UNITED STATES ARMY / ARMY RESERVE Employee Reviews

Treated unfair
Cargo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2019
I was hurt while serving active duty. The military really has no care for you once you can no longer do the task that you are assigned to. It’s very sad.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Having to travel
Terrible
(14H) Enhanced Early Warning Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 12, 2019
JOIN THE AIRFORCE its not worth the stress mental destructions guaranteed to be a drinker smoker dipper etc overall not a healthy place to work join the air force
Pros
Money
Cons
OWNED (Slave thats paid)
Great Experiences
Nutrition Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2019
My time in the Army was probably the best years of my life. I got to travel, meet new and interesting people and advance my career as a nutrition care tech. The trouble comes from trying to balance a home life and the work life as you deploy, spend time in the field and work late nights. While the Army may not be for everybody, I highly recommend this job far anyone who is able to do it.
Military discipline
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 4, 2019
This profession will mentally and physically prepare you for anything in life and could be used as a tool to further your life/career beyond it. If gives you more insight about respect, discipline and integrity and what it means to have values/goals for a profession in the future. Overall it was a good life experience for me, you learn more about yourself and those in your unit - you all become a family. Depending on your mos (military occupational specialty) you can get promoted on your skills and knowledge. The only downside I think is deployment; you are away from your family and you're down range which is apart of your job.
Pros
Paid vacation days, promotions and better pay
Cons
deployments, always on call
Life experiences
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 1, 2019
Morning formation, go to assigned work location, perform duties, formation around 11 am for lunch, return to work, final formation sometime between 5 and 6 pm
Pros
Uniform provided
Cons
Everyone wears the same uniform
Worth it for some; not for everyone
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stewart, GAJanuary 28, 2019
The Army is a great place to grow, develop, and hone in on your skills. It will set you off well upon getting out and continuously focus on assimilating you into the civilian world.
Great way to build a career and add to your resume
UH-60 Blackhawk CrewChief (15T) (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 27, 2019
After spending 12 years in the Army NG I would have to say I would definitely do it again if I had a second chance to make the decision. I think I just got bored with it eventually.
Pros
Great career building experience.
Cons
You could be beheaded by ISIS.
Great means of networking and sharpening your skills
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Being apart of the worlds best organization has its ups and downs. Some days are really planned out, however, some days can turn into a real interesting show.
Would do it again if able.
Construction Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Enjoyed working with everyone in both of my companies. Would most definitely recommend the Army to anyone willing to change their life around. I would most definitely go back if I was able to.
i highly recommend
Petroleum Supply Specialist/ Veteran (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJanuary 17, 2019
army life is one you would have to experience to have a good understanding, it's a great place to advance your life, most people call it the first step to beginning your new life
Awesome place to work.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2019
If you’re looking for easy money free healthcare adventure then join the army. Comes with a free gym membership and even a personal trainer for you and your friends.
work
diesal mechanic (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAJanuary 11, 2019
working in the army is good. a lot of work but also you learn things you don't see yourself learning in normal basis. if you are married they help you with living expenses
Loved it, wouldn't do it again if my life depended on it.
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 10, 2019
The pay is incredible. The respect you get for what you're doing for your country is incredible. After "work", typically its mandatory for you to go and do a group workout which can last an hour or two. There are meetings occasionally which you may need to attend at 5 in the morning or some other random time. Overall, the pay and structure were great, but it felt impossible to have a life outside of the military.
Pros
Great pay, awesome benefits
Cons
No work-life balance
satisfactory
Fire Support Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJanuary 10, 2019
I would highly recommend the military to everyone and anyone that medically qualifies. great experience, learn alot about yourself and others. My experience is that its not always lolipops and sunshine but it is fulfilling work where you are making a different in peoples live
Hooah
35 G Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Devens, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Limited experiences in the company. Very accommodating to personal life and any academic ventures. Could use some improvement in getting information out but good.
Loved It
15TC (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 7, 2019
Loved every minute of this from BCT to My home unit. Anyone interested in the military should look at Army Reserve/ National Guard. It will change your life.
Great way to serve your country
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 6, 2019
It was a brief period of my life and I learned a lot about leadership and discipline. I think everyone should spend some time in military service, even if just for two years.
Stressful, cutthroat workplace that always keeps you on your toes.
11 Bravo Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 4, 2019
Majority nagative people who try to bring you down with them, a lot of diception and fake promises. Last minute task and missions with little notice, working on days off, and no care for personal life or responsibilities.
great organization
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GADecember 28, 2018
Being in the Military gives you a feeling you are apart of something greater than yourself. It is a great experience you meet a lot of great people and get hands on training and get to travel the world.
Pros
great benefits and travel
Cons
being away from home
Army
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 18, 2018
I lived being in the Army for the most part. I was bad at taking all of the junk off power hungry leaders but I too became one as well. Great place for advancement.
Pros
Honor and Privilege