United Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Run from this place unless you love stress.
None (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 13, 2018
I should have known what this place was going to be like on my first day, when I got there and they told me the other tech quit/was let go. I never did any HR paperwork or training, they put me right to work (which is fine). They say they have over 25 years in security, what that means is they have put security guards at desks for 25 years! They have no clue how to run an access control job, and now I know why they can't keep Techs. They finally hired a guy and he had no access control background, so everything still fell on my shoulders. This is by far the worst company to work for. They say they have an attractive benefits package, that's a joke!! They don't give any vacation until after your there a year, no 401K, very few holidays, and on holiday's upper management get some that the workers don't. So if I were anyone looking to work here, I say run fast and far.
Pros
Nothing good about working here!!
Cons
Everything about working here!!
United Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 17, 2018
The company sucks! Management is very rude and doesn’t care about the employee’s. They are always down your back about stupid stuff. They don’t know how to talk not treat people with respect.
Pros
Wages
Working for United Security
US Mashal security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
This is a great job. Ofiicers work together as unit. Police, Corrections, Court Officers that have retired are one of the best people I have ever met. They preform their job duties with respect and dignity. I worked the 3x11 tour in various hosptails and medical centers. What I learn about about working under United Security is the professionalism from other officers who have taught me how look for anything suspicious during my tour of duty. Like for example watching inmate every hour on the clock. Checking for visitors who might come up to the hospital to visit an inmate. The most important thing is check for information on who can receive or make phone calls durning their stay at the hosptail. This is very important working for United Security. As a once New York City Correction Officer (retired), I preformed the same duties that were more stressful than ever during my 25 years of employment. I was was 12 years (2003-2015) with the Transportation Divison. My job duties were to transport inmates across state lines and to bring them to and from court in shackles.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Good environment but bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2018
United overall is not that bad of a company, but the management is horrible. There isn’t a lot of overtime either. One thing I can say about United is that they will find a post close to your home which is very good.
Great start up for beginners in security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 9, 2018
The company is decent. Great for people looking for something to do or need a little extra money. The company starts you off as a part-timer or floater before ever becoming full time. Depending on the site location, the pay varies.
Pros
Paid vacation after a year working full time
Cons
hardly any coverage
Worst company to work for.
Road aupervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge side galleria.November 19, 2017
The company is unorganized. Upper management have no idea what they are doing. They have no regard for your well being. Small company that isn't going anywhere. No advancement opportunities. The pay is way less than you should be receiving. They don't give company vehicles and require that you use your personal to drive everywhere and give a hard time about travel pay. Not worth working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything, no travel pay, no advancement oppertunities.
Decent company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 12, 2018
Good job, part of a union. Secure job. Not enough opportunities for advancement though. Pay is decent, very boring however, not much to do during the shift.
Great place to work with this security company
Supervisor on 09/2016 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115July 28, 2018
I am satified with this security job even though it is my part time. This company has lots of sites around multiple cities and you will get to work on your flexible hours.
Average Security Job
Security Guard/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 4, 2017
Daily duties were always the same. The management did not remember schedules or have enough backup for absent employees.
The best part of the job was the Company who we contracted with. The employees were friendly and the company always included the Security Guards in company events.
Pros
Free lunches and Holiday meals
Cons
No breaks, no sick pay, no vacation pay and no benefits.
Cool work environment, lowkey and quiet
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2018
Security is a great line of work for people with flexible hours and an interest in not so hands on jobs. With united security a full work day consisted of coming in 15 minutes before your scheduled time to relieve the officer on duty and allow them to leave for the day. Depending on what location your stationed in determines what exactly your role will be, some guards act as receptionists, details or even special security guards.
Muy buena compania
Guardia de seguridad (Former Employee) –  Moca Municipio, PRJuly 26, 2018
Esta compania es muy buena y son como una familia comprenden al empleado
Pros
Son flecibles
Cons
Tardan en pagar
excellent company to work for
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 27, 2018
United Security Inc is one of the best companies i have worked for. The Senior Management team is very professional, understandable and family oriented.
No comment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2017
I have no comment where this company is concerned, Its an ok place to work. There is no benefits (medical or dental) No job security and management is okay,
Not recommandable
Fireguard/security (Current Employee) –  1550 S IndianaMarch 9, 2018
I will not recommend this job because they do not pay what they are advertising, they lose hours for employees around holidays, i have not had work three weeks at a time with this company, i am not able to pay any bills, or get any thing finical done because i barely receive any working days.
Pros
Cons
not enough hours and pay grade is terrible
Private Security Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellmore, NYOctober 16, 2013
USI is on the lower end of Private Security Companies. They are a small player in the area of Federal Government Contracting. Mostly sub-contract work to a primary contract security company of larger scale and annual profits. Management is lacking and V.P. of Operations struggles to fulfill his obligations for the role. I think this is mostly due to his inexperience in the government sector.
Pros
Cons
Work load is extremely heavy 24/7 with little or no support, pay and compensation are on the low end
Security officer role
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAMarch 15, 2018
requires sitting
securing bcbs front desk
giving out badges
obtaining id, or drivers licenses
Allowing and denying access to the building
Record all visitors, and contractors
clean, great work enviorment
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2015
I worked at center for life science. A typical day would be productive to say the least, rotating post every 2 hours gives the job a refreshing feel. Weather its multi-tasking at the security desk to greeting tenants as well as guest at the podium or being on tour there is always something going on. Interacting with people is the best part. I come from a customer service background so it was easy to fit in. The building itself is beautiful and very modern. I really got a v.i.p sense of confidence while working there. Overall good experience.
Pros
dress sharp, great benefits and pay, good team members
Cons
overnights can be a real drag
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 21, 2017
It was observing monitors and assisting guest. Shift Reports
Issues keys.
It was a balance place ..No fast pace , no slow
Good people
Good Managemente
Political
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 5, 2017
I worked for USI For 11yrs I loved working for them. When new management came in and decided to get rid of people to make room for people that they knew I was thrown out like last week's trash no regard to loyalty or dedication
the enviorment was very negative and unsafe
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 3, 2017
harassment every day made a person feel very uncomfortable. management isn't helpful in solving issues and no place to have lunch and working in unhealthy environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about