United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews

If zero were possible...
HR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2018
The overall rating of one (1) is a bit too high. One would expect a company in the business of proving hourly services to their clients would have a better sense of how to take care of it's people. In order to have any chance of success, you need to be in the President's inner circle. The challenge is that the leadership team have all been in place for the last decade and retirement is still a distant thought for many of them. This poses two problems, leadership experience is limited some cases or non-existent in most cases. The management philosophy is from the best of what 1995 had to offer.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
President and all the President's men (and women)
Quiet and Productive work place
Clinical Programmer (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 30, 2018
Relatively flexible hours, as long as you get your 8 hours and are present for meetings. Ability to work from home. Might be asked to work over hours if deadline is approaching and behind schedule.
Pros
Work from home, Holiday party, Summer gathering
Fast paced corporate environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJuly 13, 2018
A fast paced environment. must be willing to adapt to constant change in a day. Having a balanced work/life is rather difficult.Great supportive co-workers willing to show and teach.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
communication
Fun and friendly
Coordinating Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 1, 2018
I felt appreciated and respected at this job. I was always complimented about my job performance. The job was enjoyable, fast paced, but not stressful.
Pros
Time off was earned base on hours worked, and could be used at any time.
Cons
Low wages
Express Scripts
Patient Service Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
Learned new things everyday. Met many different people. It was like a home away from home. Very productive and interesting and a decent atmosphere. The worst part was that the job ended after a year.
Nice place to work
United BioSource Corporation (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2018
Fun workplace good benefits flexible work hours very productive nice place to work good training I enjoy working with people and helping them solve their problems and concerns
Pros
Gifts of appreciation
Cons
short breaks
A great company
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 21, 2018
I have no complaints about UBC. The company has many good things going for them. I worked as a contract employee. My time there was great. I had to leave prior to my contract ending.
I well never work in a call setting atmosphere again after working for UBC
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2018
Management did not care about anyone but themselves. Upper management walked around all fake to the nurses. No reconigat ion during nurses week. Would not listen to the nurses about problems or concerns with the program
Pros
Met a lot of great friends
Cons
Not worth going there
Great job
Data entry specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2018
Hours were great, management was fair and transparent and the benefits was awesome. It was a very diverse environment all people of different cultures and races. Most enjoyable part of the job was how flexible the shift was and how relaxed of a work place environment was.
Pros
benefits and schedule
Cons
Ubc seperated frorm express scripts and alot of perks where lost
Solid Company
Amgen Field Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMay 2, 2018
Great company, great management team
Work life balance good
Job Security questionable bought by investment firm
job culture positive, a supportive director who is honest, and expects excellence
Pros
Benefit Great
Cons
Lack of promotional opportunities
Fast paced
Insurance Reimbursement/Sr. Eligibility Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 29, 2018
There was no room to grow within the company, and the the salary was not competitive. Management could use a few updates, and should recognize hard working employees better.
Pros
Fullfilling work
Cons
Glass ceiling
Nurse educator
Senior Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2018
No company car or car allowance, only mileage paid. Had to do a timecard even though we were full time employees. Sales reps did not want to work with us.
It was a very comfortable atmosphere
Operations Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2018
It was a good place to work. Everyone was very nice and respectful. It went through alot of transitions. Paper studies were hard to get and therefore the data entry portion was sent to PA to one of there other locations.
Very competitive, great atmosphere
Operations Support Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2018
I loved working at United BioSource, the employees were like family, it was fast paced, it was like working as a team. They had 2 lay off's in 2 years. I was in the 2nd round of lay off's.
Change averse
SENIOR MANAGER, PROGRAM AND PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 22, 2018
If you want to work to introduce change and get relegated or RIF'd because of it, this is your place. If you want to run a company in Spreadsheets, this is your place.
Busy call center atmosphere!
Patient Service Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2018
United Bio Source is a great place to work if you like dealing with the public. A typical day is a call center atmosphere. I have learned the importance of excellent customer service when dealing with people and their medications. Management team does their best to create a culture of excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is having only a 30 minute lunch hour. I believe working in that type of environment, employees should at least have enough time to relieve some of the stressful situations and eat lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to manage your own time. You can schedule to take off ahead of time with no questions asked if you have a PTO balance.
Pros
Independent work station
Cons
Short lunches.
reveiw
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2018
This is a good company. I was on a great protocol. I enjoy working here. I have learned a lot. Management was good. The workplace culture was very inviting.
Potential but doesn't deliver...
Manage (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
In the world of CROs there are lots of better options for seating employment. While there were good things at UBC, the bad things seem to be so engrained that there is no changing them.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Leadership is stuck in a rut they can't change from.
Wonderful place to work!
Supervisor Program Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2018
As a supervisor the job was quick paced. We had the most amazing management team and the employees were hands down the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
flexible schedule - great work/life balance
Casual and productive workplace
Patient Services Coordinator III/Access Liaison (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2018
Daily interaction and problem solving with internal and external customers; hands on management team; casual workplace culture; most gratifying to know that my role added value to the organization.
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
client based organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Biosource Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.