United Protective Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst security company in the world!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2018
40.00 every check for a uniform!
Turnover rate is super high, had 3 different supervisors within 3 months!
Rude management and they dont support you they support the clients and they will believe a lie even when you have the evidence that provides the truth.
Your best bet is to work 3rd shift no one bothers you so you can work and go home with peace!
Pros
The money is good
Cons
Everything else about the company is a con
It was a relaxing job just a little far
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
The job started off as a great job and i was really comfortable with the pay rate but then after while management start treating you as if they dont care about them employees
Pros
Relaxing post
Cons
Bad management
professional company
Security Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079April 27, 2018
Contracts a lot of high and mid rise buildings, leading the Houston industry. Very professional company, reliable personal and growing very fast with more new contracts.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
no direct deposit
Kids Job
Front Desk Concierge / Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
This job would be great for someone right out of High School or while going through college. You get enough to survive off of if you already have a place to live and don't have a lot of bills. Not so much for someone that is trying to support a family because of the cost of living. The pay is low and you don't get paid vacations because their idea of a paid vacation is to give your anniversary check and that is it. Also they don't give you paid time off when you ask for a day off. If you want a pay raise they could send you off to a different location or use you as a bargaining chip to raise the contract prices.
Pros
Great work for a single person
Cons
No Pay raises, No Time Off, No Paid Vacations, Can't support your family
Solid Crew
Field Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2018
Nothing but good things to say really about the company. The job was nice, the people were great. This was a temporary job for me so I was only there for a year, but it flew by as a field training officer.
This company is a real joke!
FTO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2018
They do not do a background check on their employees and they call them security officers. Apply if you enjoy working with convicted felons or not to worry if you are one as well.
Ok at first
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
This was a great company to work for at first. You have different posts you get put at since they do contract security so different posts have different pay and managers. I didn't have an issue until I had to file a complaint on my post manager and then was pretty much told to either suck it up or quit because if I wanted to move forward with the complaint I would loose my job anyways.
productive
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
I wasn't long enough with the company due to school. I didn't. have issues with them. I would recommend anyone to work with them since they offer benefits like health insurance including dental.
Productive work enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Clock in by calling dispatch and sign my name and time on a time sheet. Head out to patrol premises on golf cart or on foot. Management was poor and ineffective changing the rules unexpectedly and work long hours. I got along well with coworkers and worked together to solve problems. Hardest part was long working hours, low pay and poor management. I enjoyed working with coworkers solving problems on the site.
Love The Company
Security Officer, Fto (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 22, 2018
UPS is a great company to work for. They value There employees, If you work hard and put in extra hours and prove your willing to work you will advance quick in the company.
Pros
Relaxed easy chill posts
Cons
Insurance sucks, No Paid sick time and only 1 week vacation
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2018
If you enjoy a job that isn't boring or everyday this is the place for you! This job is great for a first time manager, the work culture can be very stressful due to the high turnover rate of security staff.
Pros
Fast paced
Good Company
Commissioned Security (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2018
Good Company and sites available. Accommodates and is understanding with site concerns and location request. I would recommend company for entry level work.
The management was horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Management would preach "do as I say, not as I do" unfair and unfavorable environment, which is why the management team was fired. No room for advancement.
Pros
4 day work schedule
Cons
Unfair management
Horrible experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The work was easy and relaxed but the on-site supervisor was horrible.He was rude with not only the employees but also the clients. I truly believed that he had a problem with women working in the security field.
It's a great place for certain people
Security Officer for Dallas Cowboys (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 10, 2018
It really can be a great place to work for certain people.
Upper management focuses on contracts and not it's employees.

But other than that as long as you have a good head on your shoulders this can be a great job.

If you can not manage yourself you will not survive here.
Pros
Good people, Good hours.
Cons
Slow advancement. No raises.
Security Guard Job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Set shift work, relaxed environment. Management is easy to get along with and doesn't micromanage. Normal day is monitoring cctv cameras as well as logging facility operations and foot patrol.
Pros
Pay, Management is friendly enough
Cons
Shift Work
Job
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Low pay, pay with checks, no direct deposit; poor hiring process; training is minimum; lots of employee performance issues; minimum training for security officers
Extremely poor management-oklahoma city
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2018
Having to pay $40.00 a paycheck for uniform rental is a perfect example of the company making money off its officers.

Scheduling was extremely poor because I never got a set work hours, often worked seven days a week and rarely had back to back days off. Many schedule conflicts with two and three officers showing up at same site.

long length between paydays, some as long as four weeks.

short shifts of 6-7hours would have officers working 7 days a week
Pros
short shifts of 5-7hours
Cons
$40.00 uniform rental per paycheck
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXFebruary 6, 2018
was a great place to work relaxed not hard at all management was great nothing hard about it at all miss it wish I could go back the company is a great place to work for
Good Place to Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This was a good company to work for because the Managers took the time to talk with you about your duties. They also had Supervisors that would come by and check on you on the night shifts. They also had a dispatcher that we called every hour to make sure we were on duty and safe.
Pros
Permanent schedule
Cons
wish I could have stayed with them, new security company I work for does not do these things