UNITED COOPERATIVE Employee Reviews

Want a good career? Don’t work here!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WI/HartfordJuly 2, 2019
If you want to turn into a terrible person, work for United Cooperative. If you want your career to go nowhere fast, work for United Cooperative. If you want to work for a dictator stuck in the 1980’s employment era, work for a United Cooperative. If you want no flexibility and no regard for a personal life of any kind, work for United Cooperative. If you want to work for a place that violates HIPPA laws and threatens your job over doctor appointments and sick time, work for a United Cooperative.
Great place to work!
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJune 21, 2019
United Cooperative is a great place to work. I have very friendly co-workers, my supervisor is easy to talk to and fun to work with, and I feel very welcomed. I am excited to continue to learn and grow within this company. There are many people working here who have been here for 15, 20, or even 30 + years! If you like agriculture and want to work in a fast-paced environment, have room for growth in your career, maybe learn a new trade, and feel rewarded for the work you put in, I would recommend applying with United Cooperative. There are annual reviews and great benefits! I am very happy I made the decision to work here.
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, and discounts!
Too Corporate
Applicator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Shawano, WIMay 13, 2019
United is an overall decent place to work. The pay isnt bad and the benefits are very good. Management however is poor. All decisions are made by the corporate office that is too far away to actually know what's going on. They are also constantly short staffed and move employees around to different departments at the drop of a hat. Most of the year you can work a 40 hour work week but if you get into different departments you could work up to 80+.
Pros
Good Benefits, Overtime Available
Backstabbing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIFebruary 14, 2019
Poor training. Very stressful. Tell you to ask any questions, but when you do they make you feel stupid. They whisper about you within the office. Very unprofessional.
No respect, i tell ya.
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 19, 2019
No respect. Treated lesser than an animal. I had far more experience than what was required for the position. Every year i returned to work as a seasonal employee I was forced to work the worst, lowest, unwanted position(s) hauling dry fertilizer product. Even though after returning the second year, my only demand for returning to work there was that i didn't have to do the lower, menial hauling. They will lie to you. As a truck driver, i found it incredibly insulting. Management is manipulative
Pros
No driver facing cameras in trucks
Cons
Micro management
Good experience and hard work.
GRAIN OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  South Beaver Dam, WINovember 8, 2018
I would normally show up to work when I was done with school and I would go up to my boss and if he had any special jobs for me I would do those otherwise I would load and unload semi.
Don’t do it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 31, 2018
As previous management I would not recommend working for UC simply because everywhere else you can get paid better and treated better. You can tell that United cooperative does not care about every employee they have. You will not be fairly compensated for the work you do for this company.
Do not work here!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 16, 2018
Poorly run and paid worse.

Little bit of time I spent there was the worst job I’ve ever had.

McDonald’s, Walmart, Burger King literally any other place will treat you with more respect. Pay you more and not expect you to do everything.
Pros
Guess it is a paycheck.
Cons
Everything. Not many good things to say.
Poor upper managment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIFebruary 5, 2018
Higher stress environment. In the mill things are always broken and they dont want to pay to get it fixed, just put a bandage on it and hope for the best. No one is ever happy to be at work which makes for a very negative work day.
The people in the coorporate office don't really care about the employees that keep the business going. All they care about is money.
Along with many other negative things, I can say that most of the managers that are lower are very caring and understanding of employee needs.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor pay. High stress.
The fertilizer plant was a lot of fun and a friendly atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIJanuary 18, 2018
I had a great time working here hauling fertilizer. Starting pay was decent with lots of overtime opportunity in the spring planting season. Long hours but well compensated. Everyone was friendly
loved the job before united cooperative bought the other company out
Spray Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIJanuary 2, 2018
love to work agriculture but this company does not treat any employees nicely, fairly or anything of those sorts.poor pay, poorer management. i had great coworkers but management pushed everyone out
Pros
acre bonus for sprayd or fertilized acres/year
Cons
terrible company
Terrible upper management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wyocena, WIDecember 31, 2017
Great local patrons. Otherwise terrible place to work. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE. Upper management blame workers for issues outside their control and refuse to listen to new ideas to increase sales. Company policies do not follow federal and state regulations. Upper management threaten workers and force them to sign documents that violate Wisconsin laws. Company spends no money marketing and blames workers claiming low profits.
Pros
great local pateons
Cons
low pay, terrible upper management
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIDecember 6, 2017
Work was great and some of the coworkers made it pleasant to work there. Great health insurance. The manager does not know how to manage. She is a boss more so than a leader. If you want to actually last in this company, you have to basically get into one of their cliques, otherwise you are an outsider and will be let go. The manager thinks that she can treat you like trash, and expect you to still like her. She is very two-faced.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Clothing Allowance
Cons
Poor Management
Fun place to work. Enjoyed most of my co workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wonewoc, WIDecember 1, 2017
The job would have been better if the manager actually did his job. Instead he let another employee run the store and she would talk down on other employee's and the manager wouldnt say anything at all.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management
flexible scheduling, close to home
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wonewoc, WIJune 23, 2017
Great job for interacting with your community. You are working alone a majority of the time and that can make it hard to complete necessary tasks. There is a 10% discount when you purchase items from the store.
Poor leadership. Minimum wage and no benefits. Hours are only 30 hours to prevent having to offer benefits.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks, no raises, no reviews, poor leadership
Absolute trash company
Grain elevator operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJune 22, 2017
Micro management. Poor management leaders. The managers needs are met but as for being the low guy on the totem pole you are just a number who has no input or say. If you want to go to work hating your job and leave hating your job then this is the place for you. If you like being critiqued for every detail of work you do this is the place to work. Give %110 and still come up short. Overall the worst company I've ever dealt with. I feel bad for any future employers at this location.
Pros
$125 spending limit on united clothes twice a year
Cons
Terrible managers
If you like corn this is the job for you!
General Labor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 22, 2017
Everyday is pretty much the same. you load and unload trucks ful of grain all day. Sometimes you have to clean out tunnels but mostly trucks. You come home full of dust from all the corn and grains.
good hours
General mill worker (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIJune 29, 2016
good hours, and good staff. The location was convenient. I left this employer because it was seasonal only. I did enjoy this position.
Great Staff
Grain Elevator Operations Assistant during Harvest (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIMay 26, 2016
Loved loading the train cars using the Shuttle Wagon.

Teamwork was a must.

ZSometimes the local Farmers would cater lunch for everyone.
Company with a lot of growth
Credit Specialist/Lending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIOctober 3, 2015
By review of excel spreadsheet, I put together the accounts for ACH payments, I do all cell phone bills, pay them and get them to employees for review.
I have learned a great deal about using excel spreadsheets, learned accounts receivables.
Pros
good supervisor
Cons
45 hour work week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITED COOPERATIVE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6