United Concordia Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
United Concordia Dental
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2018
Great place to work and made employees feel valued and worth while. Pay was not so great but benefits were alright. Very little availability to advance.
Great team members willing to collaborate and open share ideas
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 14, 2018
Great learning opportunity with an established company. Wonderful team with a collaborative atmosphere. This has been a wonderful work experience for many years allowing for both personal and professional growth and development. I look forward to carrying these experiences into new challenges and opportunities where I can contribute to the growth and success of a new team/company.
Not enough time for breaks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 20, 2018
Was fast paced with not much time for breaks to be able to get up involves sitting all day. They spend a good amount of time training . But should think of extending time for bathroom breaks and so forth
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of break time
typical day
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 21, 2018
bad management drives good employees away. I have seen 5 different people leave because of a new supervisor. there is no flexible in schedules and no room for advancement
I liked it.
Associate Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 1, 2018
It is a good learning experience. You get to learn skills to help you become skilled. I would prefer if they had more room for growth and development.
No review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAApril 17, 2018
I didn't enjoy working there for the time I was there... They were not very employee friendly. I just went to work and did my job everyday as requested
Good Benefits, not enough training and weird hours.
Associate Dental Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 17, 2018
The hours you start working are NOT conducive to family life. 11am-8pm. They also require you to work OT during the holiday season (when your kids are off school). The management picks favorites and you are thrown into everything without enough training and then your work is under constant scrutiny. However, the benefits for employees and their families are great and some of the employees there are really good people.
Pros
Exceptional Benefits and Coworkers.
Cons
Short breaks, strange hours and mandatory overtime during the holidays.
Associated with Highmark
Commercial Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 6, 2018
It was a good place to work. I learned a lot about the dental field and I appreciated the management staff that I worked with while being employed for over 10 years.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
The Department Closed
Relaxed and Collaborative workplace
Intern/Contingent Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2018
All members of the staff work together to ensure customer/client satisfaction. A typical day will include conversations with existing clients, approaching new clients, and reviewing benefits of these clients.
hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAMarch 6, 2018
this job was amazing always worked with everyone and anyone. hardest part is telling a provider something wasnt received any info that we needed so they can have something covered, When they want management it hurts but its our job to give what we see and inform them
Pros
get 2 breaks and a lunch. if anything is to happen they are very understanding
Cons
no break inbetween calls so if someone hangs up on you, you get the new call
Productive and fun
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed working as a provider relations representative. It was a fast paced environment with the flexibility of working in the office or from home. I thought I'd retire there until my mother took ill in FL and I was forced to resign and relocate from MD.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible work conditions
Cons
Not a good place to work
No answer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 5, 2018
I wish I would have read these reviews before I accepted a position at United Concordia. Although the benefits are really good, the company culture is not. Management is driven, and expectations are unrealistic. The most positive part of working at United Concordia are my coworkers. They are great.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Working from home and having interaction with the office
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 17, 2018
The job was a constant answering of calls from the time you got to work until you went on break, lunch or left for the day. The hardest part of the job was looking for assistance if you had a question about a phone call. The best part of the job was helping the caller whether it be a dental office or a customer and being able to assist them and closing the call with the customer having a positive attitude about the way the call was handled. The hardest part of the job was trying to get an answer from inside the workplace to assist with a customer to make sure you were answering the question correctly if you could not handle it on your own. I learned that you must do as much research on your own to handle a question before going to any of the higher ups to help you as that usually wasn't an option.
Pros
Pay benefits and i was able to work from home
Cons
Not able to actually feel comfortable to ask for inside help
5 stars - I
Manager of Membership and Billing (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 9, 2018
I had a great career at United Concordia. I worked for several Directors and I always felt that my expert6ise was appreciated. I had a great staff of professional and hourly employees and valued their input which made us a successful department.
Pros
mid sized company, People were close by and we knew most employees
Interesting Experience
OCR (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 27, 2018
I do like working at UC, but just the jobs are so taxing. The benefits are great and so is the pay along with that. Just the fact of sitting at a computer all day and not really talking to anyone is why it is so taxing. I am more of a social butterfly which is why this job is boring to me. If they had to open up and let us work together to get some socializing in. THEN I consider this being a 10/10 job.
Awesome Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
The staff was amazing. Everyone worked very well together. It was a fast paced environment but very friendly . I would recommend working here to anyone that was thinking of applying.
Great Start to an Actuarial Career
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 7, 2018
The work and tasks they had me do were a great way to learn about the actuarial career. It was a great overall experience. I would recommend this internship to anyone interested in becoming an actuary.
Pros
Relaxed work enviornment
Cons
Strict 40 hour workweek. No overtime allowed
productive and fun workplace
call center rep (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 1, 2017
typical work day at united concordia is very fast paste. you have to have great communication skills due to you dealing with inbound phone calls with customers requesting information about their dental plan.
Customer Service Rep/Q;uality Control Rep
Customer Service Rep/Quality Control Rep (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 20, 2017
I learned about Dental Insurance, Procedures, and Policies. The hardest part was telling a member a procedure was not covered. I loved helping members and Dental Offices. Most days I answered between 85 to 120 calls in an 8 hour period along with adjusting claims.
Production job
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 17, 2017
Check production of my employees, fill out production sheets of each person. Answer question, help with guidelines ,attend meetings . Sit with my employees to see how to help them improve on production, help them understand guidelines and production stats
Pros
Pay and liked fast pa e