United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Worst management
Field Liaison (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2019
Favoritism and cliches with no advancement opportunities. Environment is depressing, very deceptive, and extremely low employee moral. Management attitude is do as I say not as I do.
ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2018
It's never a normal day around the office. They tend to be very stressful. This is not cool at all to be stressed at work. you are suppose to be happy the whole time that you are rendering service to the people.
Casual and enjoyable work environment!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2018
I was thoroughly pleased during my time with UBC. Their salary and benefit structure was very impressive. I really enjoyed being a vital part of my team for almost 6 years.
Pros
Excellent benefits and PTO
Cons
Micro-managed
If zero were possible...
HR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2018
The overall rating of one (1) is a bit too high. One would expect a company in the business of proving hourly services to their clients would have a better sense of how to take care of it's people. In order to have any chance of success, you need to be in the President's inner circle. The challenge is that the leadership team have all been in place for the last decade and retirement is still a distant thought for many of them. This poses two problems, leadership experience is limited some cases or non-existent in most cases. The management philosophy is from the best of what 1995 had to offer.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
President and all the President's men (and women)
I well never work in a call setting atmosphere again after working for UBC
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2018
Management did not care about anyone but themselves. Upper management walked around all fake to the nurses. No reconigat ion during nurses week. Would not listen to the nurses about problems or concerns with the program
Pros
Met a lot of great friends
Cons
Not worth going there
Wonderful place to work!
Supervisor Program Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2018
As a supervisor the job was quick paced. We had the most amazing management team and the employees were hands down the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
flexible schedule - great work/life balance
Ability to enhance skill set, but lacked positive culture.
Supervisor, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2018
United BioSource Corporation provides an excellent environment to improve skills required to be successful in the pharmaceutical support services industry. While the ability to learn new skills is available, the company struggles with the inability to implement a positive atmosphere for the employees. The lack of fostering a positive work environment causes the focus of the business to struggle occasionally. United BioSource Corporation has a business model that may prevent adequate care being provided to the patient while redirecting efforts to meet contractual obligations with a client. If you are seeking to enhance your abilities within the healthcare industry, United BioSource Corporation can provide that opportunity. Advancing your career may require an employee to eventually part ways with UBC, but you will be able to take valuable skills and knowledge with you.
Pros
Exposure to key areas in healthcare; Ability to fine tune required skills
Cons
Lack of positive atmosphere; Business model can prohibit adequate service for patients
Great work/life balance
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2017
As a work at home employee, the work/life balance is great. Teammates are friendly. Management truly cares for employees. The hardest part of the job is not being able to communicate face to face with employees we work with on a daily basis.
Fair salary, flexibility
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
UBC is a pleasant place to work, but the jobs are based on contracts. The last few years they have lost contracts that have resulted in a reduction in force.
Lots of layoffs!!
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR III/ACCESS LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2017
Overall UBC is a great place to work with great pay & benefits. However work is based on contracts. Clients often cancel and leave employees jobless!!
Pros
Great Pay, Relaxed Environment
Cons
Low advancement opportunities and frequent layoffs
Relaxed atmosphere and a lot of work
Supervisor, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2017
UBS I client based operation. Keeping the client up-to-date on the daily activities of the HUB are required. Keeping the team on track to maintain SLA's and goals is daily activity. Overall a great place to work.
Productive and positive place to work
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
UBC strives to provide excellent quality services that exceeds the expectations of their clients and patients. UBC believe in treating patients and clients with respect,honesty, integrity and business ethics in all areas of the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great work hours, opportunity for advancement
Flexible, work from home opportunities
Field Liaison (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
UBC is a good company to work for, however the program I am currently working on has lost their contract. This is not uncommon at UBC. Because of this, I am looking to work for another company.
Patient Services Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 1, 2017
I learned a lot more about reimbursement and healthcare plans. Worked in a diverse environment with others who were team players and others act as a mentor to me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contracts
Do not apply....RUN in whatever direction is opposite of 1670 Century Center Blvd.
SR. ELIGIBILITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
employees that do not care about their fellow co-worker let alone their patients, do not waste your time...turn over and program closure rate is very HIGH
Pros
a check
Cons
to many to list
Very productive and fast paced work environment
Director, Operations - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
In this role I was responsible for a 300 seat call center supporting specialty pharmacy drugs. We received and processed orders for these drugs throughout the day. Our objectives were basically to meet all the objectives for a call center while still processing drug orders for the companies we supported. At times those objectives were competing.
I really enjoyed the people interaction and the behind the scences work of supporting a pharmaceutical companies.I led the launch of new drug to the market which was exciting and fun.
Pros
People and customers
Cons
Long hours, poor work life balance
Company
SUPERVISOR, PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
My initial hiring manager was great but unfortunately they left the company and the job satisfaction decreased after that. Company has changed hands many times. I think there is a lack of appreciation
Disorganized Chaos
Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2016
Overall company culture very poor. Poor Senior Leadership, no engagement or accountability and lack of mentoring of employees at all levels. No leadership training or understanding of company processes. Mixed priorities.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture, overall management, and accountability
Great support from upper management for advancement
Patient Services Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2016
As a Patient Services Coordinator I work closely with Field Access Specialists to resolve any and all issues preventing patients from receiving their medication. I greatly enjoy building relationships with the reps in my territory. My favorite thing to do is to resolve issues and get the drugs in the patients' hands. I have great support from my management team with my long term goals and they continually give me projects that are building my experience in the areas I need to move upward.
Pros
Employee gifts for holidays & customer service week
Cons
rotating on the late shift quarterly
Worst company ever
Sr. Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
The leadership here is awful and the pay isn't up to par with the work ethnic demand. My co-workers were amazing, but I have never worked for a company as mismanaged as this one.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Biosource Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.