United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 11, 2019
The position that i held was an excellent job except it was monday through friday 8 hours .The location in Lake Mary ,Fl it was very hard to get to work and leaving ,the traffic was terrible.The job was not very hard but i had many issues with the close proximity of the individual desk and the sedentary work.
Disconnected organization
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJune 10, 2019
In general lacks leadership and cohesiveness. Sr. Management will take your ideas to promote as their own. Very little professional advancement. No infrastructure for employee support.
Pros
There is a need in the Pharma/biotech companies for the type of work UBC offers
Cons
Lack of strategy and direction from senior management, Poor understanding of how to drive market share
overworked and under paid.
Sr. Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2019
No advancement opportunities. Too much nepotism and favoritism. There is no room for advancement with in the company. They only care about the bottom line employees mean nothing. They have forgotten that the employees make the company. They only worry about the clients. I am sure someone is sitting in my seat already. But 6 yrs with the company wasn't all bad but the the last year was pure MISERY.
Startup Environment
INSTRUCTIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 2, 2019
After becoming a standalone company, the environment became very stressful for those not funded by a client program. If you weren't funded, you were not safe. Proving your value was challenging especially when specific functions were lean and required extreme hours and effort to complete assignments.
Great bunch of people
Patient Care Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 29, 2019
There is a lot of great people. Some of the management is not the greatest and they now like to put blame on other people within the company. Love all my nurses in all my states.
Pros
Hours
Sitting in a cubicle talking with patients
Nurse Clinician - RN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 24, 2019
I worked with a particular drug company doing outbound and inbound calling with patients . Number of calls is important to management. No paid lunches or breaks. If you are on the clock you will be making calls. Not bad but just know you are there to make calls.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Monotonous . It was a long drive for me. Opportunity to work from home seemed years away.
Poor pay and management
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 6, 2019
Unfortunately there are good people that work at UBC but the overall management is very poor and the pay is even worse. This creates a toxic work environment and make longevity difficult.
Cons
pay and work environment
No job security
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2019
Poor management and always laying off employees. There’s no sense of job security and you only advance if management wants you to. There’s also no real training classes.
Pros
Not many pros
Cons
Management and job stability
Best companies that I ever worked for !
Sr. PC/LAN Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAApril 11, 2019
This company was very good to me lol.
I had a good time working with people here.

Working UBC lead me to meet so cool coworkers who became very good friends of mine today.

The environment is very relaxed and laid back.
UBC is a very flexible place to work.

The managers are great and very smart!
This would be a place that I would had wanted to retire from.
Pros
You can move up easy
Cons
There where no cons
Fun Work Environment
SENIOR QUALITY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2019
UBC has done its best to provide a fun, thriving work environment where employees can enjoy coming to the office. I have been able to build upon my skills and talents by working at UBC.
Pros
Free Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Cons
Work Stress / Short on Staff
required review
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2019
i needed a job and temp service called ad offered this 6 month contract telling me it is not a call center. I accepted the job and trained to sell a new drug in a call center
Worst management
Field Liaison (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2019
Favoritism and cliches with no advancement opportunities. Environment is depressing, very deceptive, and extremely low employee moral. Management attitude is do as I say not as I do.
Free coffee
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2019
Great company until leadership changes. Appreciate the opportunities at the beginning and chance to grow. Free coffee and multiple meals each month. Good 401k and benefits.
Client Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 16, 2019
Job can be stressful but very rewardingThe staff is great to work with and my Lead is always available to help. Upper management is very easy to get along with.
Lacking in Structure, Poor Upper Management, Very Limited Vacation Time
Clinical Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2019
There were little to no policies or procedures put in place. Upper management seemed to make decisions on a whim rather than considering the impact on employees. PTO was hard to come by and the company remained open for most of the holidays.
Pros
Located in a great part of the city
Cons
Poor working environment
Poor
IT Engineer-Telecom (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2019
I transferred from Express Scripts (parent company of UBC) to United BioSource and that was the worst decision of my career. If I could undo anything in my career it would be to change that decision.

I would take back the promotion, the pay increase and never have made the change to leave Express Scripts.

I thought since they were a "child" company of Express Scripts that they would carry they same standards but, I was sadly mistaken. And for the next 3 years of my career until I was laid off were the worst years of my career.
Pros
Promotion with higher pay.
Cons
Poor mmanagement and finally laid off.
Stressful place to work and unorganized
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJanuary 7, 2019
Management was not knowledgeable at all. It's a very stressful environment. The moral was not good at all and employees were not motivated at all. Very disappointing.
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSDecember 3, 2018
It was a decent place to work. I always tried to be the most productive. Answer every call and make sure the clients were satisfied. Make sure all things received were accurate and complete.
Mismanaged company with strict regulations, frequent turnover
REGISTERED NURSE TELEPHONIC CLINICIAN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 31, 2018
A typical day at work allows me 10 minutes before logging in which is not enough time. Two monitors are required for the many softwares, portals, documents to do the job, such as the documentation portal itself, a FDA regulated safety activity portal, a copay portal, the main site webpage, the prescribing information site, scripts for Outbound calls, scripts for replacement request processes, scripts for mechanism of action. Some programs open with Internet Explorer but others only open with Mozilla Firefox, and just recently Microsoft Chrome has been installed so everyone's workstation does not look or operate the same as another. There are 3 supervisors and 2 "team lead" nurses who cannot disseminate important process changes accurately due to miscommunications. Orientation is spotty at best, very rushed, and new hires do not feel ready for live calls. Quality assurance department grades every call, criticism is disciplinary vs constructive, affecting employee morale negatively. The hardest part of the job is having to investigate a patient's chart before making a call to correct a previous newer nurse's documentation. Many duplicate calls are created so patients can get calls twice a day which angers the client. This company is under a contract for a very large pharmaceutical sales company and enforces a very strict quantity versus quality approach so nurses have been told to "keep the calls short" which means rushing through a call and not being able to give 100% attention to the patient needs because the company is so focused on numbers and statistics. I would never recommend  more... anyone work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is possible opportunity to work from home  less
Pros
Work at home opportunity
Cons
Lack of recognition, unequal pay, focus on quantity than quality
ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2018
It's never a normal day around the office. They tend to be very stressful. This is not cool at all to be stressed at work. you are suppose to be happy the whole time that you are rendering service to the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Biosource Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.