United Personnel Employee Reviews

No job security
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 15, 2019
Worst company I have worked for. Management lacks the support to their employees. No job security, after working with them I found out my role was a temporary role to never become permanent within the company.
working for them
Various Temp Assignments (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 14, 2019
United Personnel in Springfield Ma does not get back to you or while you are on a job assignment they take forever to answer questions. You are not hired for the job you were told about, it always turns out to be different. Management won't return calls or emails
Excelling
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 2, 2019
It was really professional and very competitive when it came to pay rates. I'd love to wok with the agency once more and stay for sure with the agency because they were very good to me and I had a family emergency that inquired for me to be present.
Pros
Secured 40 hours weekly at a good pay rate.
Nothing negative to say.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2019
Nothing negative to say about the agency. They were proficient at getting me Temporary positions when available but very few opening for Full time temp to hire positions.
Very helpful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 19, 2019
The women here are united personnel are great they help with anything they can to get you the job that you are seeking for or the seats of training that you need for obtaining the position they call you they give you options very pleasant place to work
good management
Warehouse Associate at Smith and Wesson (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 23, 2019
For a temp agancy they arnt bad. In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty
they are good
boxer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 19, 2018
Untied personal is not a bad place to work for its a company and they do really well finding a job that works with your hours.they always pay fair, and care about your needs
Good for finding temp to hire positions
Machine Operator/Warehouse/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 17, 2018
They helped me find a temp to hire position. They placed me at several warehouse positions before finding a good fit. I operated machines and forklifts for most of my positions.
Pros
They helped me find a temp to hire position.
Cons
I always had to contact them, they rarely contacted me with openings.
Temp assignment
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 3, 2018
This was a temp assignment while I was there. They did not really work on my behalf in regards to keeping me assigned to meaningful work. They were on focused on filling the low paying assignments, while I was aware they had higher paying ones available.
Very nice work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 2, 2018
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone one of my friends. There is only one thing that I wish they can improve on, and that is communication with their candidates, I haven't heard from anyone in month's.
Pros
Pay is very competitive
Cons
No communication
Good & Bad
Bolt Action Assembler - Smith & Wesson (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 13, 2018
They have companies like Yankee candle that they try to work with you. Give you good consideration. But if you get to S&W you have the chance of not getting that job for at least 3 years.
Poor job security
Pros
Get your foot in the costumer company
Cons
Get the the job tittle could take forever...More than 3 yrs
good hours and flexable shifts
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAMay 25, 2018
United Personnel is great for starting off and getting your foot in the door. While it is temporary you can work there for 7-8 months straight before being layed off. The hours are very good and if you like the job you can apply to the home company and get a pay boost if they accept you. There are 5 different shifts to pick from as well including weekends.
Pros
easy to get in, good hours
Cons
short breaks
You get hired on the spot
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 27, 2018
I think that they help people to find something to do, when nothing else is opening up for them. They have flexible working hours, instead of just one time. You can choose what shift you want to pick up. It give you the opportunity to find another job, if you want to do that. The staff is very easy to get along with, and they try to fit in hard worked in slots, when there is not much work left for them to do.
Pros
They give us free stuff from the company
Cons
We have more than one breaks
Temp Job
Smith & Wesson, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 6, 2018
This was a temporary position. There wasn't much room for growth. Pay was very small for the amount of labor required. Management did not always organize smartly.
United Personnel
Secretary / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2018
This is a placement company. An applicant will be assigned according to their skill with different employers for temporary jobs. I was not in a position to be looking for permanent full-time employment during this period of my life.
Pros
Flexible hours, pick and choose employment
Cons
No benefits
Terrible placement
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 21, 2018
UP has the same position I worked at the same time last year posted and it’s a horrible job.
The employer (a large manufacturing company) treats its employees (especially temp ones) like garbage.
good job
Operated sealing machine
Operated pallet jack
always have a job
good mangement
Not a good comany to work for
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 18, 2018
I understand that temp agencies need to make money from the people they place, but taking more than half is a bit much. I was working for $7.30 an hour only to find out that they were making $7.70 for every hour that I worked. They also wouldn't fight for people to be hired full time instead people would be at a place for more than two years making a lot less than people around them doing the same job. That is just pitiful.
Pros
If I find one I will let you know
Cons
Just about everything
fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2018
This was overall a good job, i enjoyed working for them. The work day always went by quick because your constantly busy. I would highly recommend a family or friend to consider working for United Personnel.
pretty simple job. bad work enviroment.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MADecember 14, 2017
I should have known something was up when I got the job just by showing up for the "interview" literally....handed me W2 forms and a pay card as soon as I sat down. Asked me if I could take orientation that day. Started that night!! I was shown what to do...pretty simple, take skidded product band it ,shrink wrap it, label it, and put it in a staging area. Then give them skidded materials they needed as they needed them. Here's the glitch...nobody spoke english!! I had to deal with hand signs, showing me the boxes they needed which looked the same but some had different product writing WHICH is hard to tell as the product was coming and going from the second floor!! also told from the start no more than 8 hrs a day but you are required to work 6 days and encouraged to work 7. Then knowing that I was the ONLY person doing this job and seeing it posted on Indeed 2 1/2 months after I started......I knew it was over. When you had questions for anybody at United the answer was always the same...I don't know, I'll have so and so get back to you...never happened. not a good experience.
Pros
The end of my shift
Cons
The beginning of my shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.