United Gear and Assembly Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bad
Worker (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 7, 2018
Don't work here try McDonald's first you will be treated better. Management is a joke just don't work here.
No training at all just hear you go figure it out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everthing else
degrading
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJanuary 26, 2018
Very Hostile work environment, Zero communication, constant harassment from co-workers and management, coal mine dirty. Its very a degrading place to be. Definitely would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
if you like being treated like a jerk its a great place
Cons
no lunch time, low pay compared to other machine shops, degrading
Job on the line?
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJanuary 22, 2018
Don’t ever have a family and start here. Car issues, sickness, etc. no care on that. It’s a corporate business so you’re there regardless or you’re done. They run machines and robots, but I thought people were the robots. High turnover rate cause you have to be on the dot period, and a lot of time they had nothing for employees to do so they sent home. No TRAINING what so ever. And if you did some employees were silent with no communication and trained like they must have been. No communication what so ever either. Working 6 days a week until overly tired that no one wants to come back, so they just fire. They’re saying is, “we don’t hire to fire.” Where did I see that? Good luck if you have family. Quite difficult. I suggest 2nd shift if so. First shift is difficult when you have kids. No set up on 2nd so they sent home yet they hire more people? Unorganized.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
No breaks for 10 hr days and no training and horrible motto.
Cuttthroat, unorganized, and dirty place to work.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WISeptember 19, 2017
You basically have to kiss butt to go anywhere here. If you speak up to upper management they fire you or move you to another area. Don't ever let them see you are smart. They will then make you responsible for 10x more then other people that can't catch on to much and make the same as you.
Pros
Okay dental and vision.
Cons
Medical doesn't cover much, breaks are short. Two 15 minute breaks for 8-10 hour shift
Interesting
Metalurgical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 21, 2017
Looking back, this company has some interesting production processes that would be seen as a a fun How Its Made episode. They basically take raw steel molds and cut them to specs for their customers via CNC cutters, heat treat included.
Awesome place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIMarch 16, 2017
Management really cares about its people. They don't hover or bother you too much. They let you do your work and only come to inspect or ask how things are going. I work third shift and I have to say it's the best third shift job I've ever had. Plenty of OT to go around. They're strict about attendance and I see that as a great thing. And the training is thorough and they train you as long as you think you need it. Once you say you're ready, they let ya run your own ship. Overall a great company and awesome job.
Pros
Good pay, great training, encouraging leaders
Cons
Short breaks
Like a abusive relationship
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WISeptember 6, 2016
If you like being put down and have no self-esteem and working 6 to 7 days a week than this is a goldmine. Poor work environment, greasy oil on EVERYTHING including facilities and eating area "break room". Micro managed to a fault. The turnover rate is as high as your blood pressure after spending a couple months in that place. Oh, and the review with the 5 star is totally management trying to get more sucker on the hook.
Pros
It makes you appreciate any other job
Cons
I need more characters in this box.
Ok
Third shift lead (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 29, 2016
It's convenient. Not the best and not the worst. Most of the people working there are decent but a few are hard to deal with. I enjoy working on the variety of machines.
Terrible place to work.
CNC LATHE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work was operating a manufacturing cell that produced gears from a raw casting to a finished part. The cell had 2 vertical lathes and a gear hob all tended by a robot. I learned a lt about FANUC brand robots and FANUC CNC controllers. I learned quite a lot about gear manufacturing and quality inspection with a CMM. The floor managers,production leads, and operators were really awesome people to work with. But the higher level management, engineering department, and quality department were terrible. The sheer amount of miss communication was sad. The hardest part of the job was trying to make quality parts with inaccurate and out-dated equipment. Sadly the most enjoyable part of that job was going home at the end of the shift.
Pros
It was close to home and health benefits were not to bad.
Cons
Low pay and terrible managment.
Forklift operator
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIAugust 7, 2014
Got to drive a forklift everyday. Easy job except when winter came! Co-workers were great. Hardest part was staying warm in winter outside.
Pros
Being on a forklift
Cons
Sliperry floors
CNC Machinist
CNC machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 22, 2013
I loved working with the managers and team leaders. I got hired on with them without knowing anything about CNC machining. They taught me everything I know. I would recommend working for them. The hours were great and the starting pay was good for someone with little to no experience at all.
Pros
Great pay.College tution paid.
Cons
Lay offs
No Job Security
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIJanuary 1, 2013
Main Lesson that I learned was not to get to comfortable thinking your job was safe.
Pros
all kinds of overtime
Cons
high employee turn around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Gear and Assembly. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2