United Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nursing Assistant is a Great Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 7, 2018
Nursing Assistant is a great job .I've stayed in the nursing field for so many because I love my job, but you have to have a heart for it but I also believe we deserve more money
Pros
Supervisor was great and easy to get along with
Cons
Unorganized
While Working here at UMC
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
I have been very pleased working here at United Medical Center, for the pass 7 years.. Now it is time for to move on to a higher paid position. I enjoyed working with my residents they are such a pleasure to have on my team,.
Pros
We did not receive free lunch
Cons
15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Great Place for Consulting Assignment
Clinical Documentation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
United Medical Center was a great consulting assignment. I was bale to get involved with additional projects which allowed me to gain more knowledge and skills to help with career advancement.
Under resourced and sometimes poorly managed.
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
Depressing for those who seek excellence.Lacks the supports necessary to make that a reality. Lacks training and opportunities for educational experiences. Lacks basic resources and up to date systems. Some good People there though.
n/a
Full-Time Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
Typical day was working short staffed. The hardest part of the job was not having equipment at times to perform your job. Working with the patient population that we were treating was the enjoyable part, and it was done to the best of my ability, during the times I was not in a leadership role.
N/a
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2018
A typical day was always good for me. I worked in the ER core with patients that come in on an ambulance. The best part for me was seeing the discharge patient leaving with a smile on their faces.
It was a very productive work environment in HR
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed the working environment in HR. The Employee's in my department were a pleasure to work with. There was a seamless collaborative effort between the Employee's and the Director
Pros
Discounted lunches, healthcare
Cons
No tuition assistance
a very pleasant environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2018
United Medical Center is a fast-paced medical setting. they see a variety of patients with various illnesses. The patient population is very large. the staff is very patient and helpful.
the job had me on my toes
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
transporting patients to and from their rooms.
I learned to work at a pace
I loved that as soon as a was comfortable at what I was doing they upped me to evening shift which I loved
Challenging environment
Radiology Quality Manager/ Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 16, 2018
UMC was not your typical radiology department, it was underdeveloped and economically disadvantaged. This type of work place kept you on your toes and sometimes brought about stress and lots of risk.
As a senior technologist I've learn to mitigate much of the risk and stress which is the hardest part of my job.
The director is new and trying to adjust to the place. He have big goals on making improvements to the place. I believe in him and believe he is very ambitious about making change.
Pros
I work with students
Cons
limited equipment
I had a good experience since it was my first coding job.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 14, 2018
Usaully, my supervisor will assign me works. I do code ED, Ancillary, Rehab, observation and clinics charts. My supervisor is team player, she is always like to help me if I have any questions on medical reports or encoder. I gained a lot of coding knowledge. I was a part time coder.
Pros
Recieved a lot of coding experience in hosptital setting
Cons
very stressful due daily work loads.
Poorly ran facility
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2018
a typical day at work there is filled with frustration. No one should not want to come to work and/or feel that way at any time. Its just a constant struggle trying to get people to do their jobs! Very frustrating!
it was good untill managment changed
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2018
I used to enjoy working there because I was helping and working my community however when management changed it became very stressful working there. there was a flood of unexperienced nurses and nit enough care . seem to be more about getting people in and out instead of caring about what wrong
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
It was a very busy place to work ,but mangement was very disorganized. Management wouldn't pitch in to help Every person who was in charged was over worked. staff hardly come to work.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Not a good career start
Patient Access Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
If you are looking to learn and grow in your career this will be a wrong start. Unstructured and management seem to be in a play of power. I love the people I worked with and the low income Medicaid patients who constantly feel entitled. It was a real challenge.
Supportive
Clinical Staff Nurse II, Primary Care Center (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2018
United Medical Center has great potential in designing and implementing a community of healthcare professionals to serve and change the lives of high-risk population
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2018
medical biller and processed 2nd insurance payments
denial of insurance payments
follow up calls with insurance company for correct payment.
excl.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2018
Fast paced, learned few sign language,good management team, a great Multicultural environment to work in, death,the people you meet
teamwork..........
Pros
open door policy
Cons
short on supplies
Its a good place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Its a good place to work they trit you good not a hard job some time but thats every were have good medcal heath hailyday off and paid good staff to work with dont have noting to say
Teamwork
Floor Technician/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with my team during my time here. Its definitely an great experience. The staff are friendly and management are reasonable. I will miss working with them all. Its time for me to move on to something new and more stable.