UNITED SKATES OF AMERICA AND AFFILIATED RINKS

UNITED SKATES OF AMERICA AND AFFILIATED RINKS Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. Enjoyed working their but the hours depend on if they are open at that time or not. hours depend on availability. Fun job to have for the meantime.
Pros
Discounts, Free skating
Cons
Hours are sometimes inconsistent
First job I worked at. Great sense of purpose and was a fairly easy job. Management doesn’t really hold people responsible unless you get one that actually cares. Training is not great but same as management if you get a trainer that cares you will do great things. Overall company is amazing. So much needs to be improved though. Pay needs work as we are doing a lot more than a job that gets paid minimum wage and more appreciation and respect needs to be given to employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, high pace, rude customers
Fun and friendly coworkers and accessible upper management make this a great place to work! Customer Service can be tricky and exhausting but with a team like we have we always help each other lighten the load.
I enjoyed work for united skates so much. They had an excellent training program and I worked up to assistant manager. Usa has an outrageous customer service that is not matched by any company
Pros
flexible schedule fun party atmosphere free skating
Cons
I have been working there for 5 years, so clearly they are doing something right and I love being there. The rink is my second home. Even on my days off, I still find myself back at the rink to skate and be around coworkers.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
At first this Company might seem clean & Family fun but a closer look behind the scenes are a bunch of Corporate Hacks, taking advantage of minors, cutting corners and stealing bonuses from Manager's by figeting the numbers all the time as they see fit. Basically a cheaper and dishonest version of Chucky Cheese wannabes who have little to no morale and respect for their staff.
The work environment is high stress and very disorganized. The customers are quite rude at times and there is always a crowd. The staff is very young for the most part.
The manager is a simple minded unprofessional person who does not treat employees fairly! It's the most unorganized & disfunctional employer I've ever dealt with. She'll work w/ u on availability by just giving u no hours & then paying u what they want but not for the hours u worked & blaming corporate & the computers! Horrible Job Don't work here Beware!! They don't clean skates or handguards and lie to customers
My location is run by rowdy teenagers with absentee managers who hire their family and have conflicts of interest while running the business. All team and managers are only there to collect a paycheck, no actual work is done.
Pros
1 free drink at cafe, carefree management
Cons
everything else
It’s a great place to interact with people of different cultures, and races. I really love working their because of how much fun you can have if you put in the time and effort and get to know the people around you. You can work their and have fun and still make decent money but too me it’s more about me enjoying what I do instead of the benefit.
Pros
Fun, friendly, safe, and clean
Cons
In this job you are expected to do everything there. They are very penny and dime in regards to everything. During the time I was there, we went through at least 75 staff in a year. Very poor management and absolutely NO employee-manager trust (they have cameras all over the place to watch their employees)
Definitely a great first or second job. They are flexible with hours and will create more hours for times when they are not open. I enjoyed my time working here and management always keeps a spot open for you to return.
I didn't get to work very much when I worked there and got paid minimum wage. I'm trying to save for my future and with getting paid so little it makes it difficult to prepare.
I coordinated all schools, churches, and day cares for their fundraising events. Booked all STEM field trips, also went to schools to demonstrate our STEM program to schedule them. Also booked birthday parties for outside clients.
No organization... employees are unhappy and upper management doesn’t take care of staff or rink. No trust among employees and management. No advancement...
United Skates of America is a GREAT company! There are several managers and executive team members that have been with the company since they were 16 years of age or some over 40 years! They care about their employees.
Overall it wasn't a bad job the only thing is that the management could've been better and the amount of hours was not the best but it was a good job overall
United Skates is a very good place to for teens and adults. It’s a good start up job, I wouldn’t exactly say it’s a career but it is a stepping stone towards a career in this field.
I worked alot there. I did learn alot. But that's because management was good and would teach their staff how to improve. I moved up and managed for 1 year and gained good skills. But it's not worth it anymore.
Working at United Skates require high energy everyday. The environment in the rink is laid back at times but during the weekend it can be high paced. A lot of customer enteraction.
Fun work environment, fast paced, get to listen to music while working, getting paid to skate, managers are cool even though they yell a bit too much.