United Dairy Farmers Employee Reviews

Always something to do
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2018
I worked at the UDF in Carthage, it has a sit-in dining area and a gas station. There was always a task that needed to be done, usually, the tasks were very small (for example, shift the items in the store towards the front). I didn't work there for too long, only two months, before I had to leave to go back to college out of state. There was always a story/drama going on at 9 pm, without fail.
Pros
Free drinks, great handling of food/product
Cons
Couldn't take time off
Typical convince store work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, OH 45373April 17, 2018
It wasn't a bad place to work other than occasional drunk customers getting out of hand. The pay could have been a bit more and the schedule got a bit to flexible sometimes.
Pros
The pay was ok for the time and the hours were flexible.
Cons
Some of the customers could get unruly.
Ok place to work
First assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, ft. Wright, and FlorenceApril 17, 2018
Ok for first job, but management is unorganized and not much help. Training is always rushed and you are not taught everything you need to know. There is a lot of favoritism with management.
Pros
I was pushed up management.
Cons
No breaks.
Great place for advancement opportunities
District Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2018
Being a supervisor for the company can be very rewarding. We offer continued education on training techniques and management techniques. The company is very centered on promoting from within. Many of my colleagues started as Store Clerks and have worked themselves up to this position. Requires a lot of hours. Difficult to manage a home life while in this position.
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Good employees well trained
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
Decent hours , Good pay every other week .. Did enjoy my time there and had some good hardworking employees very fast paced in the Summer and on special deal days
Udf
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2018
I learned quickly. My typical day involved cleaning, handling money and helping customers to the best of my ability. I worked there during college and quit due to family responsibilities.
Great place for young people to build their work ethic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHMarch 20, 2018
Great place to start in terms of beginning to build work ethics and how customer service works. Opportunities to move up in the company fairly quickly as well.
Pros
Fairly simple job
Cons
No breaks
Great First Job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 13, 2018
Helping customers, making coffee and dipping ice-cream. I learned great customer service skills. Management is great for the most part. Flexible scheduling.
Quick paced with a lot to do.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH 43081March 7, 2018
Running register as well as prepping the store for quality assurace. Stocking shelves and cleaning as well as providing the best customer service possible.
Pros
free drinks and ice cream samples
Cons
no breaks
If you get a good manager your good as gold.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, OHMarch 4, 2018
If you get a store with a good manager then you will have a great work experience. This is a company that you can go far in if you put in effort. Good luck.
Udf
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 3, 2018
Was only here maybe a month but I got a lot of extra hours because they were already having problems keeping good reliable employees. There was me and one other third shift employee that was always called in.
Fast-paced, and slow-paced.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2018
Being a Shift Leader at the United Dairy Farmers CO. can come with a challenge, and a various type of work day. The typical work day would consist of customers buying snacks, gasoline, and ice cream.
There were also some days where customers wouldn't be in the best mood, and they would lash out at employees. Days like such, are what I would call the hardest part of being employed there.
I've learned that this position comes with responsibilities, and I've also learned that this job can be over-whelming. There's nothing like being prepared for whatever comes your way!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No breaks
Somewhat productive place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 26, 2018
I was a cashier so I was responsible for checking quests out and handling money. I was also responsible for stocking and cleaning the store. I learned to work with difficult people and that not everyone has the same work ethic. The management was a little unorganized. The people that worked there were somewhat lazy. The hardest part of my job was working with unreasonable management. I liked that I worked nice hours.
Decent job for students.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 8, 2018
I was still in school while working for UDF. Within a few months, I went from being a part-time associate to being a Shift Leader. Shortly after that, I advanced to become an Assistant Manager, However, I left the company because the number of hours I was working negatively impacted my education.
If you have nothing else, sure why not
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHFebruary 6, 2018
At UDF it is easy as long as you are blessed to be in a good store with co-workers who work hard too. You can move up the ladder pretty fast into management. But upper level management have terrible attitudes, they run managers and store employees off all the time. They think its amusing to be mean and mistreat people. UDF hangs on to bad employees too long.
A day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2018
All day I give customers service by scanning items or providing gas. Also I stock the shelves when not helping customers. When the day is about to end i wash dishes. Once the store closes I then mop and sweep.
Pros
Get paid every week
Cons
There are no cons
Very customer oriented /fast paced /fun
Cashier/Manager/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I worked there for about seven years in that time I moved through the ranks and became a manager in about to years. I did step down . But I loved almost everything about this job. There was only one thing that happened that I didn’t like we were robbed at gun point. Don’t think about it though because if you do you will never put yourself out there. There bad and good days and always someone who had your back you become a family. Would love to be back there.
Pros
Fast paced / fun/ family oriented
Cons
Cold freezers
easy to advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2018
United Dairy Farmers is a good job for young individuals who are looking for a job that will eventually pay off in the long run. this job can be fun or it can be the opposite.
Pros
meet a lot of people
Cons
minimal raises
Lack of Training and Composure
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2018
While the manger was/is great many of the employees lack training or the ability to handle customers who behaved poorly. There were more fights or incidences in the last 4 months than the rest of the 4 years combined. Many of which could have been avoided if the employee had kept a level head. Also, sales have plummeted do to the lack of respect given to customers and that employees would distract themselves with their devices and not give customers timely service.
Slow but Steady
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OH 45103January 17, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. It's a great gateway job and a lovely place to work temporarily before going back to school or while in school.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
No Breaks