United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

Toxic
Clinical Trial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2019
Promises that are not able to be delivered. The leadership is corrupt and maintains unrealistic expectations. Staff working at lower levels often forced to assume decisions of leadership and hold all accountability for negative outcome without recognition for success. No training available for long-time staff when new systems and processes are implemented. If you enjoy working you'll be rewarded with more than you can handle. Otherwise, sit back and relax with only a modicum of stress. The dress code and hours are flexible enough to be of benefit. Benefits deteriorate dramatically every year.
Fun Work Environment
SENIOR QUALITY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2019
UBC has done its best to provide a fun, thriving work environment where employees can enjoy coming to the office. I have been able to build upon my skills and talents by working at UBC.
Pros
Free Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Cons
Work Stress / Short on Staff
Contracts job performing budgets and contractual negotiations
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2018
Contracts and Budgetary management with clinic research facility. Hit all of my goals and then some. Due to the nature of the contract it was a short term contract job. The long term planning at this company lacked quite a bit and the people in the middle management roles were unskilled.
Pros
Working with the clinic research company and the clinics
Cons
worst managers with no education and no skills
It was a very comfortable atmosphere
Operations Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
It was a good place to work. Everyone was very nice and respectful. It went through alot of transitions. Paper studies were hard to get and therefore the data entry portion was sent to PA to one of there other locations.
Very competitive, great atmosphere
Operations Support Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2018
I loved working at United BioSource, the employees were like family, it was fast paced, it was like working as a team. They had 2 lay off's in 2 years. I was in the 2nd round of lay off's.
reveiw
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2018
This is a good company. I was on a great protocol. I enjoy working here. I have learned a lot. Management was good. The workplace culture was very inviting.
Potential but doesn't deliver...
Manage (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
In the world of CROs there are lots of better options for seating employment. While there were good things at UBC, the bad things seem to be so engrained that there is no changing them.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Leadership is stuck in a rut they can't change from.
Many changes without stricture
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 19, 2018
Wonderful place to work but did not have good structure or management at that time whe ESI took over. ImIBC has now been sold so hopefully it will return to a positive and structured environment before it was sold to ESI
Pros
Great work environment when done correctly.
Cons
Unorganized, mis-Management
Senior CRA
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 7, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed working at UBC. I did not care for the on boarding process. General information over a 3 day on site training. Very repetitive and not helpful.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Extremely poor IT Dept
Ubc
Senior Clinical Trial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2017
Not enough training. Turn over rate is high
Management runs the business like robots and base on Numbers, not quality of work and they don;t listen to concerns
Cons
Turn Over Rate; Management and HR
Was great but...
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2017
This was once a small CRO, very family oriented. Everyone knew each other, had picnics and supported each other. Once they were bought by Express Scripts, the culture changed drastically. Now employees are just a number and you don't really know anyone anymore. The benefits did not get better by becoming a larger company either.
Pros
Secure building to work in
Cons
no work from home, below average benefits, located in an unsafe part of the city
Poor management resulted in high RN turnover for many years
Clinical RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2016
Poor Clinical Management led to high RN turnover for many years. Did not consistently practice good leadership and allowed RNs and staff to not follow rules or perform effectively.
Assistant to Senior Operations Manager
Assistant to Senior Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2015
Handled all operation issues domestic and international. Handled expense reports, payroll, pcards, and also assisted the HR Manager with any human resource issues.
Its ok as a starting your career point!
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 14, 2015
I was laid off from my position at this company. But the company does pay well, but you will work for every penny! The management could use more direction and organization but overall use as a stepping stone..
Dull and repetitive
Clinical Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2015
The environment is boring and repetitive. The managers instill a "big brother" mentality where you feel like they are waiting for you to do something wrong instead of encouraging you to grow in the industry.
Pros
Free PB&Js provided
Cons
Every other aspect of the company.
Stable
Interim Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2015
The company has tremendous growth potential being involved in the health care industry. The overall structure is easy to follow and the employees were very courteous.
Not the best job I ever had
Clinical Site Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoyed working there but I didn't feel as though i was full trained to do the tasks assigned to me. The training provided was not sufficient and there was a bit of confusion.
Good company
Clinical Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2012
Enjoyed my time there. The office did have a weird vibe because everyone knew each other or were family members.