United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Employee Reviews

Relaxed workplace.
Resident Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Getting to know the individuals you work with is an excellent opportunity in itself. The company could be better, but there are some great parts of the company such as, tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Short staffed.
Excellent place to work
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 15, 2018
I had a blast working at UCP, I learned a lot, and was often encouraged to do more. I enjoyed working with my staff as well as with my Individuals that I served.
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
Poor pay
Stressful
Residence Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
The best part about this job are the individuals. Lack of communication among staff, not well organized. They need to clean up the management department and things will be much better.
Social Worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
A great first job, working in a school based setting for multiply handicapped adolescents and adults.Provided education and support to families.Multidisciplinary team worked well together
Pros
first job post masters degree
Cons
very little, staff were great
A enthusiastic environment of working class people who care for societiie
Habilitation Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
This company has a more relaxed hard working environment. Everyone knows each other and the neighbors know we exist, and the staff are always encouraging and uplifted. Management acknowledge its staff
Rewarding
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at work is challenging and rewarding. I learned that everyone has their own pace and their own ways.Management is alright. workplace culture can be tough at times. The hardest part of the job is not be able to do all we wanna do.The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to see a child accomplish a goal.
Working at UCP
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 5, 2017
It is a pleasure to work with Adapt Community Network formerly known as UCP of NYC. Some days maybe a little chaotic and fast paced but overall it has thoroughly prepared me for a higher level of communication and collaboration in the work industry.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
office location
would not recommend
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 8, 2017
I was extremely disappointed in this job. I regretted accepting the job within the first two weeks working there. There is a high stress level, a lot of blame, not a lot of supervision, chronically short staffed and little room for advancement.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
stress level
Great place
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2017
Great place for you to meet new people and interact with individuals who have disabilities. Being able to see what their day to day is, is a great way for you to break into the field of human services and get a better understanding of how you treat everyone just the same.
Pros
Great job security
Cons
Not much time to get a lunch break.
It was great working with UCP
Residental Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for cerebral palsy, my day would start with me coming in prepping and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for my consumers, and/or waking them up helping them to the bathroom to bathe or brush teeth and/or helping them use the restroom. The mangers were great they worked very well with my schedule.
The most enjoyable part of working there was getting to know my consumers..

Want to know more about United Cerebral Palsy of New York City?

Ask a question
Its Fun and fulfilling to work with disabled individuals in this company however the staff is the worst
Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 27, 2017
Subordinate staff do not like to work, staff do not assist when short of staff. Subordinate staff are unprofessional rude , directors do not help their staff at all and will fire you in a second. Staff are not allowed to take lunch after 2pm.
outstanding services to community
Custodial Maintenence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10469April 17, 2017
Work with different disciplines to provide service for those with psychological disorders. Very rewarding job. Staff work hard to address the problem of the clients, engaging with family members to best help their love ones.
Good agency with sufficient benefits and training
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
The agency provides decent benefits and compensation and the culture is professional and team oriented. Nice place to work for. The agency also has a good organizational component.
Pros
Good compensation
Consumer's were the best
Residential Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
This position was all about the residents you have to take care of, a typical day is just providing the best care for the resident's who cannot care for themselves.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Salary
Great place to work in
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here with individuals with special needs. Very loving and caring place. We took pride in patient care and providing the best care for all.
Not a very pleasant work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
There are many unprofessional and badly behaved people in management. They would benefit from management training. It is not a nice place to work.
Cons
culture
great place to work , always busy
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work, has great medical benefits and 401 K. Needs to improve employee skill growth and moral.
great work environment
not much room to grow
consumers are the best
Pros
always busy, great consumers
Cons
little room to grow
Worst place to work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
This company doesn't care about its employees all they care about money and themselves. The people at the top make all the money while those at the bottom get minimum wages. They talk about equal opportunity that's not true for certain class of people.
Pros
The clients whom i work with
Cons
Too much favoritism
good
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2016
Work was good yet at times got hectic yet that's normal working with the population with developmental disability. I did learn a lot especially patience.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work, starts with busing at 8:00 am. Taking the students from the bus and assisting them into the classroom. After busing prepare for breakfast and assist the students who need help eating, The classroom has a schedule but extra time for the students who need a extra few minutes. I enjoy my team I worked with, as we need to function as a group to give the best care for the our students. The best enjoyable part of my job, I get to spend the day with bunch amazing kids that make everything feels alright.