United Ground Express Employee Reviews

Good for Travel
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2019
Good place to work, and opportunities for advancement. Must be willing to relocate for the promotion. No day is the same, and you can expect last minute deadlines.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
No time to use flight benefits
Busy, almost always.
Passenger Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Typically quick days, because it's always busy, not hard work, but absolutely the poorest ran organization, I might have ever encountered. Staff is mostly young, and the others are very immature, so if you're older than teens or early 20's, have lots of patience. It appears to be very easy to lose the job, but the union usually gets the job back for the wrongfully accused, but who wants to go through that nonsense. Management speaks to everyone like children, and most of them can't even effectively do the job.
Pros
Flight benefits, Busy, so shifts go by swiftly.
Cons
Poor management
Poor management
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Awful mangment skills they don't care if your sick or if it's a family emergency you will still be asked to work if not you will have a point taken off
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2019
Poor management and leads.. people in position that do not know the airline. Company has a point system if you sick in a car accident it's still count against you. Management do not talk to employees. Run stay away..
Cons
I did like and enjoy my job ut msnagement needs to get their act together.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working at UGE. I wanted to stay pt but even though they were short staffed and still are they would not work with me on hours. There are long periods of time where people just stand around and do nothing in between flights as sometimes a flight is 2 hours apart. Management has no idea on how to do a work schedule. The disrespect from co workers is awful. Human resources, supervisor, union represenative and GM do nothing about serious situations. There is alot of safety hazards at this station. Never can get on flights no open seating. Pay is only minimum wage which is crazy for the amount of work you do and the stress related to the job.
Pros
Cons
Cant use flight benefits planes too small never any available seats
Unprofessional Management
PAA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
This Was one of the WORST companies I’ve ever worked for the tips were great but the management was TERRIBLE and VERY unprofessional, and unorganized. As soon as you’re hired you’ll be ready to quit.the flight benefits are the ONLY good thing about this company. There’s a TERRIBLE system they use to keep up with your attendance which gives you no time to be a parent or a student. This job is best for TEENS that want to make extra cash with NO other important things to do because there’s no missing any days even for appointments, funerals. Even if you’re sick yourself.Dont even have a grad period to clock in knowing they have technology that always FREEZES or Doesn’t work at all but if you’re not in by the schedule time rather u were there or not you’ll get fired.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
No Lunch, Poor Management, Unprofessional
productive
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2018
The pay is entirely too low, the airline field can be very grueling a times you either have to love it or leave it if youre okay with sucky pay , the flight benefits are great though
day at work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 1, 2018
it really just depends on what the flights are like during the day. If its a good day, with flights on time and people actually show up on time without any problems, its fine. But days when Chicago is delayed because of maintenance its a struggle. Our location we don't get updates from the crews, the IOM isn't updated so we cant update our pax. With what we really do, and being cross trained and trained on so many different type of machinery we shouldn't be starting out with a $10 wage.
Pros
flying where you want
Cons
the pay for being crossed trained
Fun job and company
Trainer/Lead TDY Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I loved working for UGE, but I was doing TDY and hated being away for weeks at a time and not being home. Other than that I would have never left! The ability to travel is amazing and I have been to places I would normally never see. I have also made some great friends from being at different airports and training sessions.
Interesting job to have just wrong timing.
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at this company. The pay was good, some of the coworkers were fun to be around and tips was lovely. The only downfall was the company was just beginning so there were some problems that they couldn't solve right away. Sometimes went weeks without a break unless you begged for one.
Not a nice place to work
Ticket/Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 24, 2018
Management is a joke. There is major favoritism and a couple of those people treat other people very badly and they get away with it. Going to HR does not work either
Pros
Free airfare
Cons
Work with very nasty lazy people
Great Flight Benefits, That's It
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 21, 2018
This is a great place to work only if you like to travel, wants low pay, and like drama. Management tries to make the work place enjoyable but being under a Union, there is only so much that they can do. Therefore all drama unfolds and it makes it hard to do anything.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Drama, hours, pay
Well I had a second job with this job too
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 14, 2018
The union was the one that wanted me to work more hours but I couldn't cause of my second job , I worked full time job there. It wasn't that way before the union came in . I liked my job helping all these customers .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Depends on if you have a second job or not .
challenging but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  santa barbaraOctober 6, 2018
overall I enjoyed my experience working for this company though the pay was lower than it should have been but managers can either help or severely harm your experience
Pros
flight benefits and lots of hours
Cons
challenging customers
Great Work Environment
Customer Service/Operations Agent/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 4, 2018
Great employees, opportunities for advancement if willing to learn, fast-growing company taking over many airport stations. Long term growth and stability
Pros
Flight benefits, paid training
High turn over rate
CSR (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 3, 2018
No increase in pay. High turn over rate. No nice uniform. Low morale among employees. This company uses manpower and no positive acknowledgment. The company hires people and they tire...then leave.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
low wage
It’s has its moments
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2018
We do a lot for very little pay. Paid training of course. Manager has a lot of turnover rate because of pay and benefits. You bid on your shifts but you have options of picking up overtime.
Pros
Free Flight Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Not for career seeking people
Customer Service Relations/Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 18, 2018
It is easy to focus on the negative aspects of airport ramp work. What you really need to know about UGE is that if you are looking for a corporate career most roads lead to Chicago. This is where corporate is located. Also, UGE and United are two different companies that are linked loosely together. You may be able to parlay your job to United proper, where you want to be, but you will be at the bottom of the priority list.

That being said, ramp work intensity can vary station to station. My personal situation is a very physically demanding one. You will be outside in all weather elements turning planes as fast as possible rain or shine.

A thing to know before getting into this industry, work/life balance can be very rough depending on what station you are at. So actually using the flight benefits to travel can be very rare.

Pros: Active all day long; Travel Benefits; Good Coworker Relationships;

Cons: Hours 40++; Scheduling; Union; Pay; Work/Life Balance; Work on days off often
Productive and very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 17, 2018
This work place is a fun industry to work for. You have to be a good team player be willing to work under all kinds of weather need to have a good positive mindset and be friendly and understanding. Great travel benefits u get to see the world. Work is a very timely manner you have to be able to maintain your duty.
Pros
Team work. Long down time
Cons
Strict on delays
United ground express
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
This is a very poor company management was to focus on getting people fired for small things they never deal with wheelchair company so it was a mess in the airport they want u to make them your first priority they don’t work with your school schedule or even if u have kids they don’t care if there’s a death in your family they still want you to come in to work the management talks to you any kind of way they tell all of your personal business to other employees this is the most unprofessional company I ever work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Ground Express. Our community is ready to answer.