United Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Good co-workers, professional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVDecember 11, 2018
I was a housekeeper which isn't a very hard job to do. Some positions are a little more fast-paced but altogeter its an easy job. Just have to have a good attendence annd you can make good salaray. It was a very fun place because of all co-workers are pretty easy going. As long as you done your job you had no worries.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Cleaning rooms with diseases.
Very flexible with work hours
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 12, 2018
Having worked at UHC for over 28 years I worked several positions with many different supervisors. I loved that they were very flexible with my hours being a part time employee. I enjoyed working with the staff & enjoyed interaction with patients on a daily basis. Any position held at the hospital was usually stressful. You have many lives in your hands at any given time. I was fortunate to work with many awesome coworkers over the years employed here. With working in healthcare its a great feeling knowing you are making a difference in someones life by providing them with the best possible care.
Under paid and Under staffed.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVSeptember 1, 2018
Job responsibilities become more and more but the pay stays the same. Patient care is a high priority to the nursing staff but not to the individuals who make the rules for the staff. Patient to nurse ratio is 1:6 and 1:12 or so for the Patient Care assistants. Impossible to give quality patient care with these numbers.
Pros
The individuals you work with.
Cons
Low pay, under staffed, no room for advancement.
A good place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  bridgeport,wvJuly 30, 2018
A good hospital to work for. Not flexible for child care. I wish there was childcare onsite. It would make it much easier to balance work and children
A great place to work
Nurse Tech Duties (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 30, 2018
Management listens to its' staff and needed changes are able to take place to increase efficiency as well as morale. Information is given to everyone on hospital polices and procedures.
Quick Paced Job with good coworkers
Food Service Floater (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 24, 2018
I have worked at UHC for a year now. If you are looking for advancement, its hard to do, but overall it has been a nice place to work, build new friendships, and make a little money.
Pros
20% discount in cafeteria
Cons
Constantly changing work schedules
Too much for too little
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJune 15, 2018
one PCA for 20 plus patients is too much. the management seems to be focused on profit, even though it is claimed to be a nonprofit entitiy. Unit mamagers and and other staff are easy to work with.
okay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVMay 23, 2018
okay environment to learn and take care of patients The staff are friendly they have travelers sometimes to make up for nursing shortage management is the good old boys club I enjoy patient care
Pros
holiday pay
Work from home.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 29, 2018
I have not worked here for the last 10 years. I did work there for approximately 16 years and had no problems with this company, other than when they decided to go to Voice Recognition.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Voice Recognition.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 5, 2018
I have no complaints about volunteering. I love doing what does get busy sometimes whenever I use to work at the information desk. It also gets chaos sometimes doing hospitality. That is where you take patients down the elevator that is being being released from the hospital.
I great job with many opportunities to advance
Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVApril 2, 2018
I loved working at UHC as an aide. If I were not moving, I would have stayed on and worked there as an RN in May. It is good pay and a decent environment. Definitely not the worst job.
Good team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 26, 2018
Most of the people I worked with were awesome at helping each other out (teamwork) . Management was great very friendly and helpful you could always go to the with confidence. The hospital was always clean.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place
OR Scrub Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 20, 2018
UHC was great to work for because of the quality of the company but also the benefits package they offered. They had great health, vision and dental insurance. Also, the 401K and employee stock purchase plan was amazing
Excellent
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 12, 2018
I absolutely loved my time working at this job and i had wonderful experiences meeting new people. i enjoyed helping others and making new friends. i love filing paper work and shredding paper as it was an easy job
Low salary and very low morale
Registrar and Biller (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 16, 2018
Registered patients for their testing at UHC and also the ER. Billing of Medicaid claims and entering of EOB's. Management was poor and would not work very well with your schedule. Pay was poor and did not reflect prior experience.
Pros
discount lunches and at the gift shop
Cons
management was hard to work with
Would not recommend.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 3, 2018
Management was a total joke. 12 hours per day 11.5 hours on your feet. Charting is conducted on your feet. Nurses are dangerously overworked and medication errors occur often.
Pros
Cons
Many
a good learning enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJanuary 22, 2018
I would work in food service where I was in the dish room or in the Café , in dish room we would clean trays and carts and continue to do that all day than at the end of the day we had to clean the machine and the dish room .than if I was in the café I would cook and serve customers than clean the café when done .
Pros
a small discunt
Cons
late nights.
Always busy
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVNovember 2, 2017
UHC is a fast paced facility. On a day to day basis you never know whether or not you'll have 6-20 patients as a Nurse Tech, most other staff are friendly and willing to help out.
Pros
discounts on food and coffee, paycheck deductible
Cons
working short
Stellar
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 4, 2017
Amazing management and staff; very supportive and encouraging, non- judgmental. Would definitely recommend as an employer; would attempt to return if needed to relocate to area.
Busy and unappreciated
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 19, 2017
My coworkers were great. Upper management is weak toward employee satisfaction. There is huge employee turnover in all departments due to under-staffing
Benefits
Cons
Upper management