United Biosource Corporation Employee Reviews

Little to no room for advancement
Nurse clinician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 7, 2017
This company offers little support from management and very little room for advancement. The experience in telephonic healthcare and documentation is valuable, but once mastered it becomes routine and offers no challenge.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Was great but...
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2017
This was once a small CRO, very family oriented. Everyone knew each other, had picnics and supported each other. Once they were bought by Express Scripts, the culture changed drastically. Now employees are just a number and you don't really know anyone anymore. The benefits did not get better by becoming a larger company either.
Pros
Secure building to work in
Cons
no work from home, below average benefits, located in an unsafe part of the city
poor place to ork
Field Reimbursement Specialist - West Region (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
They do not support there employees! big management turn over. Poor communication. They allow the clients to run the business. Not a positive place. Your opinion does not matter.
Very productive and fast paced work environment
Director, Operations - Client Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
In this role I was responsible for a 300 seat call center supporting specialty pharmacy drugs. We received and processed orders for these drugs throughout the day. Our objectives were basically to meet all the objectives for a call center while still processing drug orders for the companies we supported. At times those objectives were competing.
I really enjoyed the people interaction and the behind the scences work of supporting a pharmaceutical companies.I led the launch of new drug to the market which was exciting and fun.
Pros
People and customers
Cons
Long hours, poor work life balance
Strong Company to work for
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
Great workplace culture. Excellent pay and benefits. Room for advancement. Strong support staff. Competent and reliable leadership. Allowed for a lot of autonomy
Good company, difficult for job advancement unless willing to move
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2017
My office is small with little room for job growth, better if would be willing to move to other areas such as St Louis. Many IT challenges with so many buyouts, Meddco, Proherant, ESI, etc....Can be a good place to work.
Pros
Enjoy the people that I work with
Cons
Job growth in my area
United BioSource
Registered Nurse- Clinical Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 30, 2017
United BioSource
Clinical Health Specialist
Telephonic RN
Handled calls for a busy call center, whose client was a drug manufacturer
Anticipated patient needs and relayed latest currect medical studies results
Anticipated adverse events and recorded information for the Food and Drug Administration
The need for consistency
Program Supervisor - Client Services (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNMarch 27, 2017
UBC pays fairly well for the job you do and the work can be very rewarding. However, they have a huge issue with consistency in how they rate, promote and manage people. There is clearly no set standard except who you know and who knows you when looking at someone for promotion. I have seen good workers get passed over and no so good workers get promoted. Working hard and doing what is right should always be the standard. The training provided to new hires or promoted employees is little to none but you are certainly evaluated on your performance in the end. I wish there was more one could do to change this within the company but it is a corporate environment.
Pros
Good Pay, Rewarding work
Cons
Inconsistent work enviroment, Family work balance
Great company culture
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2017
Really enjoyed the fast paced work environment. The co-workers and manager were helpful. Beautiful office and close to main attraction in the city. Good product.
Work from Home Position
Reimbursement Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 25, 2017
The health insurance plans offered are not good--they all have high deductibles and high premiums. Raises do happen annually, but they are more like cost of living increases than merit raises.

The work itself is repetitive but okay. It is a lot of phone work. Even when you have time scheduled off the phones, there are outbound calls to make.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Benefits, micromanagement
Company
SUPERVISOR, PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
My initial hiring manager was great but unfortunately they left the company and the job satisfaction decreased after that. Company has changed hands many times. I think there is a lack of appreciation
Clinical Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2017
The most enjoyable part was working with nurses and pharm company in launching a new patient support program and improve health of customers.
Poor management resulted in high RN turnover for many years
Clinical RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2016
Poor Clinical Management led to high RN turnover for many years. Did not consistently practice good leadership and allowed RNs and staff to not follow rules or perform effectively.
Disorganized Chaos
Operations (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2016
Overall company culture very poor. Poor Senior Leadership, no engagement or accountability and lack of mentoring of employees at all levels. No leadership training or understanding of company processes. Mixed priorities.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture, overall management, and accountability
Great people to work with
Patient Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 5, 2016
Busy and much fun.

Learned a lot about studies

Not friendly only to some, and do not speak to everyone.

Co-workers were great

It was fun then, never a hard day

Dealing the potential patients.
Pros
Yes a few times
Cons
Great support from upper management for advancement
Patient Services Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2016
As a Patient Services Coordinator I work closely with Field Access Specialists to resolve any and all issues preventing patients from receiving their medication. I greatly enjoy building relationships with the reps in my territory. My favorite thing to do is to resolve issues and get the drugs in the patients' hands. I have great support from my management team with my long term goals and they continually give me projects that are building my experience in the areas I need to move upward.
Pros
Employee gifts for holidays & customer service week
Cons
rotating on the late shift quarterly
Telecom Engineer
IT Engineer - Telecom (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my current job is working with my business partners on implementing a call flow design. Providing guidance and insight to the business and their client to come to a solution that flows properly and is customer friendly.
Pros
Partnering with the business to implement a call flow design.
Cons
Finding a solution to something the business already agreed to.
Treat employees with great respect and promote teamwork
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 21, 2016
Loved all of my co-workers and supervisor. When contracted ended unexpectedly, they issued an amazing severance package. I would work for them again anytime!
Pros
Teamwork
Worst company ever
Sr. Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2016
The leadership here is awful and the pay isn't up to par with the work ethnic demand. My co-workers were amazing, but I have never worked for a company as mismanaged as this one.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Horrible management
Lack of Structure
Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2016
There is a true lack of structure. The owners are always there but are unaware of what goes on with their employees. With that being a factor, this allowed many employees to feel they could do whatever they wanted and led many to believe they could supervise/manage other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Biosource Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.