United Bank
65Average

United Bank Employee Reviews in Hartford, CT

Great Place To Start/Grow
I began as a Teller in a branch, and learned everything I could in the retail/banking industry quite quickly. I also handled cash and completed bank transactions all day.

I then was offered a position in Hartford in the lending department, and had to learn about lending and several loan products.

Great place to learn about banking and to start your career in this field.
Great People
The company was a pleasure to work for. The members of the team were all friendly and we worked well together. Everybody chipped in to ensure the success of the department as a whole.
Lives Mission Statement
Successful Company driven by the employees work ethics contributing as a share stake holder.

Limited room for advancement. Middle and Senior Management styles add value.
Good People
All of the people I met at United Bank were very nice and welcoming to new people. I felt comfortable in this environment. The company recently moved from Glastonbury CT to Hartford.
Small Bank with laid back culture
At United Bank, you can expect to be a part of a family. It's a smaller bank and you will learn most employees and executives within the first 3 months.
Leadership is extremely supportive of you and what your contribution to the company is. Be prepared grow in the business
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Diverse culture, tough to advance
It is a great company to work for, however, it is very hard to advance even if you put in the time and effort. The salary is also not competitive to what is in the current marketplace.
Decent company but lacking in proper staffing in IT
The company overall is great. However, they are lacking in the proper staffing of the Help Desk/Field Techs in IT. They seem to bundle all of IT together, as they have an abundant amount of people in the Application Development side, but forget they need the proper resources for the "in the trenches" role for answering the Help Desk calls, as well as dispatched field techs to get the job done.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight