United Site Services Employee Reviews

I hated my time with USS
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2019
Poorly guided training, right arm knows nothing of left arm. No plans, guidelines or expectations set. Houston rep with Dallas Manager who I never saw except once when he came to write me up for information he received from an equal level employee.

It was a cold day when the boss called me to Dallas from Houston solely for the purpose of terminating me.
Pros
Sales Training I received in Boston
Cons
My direct management and trainer with a mission to ruin an opportunity for me.
Decent pay, Upper managment is poor
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 7, 2019
United Site Services has excellent management at the local and area level. Regional and Corporate level management is poor and out of touch with the actual operation of a branch.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Great work culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 6, 2019
I am please with my day everyday when I come home from work. Staff and management are all on the same page. Expectations are made clear from the begining and good training is provided before you are fully upheld to the standards. Hardest part of the job is notating everything into the system but after a few months it is easy.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 4, 2019
Great place to start out. Provides great work experience learning a lot about customer service and order management. Also provides training and re-training of staff for an efficient outcome
Pros
Trainings, overtime and remote work availability
Cons
workload at peak periods
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 4, 2019
I would not recommend anyone to work at this place because even though the pay was okay, that was the only benefit. The worst part of the job was the management.
pump poo
service technician (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 25, 2019
drive pump truck pump poo and clean port a potties 60 to 70 a day The management has no clue as to how the jobs git done. and do nothing to help when short handed
Pros
Cons
poo
Not concerned with employees
employee (Former Employee) –  westborough, maFebruary 14, 2019
As far as benefits go, decent enough company. Pay is much too low for all but upper management. Even though company is growing, raises are laughable. Very little opportunity for advancement/promotion. HUGE turnover. They'd rather hire temp employees and let them go after 3 months than keep good people and pay them appropriately. HR is unresponsive or just doesn't care. Expected to work either long hours with no acknowledgement or perform 50-60 hours of work in a 40 hour work week. Bonuses are a joke. Lots of talk, very little follow through. Employee surveys given, but no changes made.
Pros
Decent benefit package
Cons
poor pay
poorly managed company
driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 31, 2019
THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE! It is so disorganized starting from the management to the dispatch.Old equipment as well as there fleet,I would not refer any one to work for this company.
Pros
weekly pay check
Cons
everything
Terrible place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Extremely low tech environment, computers and software not updated in years, productivity hampered by poor support. Trucks in barely drivable condition, unsafe, outsource repairs to unqualified mechanics. No raises for most staff in three years. Benefits very expensive. CEO and VPs constantly changing, overpaid, billions of $ in profit doesn't "trickle down". Buys mom & pop shops to squash competition. Entire leadership team has questionable decision making, no ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis, fired many hardworking employees from the branches on Christmas. Management has little regard for employees who are dealing with furious customers not being provided the service they pay for. The entire goal of this company seems to be to run as cheaply as possible before they sell to United Rentals. There are other companies hiring, don't waste your time on this one.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Leadership
Fast paced, fun and rewarding
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 18, 2019
I loved my job and miss it. My supervisor was amazing, fair and helpful. Great atmosphere and stressful in a good way. I was able to gain much needed knowledge and opportunity was vast.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Extremely busy
great place to work
Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Good people, good industry. The only drawback is compensation. There are capped salaries and commission. You can make a good living and if you don't mind a plateau after 3 years then you will get along fine. Otherwise it is a great reference on your resume after 3-4 years when you decide you want more.
Pros
job stability
Cons
capped earnings
ok work, flexible schedules
Night Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 12, 2019
be flexible with the schedules. summer hours can be stable then come winter hours change again. no requirements to be in at a certain time. stay till all tasks complete despite work hours
Pros
summer unbelievable overtime
Cons
inconsistent hours
Very fast paced
RVP Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 10, 2019
During the busy season employees are expected to work 12 to 15 hours per day. Very fast paced with the majority of the work coming in the summer and fall months
Poor management
Fence Installer (Former Employee) –  Modesto caNovember 26, 2018
United Site services can be good place to work. It depends. There is a few branches that are bad branches to work for and this is one of them. Favoritism plays a huge roll at this branch. You will be disrespected and harrased depending how management and management friends are feeling. I hope this helps.
Pros
New fence.
Cons
Management.
Rude, Careless, Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 13, 2018
Never had the "customer is always right" attitude, fought with customers daily about trivial questions and concerns. Management was careless and rude. Most employees were never taken seriously when expressing their concerns.
Fast paced collaborative work environment
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 12, 2018
People are friendly and the work is complicated but not difficult. A lot of time is spent on training new employees and supervisors are always available for questions. The work is fast paced and occasionally stressful but there's always something to keep you busy.
Pros
There were a few sponsored lunches in the short time I worked there
Cons
The hours are not ideal and it can be quite stressful, Also the cafeteria is only open for lunch for the early shift.
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Specialist - Government Sales (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 10, 2018
The other Inside Sales team members are great to work with, all are willing to help while also learning. Management gets caught up in too many meetings and then fails to communicate with the team properly. To get proper answers, a sales team member must think of a solution and get an opinion of another team member to see if it is ok/makes sense.
No advancement, no changes to improve archaic systems, ideas have to come from the top.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 26, 2018
Good benefits at USS but frustrating place to work where you can’t make changes or help improve even though it is needed all around you! 3% raises after 2 years unless you get a new job offer elsewhere.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Long time without raises!
overwhelming but great
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 24, 2018
It was a great experience very fast paste it does get overwhelming a bit but nothing you cant handle. Great training teachers and very understanding mangers. Loved the job!
Upper management has they're favorites and applies company guidelines where & when they see fit. Who's monitoring upper management?
Fence Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 19, 2018
Regardless of my bad comments, I truly did enjoy working at USS but after about 1 year working there, I realized that I was never truly going to get full control of that yard as a Supervisor like I was asked to by HR.

I couldn't do the job I was hired to do because I never received the support from HR nor Upper Management. But, when things went wrong, I was held accountable. What, Really?
"I Simply became a baby sitter for that yard".

In addition, the old employees there are always trying to get the new employees fired. Especially when you hold the old employees accountable, like a Supervisor's supposed to.

And it worked, what a trip?
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Long hours, management favoritism & company guidelines loosely followed and applied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Site Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8