United Forming Employee Reviews

General labor
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 22, 2019
Hard labor for the workman. Work hours differ from 8 to 10 hours a day at this place. Urine test for drugs before your hire. 10 hour page classes provided for you and safety.
Pros
Safety training
Production over Safety
Site Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMarch 1, 2019
When it comes to this field it is well known that the superintendent supersedes everyone.

This includes safety which makes for dangerous situations even more so dangerous.
Pros
Pay for living expenses away from home.
Cons
Horrible Superintendents
great place to work
Jobsite safety coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 14, 2019
worked there for nineteen years and advanced as well as i could, traveled. Learned as i advanced and would recommend to anyone. Fast paced work employee owned company.
Pros
employee owned company 401K
Cons
a lot of travel
#2#2#2 not a good job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 3, 2019
Their salaried employees are the only one who have any benefits. This is supposed to be an employee owned company but they’re a bunch of pigs,we drink water from a bathroom sink that kind of tell the tale
Pros
Cons
Pure # 2
Typical Contruction job
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2018
This job was typical construction job. If you worked at one then you've worked at this one. You didn't have time to talk and play around you had to focus on your job and do it well. I liked that about this company. I came in did what I needed to do and went home.
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 7, 2018
It was a great place to if you are willing to travel after the job is complete to the next one, the staff was great to work with, they are great with keeping you safe while on the job
Pros
Cons
Traveling to keep your job
Fast pace all day
Austin airport abia (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
Man working at United was fun never had problems with them at all yal can call them and ask about me Jaime gallardo they will tell yal how I was with them
Pros
Break at 9 am and luch time at 12 thrn break again at 4 pm
Cons
30 min break
Senior Field Engineer/Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 10, 2018
Great place to work if you don't mind being outdoors in all kinds of weather. Most superintendents are great to work with. general superintendent is the greatest guy in the world
N/a
Form Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaApril 25, 2018
United forming is a decent company to work for they stay on top of the safety which is very important at the time it was unique for me learned about more about the safety expectations that I did not know and how to communicate with other people I've only speak one language working with other people that speak different languages it was unique learning how to adapt to that
management was great
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 16, 2017
great people to work for. 17 hour days at one point. slept on site and let my phone wake me up, but that is what you have to do sometimes to get the job done. work was going on at all hours of the day. we became a team quickly we got the job done. i would totally do it again if i had the same management staff again.
Pros
team build was great, management best i ever had
Cons
very long hours to get the job done
Set up for pouring
United Forming, Inc (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 28, 2017
Set up for the pouring of cement, after the pour is completed we break down the site in which the cement was poured, we would re-stack and gather all materials in order and set up for the next pouring
Very productive and growing company
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waco, texas, ft.hood, texas, ft.smith, arkansasMay 18, 2017
I learned everything from patching to forming to pouring even a lil.layout with the field engineer. Very good set of people that work for the company and plenty of room for advancement. The safety crew is on top of their game, so you always feel comfortable while at work.
Good outfit.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 18, 2017
Good place to work, with opportunity to demonstrate your capabilities they don't tell you what to do, because they want you to show what you can do, in one word they are very open minded.
Pros
The chance to excel, and advance your knowledge.
Cons
none to my undestanding
Good work
Working Superintendent-day (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 18, 2017
worked there for nineteen years. Good management and well balance turn over of crew members. Good employee owned company. Company paid for education in many areas of work related skills.
Pros
good work
Cons
traveled to work out of state
productivity
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 4, 2017
really stressful and boring, work in all kinds of weather we lift heavy materials sometime. i enjoyed doing things am good at like driving scissor lifts.
Pros
more hours
Cons
short breaks
Ok
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 13, 2017
Great job with the company I've always did electrical work I was working as a helper and learned so much in the matter of months great benefits as well
Great enviroment, met a lot of great hard working guys and ver safe place to be working at.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
fast safe day, learn many thing from how to sweep to how to not be afraid to stand on the edge of a building 300 ft above the ground.
The company was a good place to work when I was there.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  8th St. Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2015
I was only there for a little over a month because when the foundation had been completed the job was over for me so I had to move on to something else.
Pros
good working conditions
Regular construction job
Saftey Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2015
came to work and made sure everything was safe for everyone. it was cool learning how to build and make things but it sucked being out in the elements all day.
Pros
got to build and use my hands
Cons
some of the workers were kinda racists but we all got along.
Highly committed and motivating job.
Laborer/ Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 31, 2015
I learned how to inspect equipment properly for defects.
I advanced from a General Laborer to a Carpenter Apprentice Assistant. I obtained the skill and knowledge on how to lay concrete.
Working outside was the hardest part due to the weather; I would very disappointed when it rained because that would set us back from meeting the contractors deadline. My coworkers like myself shared the same values on supporting each other in maintaining a safe work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning different things assisting the Master Carpenter.