United Consumer Financial Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst place i have ever worked for.
Instant Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 20, 2018
This was the worst company I have ever worked for. They pay is very low and after 2 years, I only received a 50 cent raise. The place is full of gossip and rumors. The management makes you feel bad when you need to call off or have an emergency, you are unable to make up hours. Management displays favoritism. No room for advancement. Unable to bring issues to managers. Some departments get longer breaks than others. Talked down to by management. Managers/supervisors/HR was unapproachable, very negative energy. Constant payroll issues. Managers in Instant Credit would sit in the back cubicle and talk for an hour at a time multiples a day about things that were unrelated to work, while the rest of the staff worked. I do not recommend working for this company. Everyone I worked with has left due to the issues stated above.
Pros
fun place if you have good people skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 7, 2018
I worked in the collections department at UCFS. The job isn't really as bad as it sounds as long as you know how to talk to people. I will say this though, the work atmosphere wasn't to bad. The people in the department were like a family. Not really much room for advancement other than lateral moves though.
Met a lot of great people
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 6, 2018
This place will only promote you if your 35 or under, when I was there they stuck most of the older people in the back, favoritism is a real problem.
They would hire big shots and pay them well but would give Account Reps nickel raises, Extremely top heavy salary wise, then you’d wonder what they did because we didn’t get any new accounts.
Pros
The people
Cons
Salary, Management, H.R., badly outdated cubicles
Not something you would want to make a career out of
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 1, 2018
But would of stayed longer if they had better management, and higher rate of pay. Management was unprofessional, and under qualified, and the pay was not competitive.
Totally Backwards
Verification and Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHApril 22, 2018
Worked in a department that more than half of employees quit and management never hired anyone. Management expected other employees to do the job that they were not hired to do. HR messed up pay almost monthly. You had to fight to prove that you were being paid incorrectly. Employees in my department had a shorter break time than other employees at the same level.
Pros
Company lunches sometime
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2017
Love working here. The people are great and the company is moving forward with technology and better programs and systems. We are expanding into new business areas and people are learning a lot. There is a lot of focus on the employees and there are charitable and engagement events monthly. The environment is pretty flexible and leadership has an open door. Great commissions for achieving goals.
Pros
People, comp, hours, employee functions
Cons
Would like dental and vision
They better like you
Instant Credit Rep (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 1, 2017
Lots of favoritism. If not liked, no room for advancement. Director talks down to you. Promotes individuals that need training themselves, only beacuse wants position filled, not because of qualifications or experience because of this, there is a constant change of leads, trainers and supervisors. Only acknowledges you when you are needed for extra hours. Refers to other employees as dumb, including upper management. Raises are given only if you are liked. Only some employees are allowed to make up time, the non favorites must take points against them. Coworkers are good. Most help each other.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, upper management, health care
Great enviorment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 29, 2017
I have been with the company for 4 years. There is room for advancement as long as you put in the effort. The management and HR staff are approachable. The company has made several changes in the last year that benefit the company and the staff. Great environment and great people!
Pros
Room for advancement and friendly enviorment
Cons
Need updated decor
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2017
Pros
People, comp, hours, employee functions
Cons
Would like dental and vision
Fast paced easy going atmosphere
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 19, 2017
The company is going through changes to be able to grow in the new economy.
The management is easy to communicate with.
It is a fast paced call center for collections as well as for accepting loans.
Fast pasted atmosphere
Pros
Health care vaccation time
Cons
Poor comminuation with HR
enjoyable work place
Part-time Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Accounting was a nice enjoyable department to work in. We all were willing to help cross train on each others job. Also had 5 paid sick days and up the 4 weeks vacation according to how many years you had been employed.
Pros
Picnic in the summer and also a Christmas lunch
Cons
Adding a heavier work load to employees
Review
SR Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
I started in the 1st party collections department, working there for 6 months. fro over 3 years I was in the credit analysis department, started off and became a certified analyst. Was responsible for approving loans, client relations, and later trained new credit analysts
contests with lunches, team building
Administrative / Financial/ Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 17, 2017
Room for advancement, recognized skills, flexibility, paid holidays. I enjoyed my time while working with this company. Unfortunately there was downsizing.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
Great company to work for, decent hourly pay, good commission
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 13, 2017
Working as Account Service Rep-Collector for over three years. Many new changes, new management created a better atmosphere,motivation, pay, contests and commission structure. Many improvements over the past year. Great place to work,
Pros
matching 401K, free lunches, flexible schedule, good incentive pay, extra monthly bonus and contests.
Cons
no vacation for six months after hire date, no dental
under appreciated
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 29, 2017
I was grossly underpaid and treated badly by management and HR. I went several years without having a review and then was finally reviewed by a new manager that never bothered to find out exactly what I did for the company.
Pros
You can be a lazy as you want but as long as you show up you will always have a job.
Cons
Management, salary, training, review process
Great place to work and keeps getting better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 3, 2017
I have been here for about a year and every month it seems like the company keeps improving something, our environment, things to make it better for employees. The new management team brings great ideas and energy and the technology keeps improving also. I love working here and the people I work with - challenging and fun.
Pros
People, great work, morale, events
Cons
Would like more benefits
Nice call center environment
Inbound Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Working at United Consumer Financial Services was a great learning experience. Moving from level to level and learning about the different departments in the company was enlightening.
Free holiday parties and lunches
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHDecember 12, 2016
The people I worked with were good hard working people. I liked that the company provided free holiday lunches and special occasion things, but they never wanted to pay people what they were worth.
Pros
Free holiday parties
Cons
low salary pay
Fun place to work
Instant credit representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2016
Great hours and pay. Family oriented atmosphere, a little dated in there systems but overall a great place of employment.
Pros
hours and employees
Cons
communication
Good stable company to work for
Instant credit (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 2, 2015
Great stable family oriented company to work for. Flexible work hours and can work anywhere form 8 am to 2 am. Hourly rate could be better but not bad for the work that is assigned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Consumer Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

United Consumer Financial Services Reviews by Location