United Bank
65Average

United Bank Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Helping customers with their check or cash deposits, and
their payments for loans or line of credits. Processing the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds,

night, ATM, and mail deposits. Balancing branch transactions at the end of the day. Verifying

signature and account ownership as required. Exercising discretion, judgment, and initiative

regarding transaction problem and inquiries
not to many awsome manager
everyone are friendly but It is hard to move up in the company long as you are applying from outside to get in. great health care and some of the manager are to nice to work for.
Pros
great health care
Cons
very hard to move up
Large regional bank
Strong bank, however the size of it limited the ability to interact with other departments. Performed financial modeling for lenders to help assess whether customers could qualify for a loan.
Loved it!
The only reason why I left is because of relocation and the bank had no branches down south. I loved working here. 9-5 job, great coworkers, and management was always able to help you out.
Pros
set hours, good pay, great benefits
management that stuffs their own pockets and steps on you
the typical day I would be up early since I would have to be there by 6 am, my work came in by 10 am if it wasn't late because it was delivered by UPS. after that was a rush and scramble to get all the work done by 2 pm which is the struggle of the job. there is a lot of work that isn't told to you that you need to do during the job which is the frustrating part of the work.
Cons
benefits are bad, management is even worse
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Beware
I was in this position in McLean. Management is very poor and immature. I left on my own terms. There is alot of efficiency and lack resources to do your job.
Cons
Management, Technology
Not Applicable
Working at United Bank has been a pleasant experience, however, I'm looking for a place close to home if possible. The Team environment is great, and I love it.
typical day and expectations
typical day involves opening and closing branch. Assisting customers with deposits and withdrawals and making reg cc discretionary decisions for check deposits. Handling money and building rapport with customers and recommending services and solutions to their banking needs
Pros
promote from within
Cons
checking goals fluctuate and customer surveys change quarterly
Not a Very Positive Environment
Typical day was coming in to deal with Troubleshooting on Credit and Debit Transactions. Lock-box: Open, Sort, copy and Balance daily Mail Payments by Prearranged Time-set with client's. Proof and Endorsed checks before encoding at the proofing Machines. Confirmed and sent information electronically. Researched and traced issues relating to the Federal Reserve Differences, Customer Differences and Bank Processing differences to ensure minimal losses to all.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Not good Management styles
Relaxed but ambitious
Loved working with United Bank. Th environment is relaxed but you can stay busy with extra assignments by assisting your team! The pay is well too, $19/hr for Operations Associate
Good
Independent working environment with great teamwork. Excellent support from the Line and HR dept. Bank encourages community envolvment and volunteerism.
Pros
Independent work environment
Cons
Inability to work remotely
Depends on who you are and who you know
I personally had a decent experience but I did not have long term plans for the company.

I saw people there who were at the company for a long time and did not have property compensation and had no movement in the company and people who were there for a short period of time who got promotion and compensation beyond what they should have. Communication is poor with upper management and the branches.
The truth
It was a high stress job. The management style is devilish. The starting pay is low because it is based out of the headquarters in West Virginia. It is a culture which fosters bullying.
Pros
Offered health, dental, vision insurance, 401 (k).
Cons
The pay raises are less than 1.50%.
productive and fun place with excellent exeriance
really good experience and good challenge to start in professional manner and chance to grow up with the company ,also the benefit with holiday paid and sick leave as well
Stressful , constant selling Products
I was more stressful due to meet the goals every month. worried about shops. working under the pressure that if my team does not match their monthly goal it was effecting my raise. that was unfair being supervisier
Pros
my manager was really nice and warm
Cons
stressfull atmosphere
Coworkers are great, but low pay and poor benefits plans
It completely depends on what group you land in. My coworkers are the only reason I'm still at this job. My boss is amazing, but working with the branches can be very difficult.
Temp job
Temp job through merger. Prepped files for scanning. Sent files to West Virginia upon completion. No supervision required. Easy job to do. Laid back atmosphere.
Pros
No supervision required
Cons
Only one scanner
Busy, fast, exciting. Nice customers, good workplace culture, lots of interesting opportunities. Large company, lots to learn and to experience, I recommend working there.
United Bank
The company does not stress its employees to make sales goals but you still have to make them. The pay is not fair and there are no incentives and the annual raises are an insult.
So-So
I was hired in one part of town, not long after being hired I was informed the office was relocating to a congested area where it would take me three times as long to commute back and forth from my job.
Help customer to listen their problem and solve the.
Take care customer, sell the right product what customer need and good for them and educated them, open account for customer, daily deposit, cash a check, payment for loan pay, mortgage, credit card.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight