
Bullying. Poor supervisor and management
Travel demanded for training. Training did not prepare for local branch specifics. Supervisor bullied the other employees. The branch did not go by the main company guidelines and policies.
Great Place To Start/Grow
I began as a Teller in a branch, and learned everything I could in the retail/banking industry quite quickly. I also handled cash and completed bank transactions all day.

I then was offered a position in Hartford in the lending department, and had to learn about lending and several loan products.

Great place to learn about banking and to start your career in this field.
Great Place to Work!
United Bank is a great place to work. They really value their employees and they recognize the hard work of each individual. They also value their customers and make sure each customer feels appreciated for banking with them
Cliques were annoying
I really wasn’t giving a chance to be myself. I felt unwelcome and uncomfortable with the girls I worked with. I was rarely included in conversations.
great place
great place to work for
great benefits

great compensation

great atmosphere for a work environment

team work

great customers

great customer service reps
United Bank
Excellent training and full benefits. They seem to like hiring people with no banking experience. Tries to honor your time when scheduling.
Pay isn't too bad for the area. A work day can either be very busy and hectic or not busy at all.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight