United Ground Express Employee Reviews

Fun job and company
Trainer/Lead TDY Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I loved working for UGE, but I was doing TDY and hated being away for weeks at a time and not being home. Other than that I would have never left! The ability to travel is amazing and I have been to places I would normally never see. I have also made some great friends from being at different airports and training sessions.
Interesting job to have just wrong timing.
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at this company. The pay was good, some of the coworkers were fun to be around and tips was lovely. The only downfall was the company was just beginning so there were some problems that they couldn't solve right away. Sometimes went weeks without a break unless you begged for one.
Not a nice place to work
Ticket/Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 24, 2018
Management is a joke. There is major favoritism and a couple of those people treat other people very badly and they get away with it. Going to HR does not work either
Pros
Free airfare
Cons
Work with very nasty lazy people
Great Flight Benefits, That's It
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 21, 2018
This is a great place to work only if you like to travel, wants low pay, and like drama. Management tries to make the work place enjoyable but being under a Union, there is only so much that they can do. Therefore all drama unfolds and it makes it hard to do anything.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Drama, hours, pay
Well I had a second job with this job too
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 14, 2018
The union was the one that wanted me to work more hours but I couldn't cause of my second job , I worked full time job there. It wasn't that way before the union came in . I liked my job helping all these customers .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Depends on if you have a second job or not .
challenging but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  santa barbaraOctober 6, 2018
overall I enjoyed my experience working for this company though the pay was lower than it should have been but managers can either help or severely harm your experience
Pros
flight benefits and lots of hours
Cons
challenging customers
Great Work Environment
Customer Service/Operations Agent/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 4, 2018
Great employees, opportunities for advancement if willing to learn, fast-growing company taking over many airport stations. Long term growth and stability
Pros
Flight benefits, paid training
High turn over rate
CSR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 3, 2018
No increase in pay. High turn over rate. No nice uniform. Low morale among employees. This company uses manpower and no positive acknowledgment. The company hires people and they tire...then leave.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
low wage
It’s has its moments
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2018
We do a lot for very little pay. Paid training of course. Manager has a lot of turnover rate because of pay and benefits. You bid on your shifts but you have options of picking up overtime.
Pros
Free Flight Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Not for career seeking people
Customer Service Relations/Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 18, 2018
It is easy to focus on the negative aspects of airport ramp work. What you really need to know about UGE is that if you are looking for a corporate career most roads lead to Chicago. This is where corporate is located. Also, UGE and United are two different companies that are linked loosely together. You may be able to parlay your job to United proper, where you want to be, but you will be at the bottom of the priority list.

That being said, ramp work intensity can vary station to station. My personal situation is a very physically demanding one. You will be outside in all weather elements turning planes as fast as possible rain or shine.

A thing to know before getting into this industry, work/life balance can be very rough depending on what station you are at. So actually using the flight benefits to travel can be very rare.

Pros: Active all day long; Travel Benefits; Good Coworker Relationships;

Cons: Hours 40++; Scheduling; Union; Pay; Work/Life Balance; Work on days off often
Productive and very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 17, 2018
This work place is a fun industry to work for. You have to be a good team player be willing to work under all kinds of weather need to have a good positive mindset and be friendly and understanding. Great travel benefits u get to see the world. Work is a very timely manner you have to be able to maintain your duty.
Pros
Team work. Long down time
Cons
Strict on delays
United ground express
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
This is a very poor company management was to focus on getting people fired for small things they never deal with wheelchair company so it was a mess in the airport they want u to make them your first priority they don’t work with your school schedule or even if u have kids they don’t care if there’s a death in your family they still want you to come in to work the management talks to you any kind of way they tell all of your personal business to other employees this is the most unprofessional company I ever work for
Great Benefits
Passenger Assistant Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
You Fly Free and basically work alone as you are transporting passengers throughout the airport. Fun environment. Decent pay. Schedule is via bidding and are sometimes not accommodating.
Not a good place to work!
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2018
There is not enough staff to properly and safely perform your job duties. The staff cuts corners and dos not follow standard safety or airline regulations; especially with servicing the aircraft. it is a cut-throat environment, where no one works as a team.
Not a company designed with care for employees.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Savoy, ILJuly 16, 2018
This was by far the worst company I've ever worked for. The class I trained with all didn't know our pay rate or that we were a part of a union. They don't train you in the sense of preparing you for operation. They simple give you a million modules and tell you memorize it all. Once you're up and operating, you simple become an assembly line worker to them. They do not care about you as a human, a person, or even an employee. They see you as a disposable piece of machinery that should keep their boat oiled and floating successfully with gratitude.
Pros
Cons
The entire company!!!
It was okay
Wheelchair Assistant (Former Employee) –  O'hare International Airport, ILJuly 12, 2018
It was okay to much didnt like the tablet as a communcation i like the radio better but if i csn work back there i will great tip in everbody was nice
Pros
Good tip in great team member
Cons
No breaks didnt knew who was the mangerment because everybody was treyn tell people what to do
Great
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 1, 2018
I love the benefits of working for the airline. Great environment. I don't like when we have delays but it's worth it due to the benefits you receive and discounts on flights and other things.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
co workers
Very engaging team members
Sr. Business Analyst/Sr. Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
Great environment for growth and provides opportunities for challenging work in different areas of airport operations.

Also, great perks such as travel benefits.
fun place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 9, 2018
it was a fun place to work and fast paced. The other employees were very nice and the manager was nice. A typical day was loading luggage on the airplanes.
Underpaid and mediocre management
ACS (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 4, 2018
The pay is very low for the amount of work required. Management is very unprofessional and does not know who to speak to employees in a respectful manner. Forget about having a social life on days that you have to work, you never get off when you are scheduled too.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
Underpaid and unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Ground Express. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about