United Network For Organ Sharing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Progressive organization with great workplace culture
Technology Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2018
I rank UNOS very high on my list of "best companies." At the time, the training team consisted of two people who took every opportunity to grow and advance organ allocation and technology education. Although the team needed a nudge to bring it into the 21st century, UNOS now offers a robust training program for its transplant and organ procurement coordinators throughout the United States.

I was fortunate enough to work for one of the most professional and sincere managers in my career. She valued the team and always remained positive even when some projects became very stressful. The entire IT team was very collaborative. I was always allowed to be creative and think out of the box when designing training materials as I recall.

UNOS also has the best employee after work activities. Each year they have a departmental potluck representing different themes where employees walk the floors sampling foods and cultural festivities. Some of those displays looked like something out of Martha Stewart magazine.

And who gets to sit with a CEO of a company and recommend that Earth, Wind, and Fire perform to raise awareness about saving lives? I did!

Great team and outstanding work!
Pros
Attractive workplace environment, great web and intranet sites, positive team
Cons
Better organization needed in some areas
Horrible!
IT Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaAugust 22, 2017
Poor management, excessive micro managing, and in general a dead end position. Be prepared to deal with issues that previous managers won't touch and to get thrown under the bus for trying to do your job. Essentially, this organization does not know how to improve nor does it want to improve. They want to look at metrics though they have no idea what they are looking at. No future here despite what they say. Avoid this place at all costs!!
Pros
Good co workers and deli downstairs, free parking
Cons
Management, leadership, and no advancement, poor HR, executives, and managers.
Exciting work, exciting position, only mild complaints
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time very much at UNOS, it was one of the best careers I ever had. Unfortunately, family issues dictated my relocation and UNOS does not offer modern remote employee options. This is because their HR staff and systems are inadequate and far behind any modern company trend. It is only because of HR that this company doesn't get a perfect review from me. I loved the organization's mission, values, culture, and job content. I was very satisfied with my department and had the opportunity to work with the best manager of my entire career. It is an absolute shame I could not continue my tenure there, but I would re-apply there in a heartbeat if I ever found myself back in Richmond.
Pros
Excellent 401k matching, amazing mission, co-workers are genuine, volunteer opportunities, exciting ventures that grow organization
Cons
Slightly lower compensation rates compared to other industries, HR is antiquated
Lots of cliques, brown nosing is rampant
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 10, 2016
Loved the mission,however, this non profit likes to call itself 'company '. I don't understand why???
People in management positions are so useless that they don't recognize new ideas unless it's there's.
All of a sudden, boss awakens from 20+ years slumber that what they were focusing was inconsequential. Took all credit for themselves. Shame less.
Glad I'm not with hypocrites.
Mission is awesome
Review Board Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23219November 28, 2016
I support the companies mission to save lives and increase organ availability. A typical day is submitting urgent cases for candidates who need live saving organs. Management and co-workers are supportive on most occasions. The hardest part of the job is realizing that we don't have enough organ donors to save lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is the honor to sit before organ transplant recipients and hearing their story from pre-transplant to post transplant.
Management is Terrible
DEQ Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 27, 2013
The company is poorly organized with most of its funds going to IT who are largely unproductive. Promotions are given to JD's regardless of their experience or ability to manage people. They penny pinch when it comes to travel reimbursements and if you work 60 hours one week you still have to work 40 the next with no overtime. Performance reviews are perfunctory and useless. They have constant money troubles and could lose their federal contract at any time. Staff is constantly worried that they will be fired or the company will go under.
Our work Saves Lives.
Various (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 5, 2013
Good opportunity to work in a mission and values culture. Teams are hard working and continuosly improving to support the organizations goals.
Interesting place to work
External Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 3, 2013
Overall my learning experience with Nestle Purina was to learn to cross-train with several different departments. And to make sure that you keep personal and business separate.
Good mission and place to work
EXTERNAL RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2013
This non-profit organization has a great mission. We work everyday to save lives through the placement of organs for donations and transplantation.
Productive environment
Living Donor Site Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2013
quality oriented, goal focused office environment.
Travel once a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Network For Organ Sharing. Our community is ready to answer.

United Network For Organ Sharing Reviews by Job Title