UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT Employee Reviews

Make a difference daily
(USAID) - Special Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2018
I enjoy working at USAID, everyday you leave work knowing that you have made a difference in the international world of development. The hours are long, but it doesn't feel that way when you are doing what you love.
Pros
Make a difference around the world
Competitive compensation and benefits
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 16, 2018
It’s a great place to work. They are taking good care of their employees by providing fair salary and good benefits plan. However, since it’s a government agency, the organization chart is quite flat and therefore, advancement usually takes a while.
Productive Cultrure
Investment Advisor, Power Africa (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2018
Excellent Staff - I would recommend the Agency to all people that seek to engage social productive goals and to provide unique skills to the missions in the countries.
Great Experience
Virtual Student Federal Service (Current Employee) –  at homeJanuary 18, 2018
I am an intern for the USAID Virtual Student Federal Service and my current project is 'Mapping at Risk Countries'. So we are given specific data mapping projects to finish in either a week or two, depending on the deadlines. This internship is great because I do not have to be there in person, so I can do the assignments around my school schedule. Admittedly, I did not have much prior background with mapping, which is sometimes a pain since it occasionally takes me longer to complete tasks. Nonetheless, the supervisors are all very helpful.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Requires some computer competency
USAID Indonesia
Program Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 31, 2017
I loved working for the UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT in Indonesia Program office. I would work there when the hiring freeze ends.
Still very new
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 17, 2017
This has been a reasonably positive experience. I am still rather new and therefore do not feel comfortable making any broad statements about how the agency is run.
n/a
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 31, 2017
Poor management and people of color of often looked over for positions that are given to less qualify non people of color. It is located in Washington DC.
Overall great work environment
SECURITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 27, 2017
Learned a lot about USAID great place to work, if I had the opportunity to advance and make more money would have possibly stayed at that location. Did not have the ability to grow at that position.
Challenging work enviornment with work in third world and conflict countries.
Director Policy Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
USAID OIG foreign service officers are assigned to one of 4 regional office and are required to be overseas most of their career. regional offices in Pretoria,South Africa; San Salvador, El Salvador; Frankfurt Germany; and Manila the Philippines. Work at each office involves extensive travel.
I enjoyed my time at USAID wish it was paid
Virtual Foreign Service Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20523August 30, 2017
I was a volunteer at USAID.

I wish the work was paid could have help a lot since I am indebted.

The job requires you to be enrolled in college.

My supervisor was nice to me.
Pros
Leg in to the State Department culture
Cons
Unpaid

Want to know more about UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT?

Ask a question
Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 6, 2017
Excitement work environment, Lean a lot about culture and people personality. Professional work environment. Hard time never come, if it come but never felt. I work almost in all section of HR office. All of them their own enjoyment and scope. interesting and all time was memory.
Pros
Refreshment
Cons
Award
A company that allows staff to achieve their full potential
Senior Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  JamaicaMarch 30, 2017
This company is interested in staff welfare and work/home life balance. this company provides many opportunities for staff training and development. This company participates in salary surveys and addresses compensation according to local situations. The leaders in this company are well trained.
Pros
bonus, unifom and lunch allowances
Government environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 20, 2017
Experience includes wide variety of documentation and projects, focusing on processes and procedures, network, platforms, cloud, and data center. It also incudes working alongside Content Subject Matter Experts document planning, drafting, revision, and distribution.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Many stops and starts in projects
Diverse workforce with a sense of global awareness
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 17, 2016
A dynamic place to work with many talented employees who are always striving to make others way of life better. We focus our approach through improvements in education, democracy and governance, health, technology, and economic development.
A really good place to work, excellent for travel opportunities
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 5, 2016
USAID maintains many job disciplines, all to serve their humanitarian and security missions. My days are filled with analyzing data, reviewing options and making recommendations. I also conduct training and customer service as system administrator.
Physical fitness room
IT Security Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  US Embassy KampalaJanuary 16, 2016
Agency provided fitness facility for staff. Regular staff retreats helped shared understanding of senior management vision and organizational strategy in running programs successfully. Management fostered collaboration through mentor-ship, talent management, knowledge management and staff care programs.
Financial Officer for Federal Government
Senior Financial Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2016
Great experience! Working for the mission of this agency allowed me to travel to Africa to see how US dollars are actually put to use for the betterment of the world.
Play soccer
Accounting Technician/Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Afghanistan-Kabul US embassyMay 13, 2015
The job was very wonderful there was a lot of on job training like out of the country, like Paris, Egypt, Bangkok, UAE, Hungary (Budapest) and also others in office training like Customer Service and Internal Control
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakfast
Front Office Admin OAPA
Front office Admin OAPA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2015
Overall it was a good place to work. The work itself was always changing and always interesting. Management was demanding but supportive. Deadlines were sometimes completely unrealistic. Long hours and a poor work life balance. The absolutely incredible quality of the staff make up for the long hours however. Happy hours and after work activities were frequent.
Pros
Dynamic place to work, great health benefits, wonderful people
Cons
long hours - 50 - 70+ depending on work load. poor work life balance
Amazing place to work
Voucher Examiner/Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Embassy of USA in Lima, PeruJanuary 27, 2015
Managed very complex cash reconciliation system for 5 countries (Peru, Brazil, Paraguay, Ecuador & Colombia), In charged of accounts payables and travel expenses. Friendly environment.
High level of professionalism with Managers and co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits, trainning and extra activities