United Language Group
62Average

United Language Group Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews
Because of Covic19, the world turn upside down, cannot blame anyone for anything. If not because of the pandemic, OPI is a very good job with flexibility. I like the job and I am going to stay in the field.
People are so rude there for their subcontractors I am an Italian sp who just wanted to participate in interesting projects. Quality expectations impossible to meet as they constantly changw instructions you have already forwarded, they have a chaos, you receive aroud 3 mails for eqch job then you are pushed to answer in 10 minutes and tell you do this. Constant fight
The snacks and company activities are amazing, but management sucks and career advancement sucks.You are told when to break and lunch and sometimes its inconsistent. I worked parttime and pumped frequently. I had a room that was available to me, but wasn't always able to pump due to others using the room. Was often told to pump in bathroom.
it's really easy money to make, payment is decent. I worked overnight and basically everyone else got away with being on their phones because of favorites the liaisons would play. they were somewhat supportive but the workload at night vs daytime is 100 percent slower and employees should be allowed more options to make work bearable. Out of the 5 of us during the night we got maybe 20 calls total vs daytime which was 300 calls. Yet they wouldn't make work better for us the only good thing was the snack cart but my shift always seemed to get the raw end of the deal at that. I remember getting leftovers from events they would do during the daytime and they were all stale, and probably not safe to eat. Some advice I have for the people of ulg is to make work more interesting so the employees don't try to entertain themselves and get fired for it. Even though everyone else was on their phones and never got caught despite being close to the liaisons and the liaisons always seeing them on their phones and being ok with it when it came to me it was different. So there is DEFINITELY favoritism at this company. They kept a druggie at work even tho everyone clearly smelt his weed stench no one had anything to say about it not even the liaisons. he also got many chances after showing up intoxicated but when I get on my phone for two seconds when I haven't had a call in almost an hour to keep me awake I get instantly terminated. makes sense.
A typical day can include multiple hours of interpreting. The pace of the calls varies. Overall would recommend to those looking to interpret. Management is great.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I love my job and this company as well but my salary is not enough unfortunately this company is great in any aspect but my family needs are more for that reason and that only I have to look for a better paid job
Pay isn’t great.
Coworkers hang out with management outside of work and those are the ones that get away with everything. Unorganized.

People here are out to get you.

Very dramatic work place, don’t trust anyone.

Management and coworkers are racist as well.
April 6, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. At ULG, we aim to provide quality services to our customers and a good and friendly work environment to our employees. We regret that your experience does not reflect these values, we believe it is of uttermost importance that all of our employees feel equally valued. If you would like to further discuss, please contact us at HRTEAM@ulgroup.com
Answering inbound calls and transferring call to over-the-phone interpreters is the daily task. It's amazing to learn the different languages from other parts of the world I never knew about. I keep learning new names of languages everyday. Management is so supportive and caring, you feel like a part of a big family. The hardest part of the job is trying to beat my times on answering and getting the calls through especially when they call and you can barely hear them. The most enjoyable time is getting calls completed in less than 20 seconds, Even more enjoyable is when they come around with a treat cart.
It was a job. Don't look for too much job advancement. Easy money, but can become very boring very quickly. The people have awesome attitudes, but the work can be a little more entertaining.
I enjoy working for ULG in general. The pay system is bad and you may not receive your paycheck on time. I hope this changes soon. Operators are nice but sometimes you will have three to four people calling you back to back asking “hey there it’s ———with ULG I’m calling to see if you are still available and ready to assist”. In general management is nice and helpful. No health insurance 👎
They give few hours of work, the work is actually very difficult and compensation is very very low. They only had 15 hours a week available for work.
This job is extremely flexible; It can be done from anywhere around the world! Great for students or people who are looking for an extra income. Scheduling hours are convenient.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits
very easy job, learning something new everyday. so many people giving encouragement and always helping to help you to do more and help you grow in the company. company is open minded and is always willing to take any suggestions from anyone.
Very responsible company very attentive to employee problems.
they return calls and or emails with answers to questions made.In my opinion the pay could be a little better and some type of benefits should be added. CAlls are sometimes fast paced but since you earn money on calls this is to workers benefit.
December 16, 2019
Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that your experience with us is a positive one. If you would like to share more about your experience, please reach out to interpretercare@ulgroup.com.
ULG is by far one of the easiest call centers I've worked for. Regarding advancement there is some.

To be honest it isn't a real challenge.

If you're looking to be challenged at every turn this is NOT the place to work.

The job culture is there, a very laid back environment and the people are very friendly.
December 16, 2019
Thank you for your review. If you would like to share more about your experience, please reach out to HRTEAM@ulgroup.com. Again, we appreciate your review!
Work remotely from the comfort of your home office. Ability to multitask on different projects. Phone interpretation with other agencies. The hardest part of the position would be the fact that you are on your own. If you are a person who needs supervision or training before beginning a position this is not the job for you.

You work your own hours and IC is pretty much ok with whatever you ask as long as you ask for it with notice. Pay is ok. There are no additional benefits as far as medical, insurance 401k, among other things.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No healthcare
December 16, 2019
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your experience with us is a positive one. At ULG we encourage an environment of collaboration and positive interactions, if you would like to share more about your experience with us, please email interpretercare@ulgroup.com.
I love working here. People are very nice and appreciate your work. Pay is very good, very competative. I can't thing about anything that I could complain on. Highly recommend.
October 15, 2019
Management was very unapproachable, but the co workers were cool to work with. They did not train you, but they expected you to know your job. They don't let you use PTO. very unorganized
Pros
Snacks
Cons
No empathy
October 7, 2019
We are sorry to hear about your experience. At ULG, we strive to create an environment of open communication. It seems like this has not been your experience, please reach out to HRTEAM@ulgroup.com if you would like to discuss further.
It is a really fast paced and repetitive job. Good place for students to work since they are really flexible with work schedule. It is not a place where you work with others to complete tasks.
September 30, 2019
We strive for an environment that caters to all. Thank you, we appreciate your review!
Pay isn't enough to support your self as an adult. This would be a great job for a fresh look on work or someone in College, but NOT someone who has an apartment, car payment, food etc.
September 23, 2019
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. At ULG we pride ourselves compensating our employees fairly. We regret that your experience does not align with our values. Please reach out HRTEAM@ulgroup.com if you would like to discuss further.
Its great they call you to give you your call always polite and nice. Calls are from different things in life from medical to financial to government calls.
September 23, 2019
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your experience with us is a positive one!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Language Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight