United Health Services Employee Reviews

Crooked management and poorly staffed
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMay 15, 2019
Management plays favorites and is lazy. You are pressured to work overtime, no matter how many consecutive days you've worked. Patients are talked about like animals and are only seen as dollar signs. It is an unfortunate place to work or be treated.
Pros
free food
Cons
stressfull
Great place to wrok
Team Leader Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 10, 2019
I enjoy working in Central Scheduling. I enjoy the challenge each and every day. I am able to answer over a 100 calls a day and I can register 90 a day. I enjoy working with the public and always have. My team always works together and we strive to get the job done. It's a great place to work and a great place to receive care.
Left a great job...
Clinical Integration Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 23, 2019
I left a great job, to go to United and only after 2 months with company told position was being moved to India. I could have stayed where I was. I was so anxious to work for United but once I got there and was given notice like I was I was really disappointed. They did not try to place me in another position as they do not move fast when it comes to hiring roles. Or at least not in my scenario. The best thing I got out of my experience was the people I worked with.
Pros
The talent..my peers were from all over world and some of the best..and remote work.
Cons
They do not assist well when placing people in other positions.
Mental Health Technician
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2019
The only reason why I stayed on this job was because of my co-workers. I've legit made a family here and although I've put in my two weeks notice, we still hang out, so it's great.
Good first job
Physician Assistant- Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 19, 2019
I was able to get a lot of experience from this opportunity. There is a high demand in the community for quality healthcare. Management can be disconnected with needs of employees.
Pros
good people
Cons
no breaks, weekends, nights and holidays
teaching facility
GI NURSE (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYNovember 14, 2018
Because UHS is a teaching facility, if aware, there are many opportunities learning opportunities. It has a strong trauma department that is growing.
Cons
short staff
Would not recommend clients or potential employees to Outpatient Mental health at UHS
Social Worker/therapist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 10, 2018
Working for uhs Outpatient Mental health was the worst employment experience of my life. I don’t even know where to begin. The micromanaging, condescending, moody, unpredictable, manipulative supervisor who openly makes fun of employees with other employees and retaliates (for instance I had a caseload of 80 people and she would advise the front desk to keep giving me the most new clients even if I was already busy, in case presentation meeting I’d be the only one with a huge stack of new clients and I’d often get ridiculed while presenting my new cases),when you complain about her horrible, nasty attitude (another example would be when I went to her for supervision on some tough cases and her response was ‘what, you think it will get easier? You’ll either learn to work with these people or you’ll find another job’ never had a supervisor talk to me like this when I’m asking for guidance) she will make you out to be the bad guy to her manager (who does nothing about it).

The culture that’s been created of everyone just trying to not get the supervisor’s wrath by playing both sides (complaining about her and trying to get her fired but pretending to be her best friend in her face and refusing to back each other up when someone else is the target).

The doctors who work whatever hours they want, one who is extremely arrogant and made racist comments about an African American client, and the supervisor who pads their schedules to pretend they are there all day when they aren’t (but would scream at me for leaving 10 minutes early when I came in 10 minutes early and routinely
  more... worked thru part of my lunch and was salaried!) The doctors fraudulently bill for appointments that are way longer than they actually see clients for.

The stigmatization of substance abuse clients which is a large portion of our case loads, the micromanaging client’s care as well by filling them up with individual therapy, group therapy, constant urine drug screens (cause they tend to think every person is (‘just a drug addict’) and telling them if they don’t do all of those things (group therapy is not for everyone and we shouldn’t be treating clients like suspects!) or they kick clients out. As social workers, a golden rule we learn in grad school is to ‘meet people where they are’, one would also think people in this field would be compassionate and non judgmental-that’s the exception, not the majority there.

The rigid rules don’t only apply to clients. Employees are expected to do only what they are told, there is zero room for individuality, or people giving their own unique perspectives and strengths to make a more dynamic team who learns from each other. The control freaks in charge suffocate the individuality right out of you by treating you like an incompetent moron who doesn’t know how to do your job. Constant criticism. Zero training. Just demands and put downs. It’s a nightmare and I feel like I have an ethical obligation to warn potential clients and employees of the way this place is run.

I could say it’s just that office but I reported the bad behavior, many, many times, as did several others I worked with, nothing was done about it. Nothing at all. In fact the hr employee ombudsman said even though she knows there’s been complaints by ‘almost everyone at the clinic’ that I must be doing something to cause the problem!!! The supervisor painted me and the other newest employee as the ‘troublemakers’ (constant gas lighting, you get treated terribly and then it’s turned around like it didn’t happen or was all your fault anyway. Supervisor screamed at and ridiculed front desk staff in front of clients in the waiting room then asked the staff member for an apology saying she was the one who screamed despite multiple witnesses who saw the whole thing) and that was just accepted even though many other people have complained about the same things and the only support we’d get from coworkers is ‘she always has her targets, it’s just you guys right now’. How they don’t get or believe how bad it is there is beyond me, but they don’t get it, or just don’t care either way. It’s just the most dysfunctional workplace I have ever been in my life. And I have zero respect for the way it was handled at higher levels and hr. They clearly couldn’t careless. I’ve never felt more disrespected and less valuable to an agency. Run, just run!!
Pros
The clients and some good coworkers, benefits and pay was ok.
Cons
Literally everything else: management, training, client care, work culture.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 24, 2018
Radiology department in a hospital and Medical office building settings. Checked patients in for testing. Learned so much about radiology, an amazing field to get into. Management has good and bad as many companies do. Overall it was good and mainly fair. We worked together as a team, always. Met many friends, and Doctors I am still in contact with after relocating more than a year ago
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Weekends
Good organization to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 21, 2018
Fast-paced hospital and clinic system that was very concerned about all employees, patients and visitors. Employees worked well together to complete assigned tasks.
Pros
Good benefits, accrued PTO
Cons
Not enough staff to complete the eork that needed to be done
Good company, not great benefits, but good for area
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 15, 2018
Good company, not great benefit, but good for area, No holiday pay and have to use paid time off for holidays, even if your job is closed. Good hours and schedule. No advancement opportunities once your in your position
Pros
schedule
Cons
no advancement
Awesome working Environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 6, 2018
I will forever be grateful to UHS Hospitals
First of all, they gave me the opportunity to be a better team player.
They provided every needed incentive and motivations you can ask for in a job.
Rewarding
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 28, 2018
The work can be very stressful at times, but with the management and staff I worked with, it was very rewarding. The benefits were good.and much more than other companies.
Benefits
Close knit team of trainers.
Clinical Systems Training Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 2, 2018
Working with my team of 7 other trainers, we worked closely and together to teach every new employee to the company how to use the computer systems in the clinical atmosphere, both clinics and the hospitals.
Beautician (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Overall great place to work. Understanding, family like team who love the residents, their family and each other. Great food in cafe. Everything is clean. Fun place to work.
Encourages Advancement
Clinical Systems Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYFebruary 13, 2018
My managers at UHS always encouraged advancement. They would ask if there were any classes I would like to take and do whatever was needed for me to be able to attend them.
Pros
Affordable healthcare
Cons
Micromanaging
Fast paced forward technology
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working in a fast paced, forward technology healthcare institution. I would have loved to have become a fulltime employee. I would be open to an offer.
fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYDecember 18, 2017
My work experience was very busy I had many different tasks to fulfill to the patients. I learned to multi-task and get the food to the right patients. The management team was very helpful and workplace culture was very good. The hardest part of my job was filling patients orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with nice staff they were very helpful.
Pros
everybody was helpful
Cons
filling patients orders and delivering them to patients rooms
Good Place to work.
Laboratory Support Services Manager (Phlebotomy) (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYNovember 15, 2017
Excellent work place, pay scale is great! Would definitely recommend! Staff and management is very passionate and work flow is fast paces but very relaxed.
Pros
Excellent benefit package.
great place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 9, 2016
A typical day would include greeting patients, pulling their medical chart, making appointments in person or via phone calls, filing of reports, gathering statistical data, billing, completing forms for in house billing, payroll. As far as co-workers go we all worked as a team and supported each other and would fill in for other jobs as needed. Also contacted insurance companies to find out benefit information and relaying this information to the patient upon their first visit. The hardest part of the job was when our volume became so high it was hard to keep up. The most enjoyable part were working with patients.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, staff very team oriented
Cons
too high of work volume and not enough staff
Flexable with work hours to accomedate for the families
Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2015
The company is a good company to work for.
The credit department has a manager that considers the family situations and will do his best to help out.
Pros
The hours are great
Cons
the benefits could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

United Health Services Reviews by Location