United Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 5, 2018
I have no complaints about volunteering. I love doing what does get busy sometimes whenever I use to work at the information desk. It also gets chaos sometimes doing hospitality. That is where you take patients down the elevator that is being being released from the hospital.
I great job with many opportunities to advance
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 2, 2018
I loved working at UHC as an aide. If I were not moving, I would have stayed on and worked there as an RN in May. It is good pay and a decent environment. Definitely not the worst job.
Good team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 26, 2018
Most of the people I worked with were awesome at helping each other out (teamwork) . Management was great very friendly and helpful you could always go to the with confidence. The hospital was always clean.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place
OR Scrub Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 20, 2018
UHC was great to work for because of the quality of the company but also the benefits package they offered. They had great health, vision and dental insurance. Also, the 401K and employee stock purchase plan was amazing
Excellent
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 12, 2018
I absolutely loved my time working at this job and i had wonderful experiences meeting new people. i enjoyed helping others and making new friends. i love filing paper work and shredding paper as it was an easy job
Would not recommend.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 3, 2018
Management was a total joke. 12 hours per day 11.5 hours on your feet. Charting is conducted on your feet. Nurses are dangerously overworked and medication errors occur often.
Pros
Cons
Many
a good learning enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 22, 2018
I would work in food service where I was in the dish room or in the Café , in dish room we would clean trays and carts and continue to do that all day than at the end of the day we had to clean the machine and the dish room .than if I was in the café I would cook and serve customers than clean the café when done .
Pros
a small discunt
Cons
late nights.
Always busy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVNovember 2, 2017
UHC is a fast paced facility. On a day to day basis you never know whether or not you'll have 6-20 patients as a Nurse Tech, most other staff are friendly and willing to help out.
Pros
discounts on food and coffee, paycheck deductible
Cons
working short
Stellar
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 4, 2017
Amazing management and staff; very supportive and encouraging, non- judgmental. Would definitely recommend as an employer; would attempt to return if needed to relocate to area.
Busy and unappreciated
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 19, 2017
My coworkers were great. Upper management is weak toward employee satisfaction. There is huge employee turnover in all departments due to under-staffing
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
supportive work environment
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 25, 2017
Worked part time in an outpatient department for an exceptional nurse manager. Great group of co-workers. Competitive salary. Educational opportunities.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVAugust 17, 2017
This organization has very friendly staff, team work is a priority and encouraged, extremely organized, and great on-job training. Overall, pleasant place to work.
Cons
short breaks, low pay.
Local Hospital
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 17, 2017
I have worked at United Hospital Center since graduation. I have worked all three shifts including Special Procedures/Cath Lab. I have always loved my work and my patients. We have a Radiology Program and students rotate thru each modality. I enjoy teaching the students and helping them learn. I currently work at an off site Family Medicine Practice with 5 Providers. We have digital equipment and the PACS System to make getting results back quickly.
Pros
Great Benefits
Checking patients in/out
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 5, 2017
Busy, fast passed employer. Potential to be fun helping others in the community. Has gone thru a lot of changes since my employment. Would go back...maybe.
Pros
No two days are ever the same
Cons
Short staffed
High overturn
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 19, 2017
Lose people very easily and I see why. Staff is overworked. Too many patients for the staff. Patients are not getting the treatment they deserve. Pray you have a good team when you go in.
Amazing opportunity
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 15, 2017
My time at UHC has been the most challenging but amazing experience ever. I've learned so much and will continue to to learn. The staff and management is so caring and helpful.
Pros
Great Benifits.
Professional enviornment
RN (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJune 12, 2017
Very skilled physicians and nurses. Everyone I worked with was kind and respectful to one another and the patients. Professionalism shown by all departments
Enjoyed working there
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 21, 2017
Enjoyed working at UHC
Loved my job and patients
Staff was great
Pay was great
Discounts were great
No complaints
Benefits were great
Department worked together
Excelent place to begin my skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMay 9, 2017
I have learned a multitude o things as I began my nursing career here. From being a tech and now a rn on a step down telemetry, I am very confident in my skills as I move forward in the future
Advancement Opportunities
CNA/Secretary/Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMarch 26, 2017
I worked here as a young adult. It was a good way to start out my career in the medical field. I moved away before I got to dance very far in the facility, but I felt if I had stayed I would have had advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great working with the community
Cons
no Cons