United Methodist Homes Employee Reviews

Overall bad.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 12, 2018
I did not enjoy my time here. Residents were treated poorly, and the environment made me feel depressed. Nursing staff didn’t seem to like their job and were rude.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Attitudes
UMH provides premier service to clients but could treat employees better
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 7, 2018
Management needs to be totally transformed as well as corporate executives-lower level employees are boggled with work while corporate executives seem to have quite the leisurely workday.
Competetive Work Duties
Cook (Former Employee) –  Collingswood, NJMarch 27, 2018
Invested 7 years to a job that was once pleasurable, competitive, and mentally fulfilling. The frequent management turn-over, as well as continuous choice of insensitive, and inexperienced management personal made work environment very challenging.
Pros
ability to prepare food at own discretion
Cons
continual change in management expectations and job detail
taking care of patients needs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 19, 2018
caring for the needs of patients. working with other aides to bath and care for the patients assigned to us. most enjoyable was making a difference in a patients like at the home.
Good Employeer
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Upscale Nursing home in Broome county. Recommended for anyone looking for a flexible schedule. Friendly staff, good pay, benefits, such as paid time off, insurance,etc...
Pros
Weekend Program
Cons
Fun, yet challenging at times,
Educational Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 30, 2017
Enjoyed working here. the management was open to listening to the staff that worked directly with residents. There is a need to have patience to work with the number of issues the residents may bring with them.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
heart breaking when residents have to go back to places that were not best place.
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 13, 2017
Great place to work everyone is like family. Most family members are welcoming and supportive. Staff is understanding and supportive as well. Great enviornment.
Pros
Staff lunch provided every month
Cons
Not enough time to get things done at times.
Great culture for a Part-time job
Weekend Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 20, 2017
I've worked every other weekend and alternating holidays for over 17 years. It's a great part-time job. It's great interacting with the residents, signing them up for activities, day trips, etc.
Pros
Employee Christmas Gift from residents, and occasional free meal.
nice residents and good for first job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYAugust 30, 2017
Very fast paced and need to work thoroughly. Take negativity by employers or nurses or any one above you. the management their lacks due to the fact they are walked all over and don't listen.
Pros
good hours for a student
Cons
management and no benefits
Good starter job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 21, 2017
This was my first job. While my supervisors were very understanding throughout my time there, I felt I outgrew the environment and it was time for me to move on.
Pros
request time off
Cons
low pay, long days
the residents are the reason
Maintenance Associate III (Current Employee) –  Pitman, NJ 08071August 6, 2017
The residents are the reason I get up and go to work everyday and smile.Your day starts by getting your work assignments and heading out. It always has to do with the residents. Management leaves some to be desired but not all of them are hard to work with. The hardest part of your job is to try and not become super attached to any of the residents. One of the most enjoyable for me is the smile on their faces when you do even the smallest thing for them
Excellent environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 2, 2017
A great expericnce. Nice people to work with.You get to meet alot of people from different backgrounds.You have to like talking with people and having conversations.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJune 27, 2017
Crosby commons of United methodist homes is a great place to work for. All of the staff is great and we all take great care of our residents, while having fun.
productive and fun workplace
CNA/Med Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 8, 2017
it pretty busy at times, I always learn something new dealing with my residents day to day. Management can communicate a little better but over all its a good place to work at.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Health care
Summary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Collingswood, NJJune 7, 2017
United Methodist is a small community with great structural system to care for the residents. The people that work the have been there for years so the residents are well kept.
fun workplace
Activity volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tunkhannock, PAApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. It was alot of fun to spend time and make friends with the older people. They were all so much fun to be around. Just volunteering there was lots of fun, I could only imagine how fun working there everyday would be!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Opportunity for Growth
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 2, 2017
The opportunities for growth are definitely there! The benefits are great. I always enjoy conversing with the residents. Very warm friendly work atmosphere. They are always renovating and thinking of new ways to make the facility feel like the residents "actual home".
Pros
Rate of pay, work/family balance, quality of care for residents
Cons
Micro managed
The residents are wonderful and so is the staff
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newton, NJMarch 8, 2017
I love working here, always learning something new. I work in the Alzheimers unit, and in Assisted living. The staff is a lot of fun.
Our DON is terrific. The facility is beautiful.
A Wonderful work place
CNA (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 7, 2017
A wonderful place to work, the employees are treated very well and the residents receive the best care in the world. I learned that we are all to be treated equal no matter where we come from, no matter our aliments, no matter our disability. Management was excellent, the workplace was clean, beautiful. The hardest part of job is heavy lifting, loss of life, and demand. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions with the staff and residents.
Pros
Interactions with residents and giving the best care you can give
Cons
heavy lifting and demands
Team Working Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CtJanuary 31, 2017
I worked the 11 to 7 and 7 to 3 shift. Assisting residents with their needs was rewarding. Pleasant place to work. Working with many different people was challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Methodist Homes. Our community is ready to answer.