United Energy Workers Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fraudulent place do not give them your information
Lpn supposed to be anyway (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 2, 2018
This place is a fraud. They hire you on scam you into paying for liability medical insurance saying you need it before you can start. They get all your information and never give you a start date. After you give them information it’s hard to get in contact with anyone.
Pros
Fraud
OK place
HHA (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 27, 2018
I loved the job. Very poor managers. Clients were amazing. Hours were based on what I anted to work. Friendly environment. I would work there again if some case managers were not there.
Pros
clients
Cons
upper mgmt
This position was during the beginning of UEW and setting up.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 25, 2017
It was rocky at first, but plenty of support at learning the system, routine ,and electronic medical record documentation. Depending on level of care would call patient to schedule visit before hand. Agree on day and time. Arriving at the home, assessing overall condition, vital signs, review medications, or any changes from previous visit. Meet interesting people. Sometimes driving fair distances.
Pros
Good support, pleasant working conditions, work life balance
Cons
At that time there were not enough patients on board
Poor management, if you aren't in a management position you will not be treated fairly
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 21, 2017
If you know someone that is in case management you have an opportunity to advance. If you don't know someone you will not know they have a position available because they choose their friends for the job. That being said, if one has it out for you then you are doomed for the rest of your time with them if you choose to stay.
Pros
Cons
cliche management and no support
Best company I've ever worked for
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 21, 2017
I worked with United Energy in Aiken SC for about 6 months and I absolutely loved it. I moved to NC that's the only reason I'm not there anymore. Patient care is their number one priority and they treat their staff very well. The only downside for me was no benefits but it's a small price to pay for the good pay and staff. I want to mention that i have read a couple negative reviews about this office but please do not let that discourage you if you are thinking about applying whoever wrote them must not truly know the staff at that facility they are incredibly sweet. I keep in touch with a nurse that I worked with who has worked there for 3 years and never plans on leaving. This is healthcare under a government program so their are strict guidelines and because you are an independent contractor and you make your own schedule and you are responsible for more than an employee some people become disgruntled but that can't be blamed on staff or the company you have to be organized to do this job and to be in healthcare period. I love the aspect of being able to build a relationship with my patients. It's an amazing job with an amazing company. If you let them know your circumstances they will work with you its very flexible. I wish they would open up an office in NC!
Pros
great office staff, great patients, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, have to take out your own taxes
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lone Oak, KYJuly 12, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work and practice autonomy holding a nursing license. I was able to take care of clients and all their needs in the home setting getting to know them and their families on a one on one basis. I did nursing responsibilities as well as cook, clean and do daily chores that were needed by the client and their loved ones as well. This was awesome as they became like family.
Pros
Working schedules as fit client and myself as well
Cons
No Benefits
Lack of communication, very rude, and unorganized
CNA (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 30, 2017
I was employed a month and they didn't want to pay me due to them being unorganized. They were very rude at the Aiken SC office and try to play on my intelligence, and always threatening to have you on camera when you are right to get you to change your mine. It's not a place you want to work unless u love pushovers and rudeness plus unorganized
Only if it is your ONLY options!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 22, 2017
You set your own schedule with the patients. Your time starts when you arrive at patient's home until the time you leave the home. You never really know what the patient will ask you to do while your in their home and the time can go from 1 hour to 24 hours, which is determined by DOL (Department of Labor). Charting is done on either the patient's internet service or your own- which you must pay for on your own. If you decide to chart at home, they do not pay you for it. You only get paid for when you are at the patient's home. You are a contract employee, taxes are not withheld. Very nit picky about charting.
Pros
Love the patients!
Cons
They are all family and whisper behind closed doors, Most of your time is spent travelling for which you do not get paid for, No one accepts responsibility for their own actions, The office staff is very unorganized and unprofessional- but friendly
Loved working here
Registered Nurse- Home health nurse (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Flexible scheduling but very little training. Great clients and a chance to learn to be an independent nurse. Enjoyed working with the clients and you really become a part of their family but was part time.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not full time
Really good job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2016
Very flexible hours, work at your own schedule and what accommodates with the client. Great pay and drive pay.

The only downside is that you don't pay taxes so which means is that you have to do more paperwork to get taxes done right.

Great clients and nice staff.
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay, nice clients
Cons
No taxes taken out
Excellent Experience
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 14, 2016
Collaborated with manager to shoot, edit,and upload professional videos for company website

Worked with co-worker/videographer to fulfill these tasks

Very enjoyable to interact with clients for the videos we shot
The nurse needs to be self motivated.
Contracted Home Healthcare Registered Nurse United (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYApril 7, 2016
I was a contracted nurse that did focused assessments on several patients weekly. Great company, great pay, and wonderful patients.
Pros
Great company, great pay, and wonderful patients.
Cons
None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Energy Workers Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

United Energy Workers Healthcare Reviews by Location