United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Employee Reviews

Can be stressful at times, lack of structure
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 10, 2019
A typical day at United Cerebral Palsy of NYC can be very unpredictable due to assistant call outs, refusing to complete various task. Supervisors showed lack of support to the managers, but I enjoyed working with the individuals we served.
Pros
Medical Insurance and Paid Time Off
Cons
Short Breaks
Sinking ship
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2019
With this career you have to have empathy, patience and understanding for individuals with disabilities. I learned more about myself dedicating years of service here.
Pros
Earned a day off every two months.
Cons
Wore too many hats and given the least pay.
transporting consumers to there classroom
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 5, 2018
one day i was transporting a consumer to there class and she began telling me i was a great worker and she was proud of me because i always take choose her
Pros
free lunch
nice and friendly
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT, ADAPT COMMUNITY NETWORK (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 10, 2018
its a nice place to work there. Has a lot of potential. Co-workers are great. Could be stressful at times. most enjoyable is being able to help the children.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No pay raise
Relaxed workplace.
Resident Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Getting to know the individuals you work with is an excellent opportunity in itself. The company could be better, but there are some great parts of the company such as, tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Short staffed.
Excellent place to work
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 15, 2018
I had a blast working at UCP, I learned a lot, and was often encouraged to do more. I enjoyed working with my staff as well as with my Individuals that I served.
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful
Residence Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
The best part about this job are the individuals. Lack of communication among staff, not well organized. They need to clean up the management department and things will be much better.
Social Worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
A great first job, working in a school based setting for multiply handicapped adolescents and adults.Provided education and support to families.Multidisciplinary team worked well together
Pros
first job post masters degree
Cons
very little, staff were great
A enthusiastic environment of working class people who care for societiie
Habilitation Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
This company has a more relaxed hard working environment. Everyone knows each other and the neighbors know we exist, and the staff are always encouraging and uplifted. Management acknowledge its staff
Rewarding
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at work is challenging and rewarding. I learned that everyone has their own pace and their own ways.Management is alright. workplace culture can be tough at times. The hardest part of the job is not be able to do all we wanna do.The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to see a child accomplish a goal.
Working at UCP
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 5, 2017
It is a pleasure to work with Adapt Community Network formerly known as UCP of NYC. Some days maybe a little chaotic and fast paced but overall it has thoroughly prepared me for a higher level of communication and collaboration in the work industry.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
office location
would not recommend
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 8, 2017
I was extremely disappointed in this job. I regretted accepting the job within the first two weeks working there. There is a high stress level, a lot of blame, not a lot of supervision, chronically short staffed and little room for advancement.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
stress level
Great place
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2017
Great place for you to meet new people and interact with individuals who have disabilities. Being able to see what their day to day is, is a great way for you to break into the field of human services and get a better understanding of how you treat everyone just the same.
Pros
Great job security
Cons
Not much time to get a lunch break.
It was great working with UCP
Residental Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for cerebral palsy, my day would start with me coming in prepping and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for my consumers, and/or waking them up helping them to the bathroom to bathe or brush teeth and/or helping them use the restroom. The mangers were great they worked very well with my schedule.
The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know my consumers..
Its Fun and fulfilling to work with disabled individuals in this company however the staff is the worst
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2017
Subordinate staff do not like to work, staff do not assist when short of staff. Subordinate staff are unprofessional rude , directors do not help their staff at all and will fire you in a second. Staff are not allowed to take lunch after 2pm.
outstanding services to community
Custodial Maintenence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10469April 17, 2017
Work with different disciplines to provide service for those with psychological disorders. Very rewarding job. Staff work hard to address the problem of the clients, engaging with family members to best help their love ones.
Good agency with sufficient benefits and training
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
The agency provides decent benefits and compensation and the culture is professional and team oriented. Nice place to work for. The agency also has a good organizational component.
Pros
Good compensation
Consumer's were the best
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
This position was all about the residents you have to take care of, a typical day is just providing the best care for the resident's who cannot care for themselves.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Salary
Great place to work in
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here with individuals with special needs. Very loving and caring place. We took pride in patient care and providing the best care for all.
Not a very pleasant work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
There are many unprofessional and badly behaved people in management. They would benefit from management training. It is not a nice place to work.
Cons
culture