United States Beef Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 23, 2018
Management was patient and mentored new staff. It was enjoyable. My manager worked with me to learn new responsibilities and always made me feel wanted and needed.
Uppers do not care about their managers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 14, 2018
If given the chance to work for US Beef Corp again, I would decline. This company does not care about their managers. They will work you till you either quit or die without reasonable compensation. I have never seen a company with such a high turnover rate of managers.
Pros
Free meals for managers and up
Cons
Horrible work environment
Decent place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 28, 2018
No work home balance. It was a great job at first with a lot of room for advancement. Unfortunately anyone can call and get you fired at anytime with no legitimate reason.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 11, 2018
It’s a great learning experience anyone interested in the customer service/management field. It’s a great career opportunity for advancement. I literally worked my way up from an entry level crew member, to running and owning my own store.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, rare
Great managers
Seasonal Hourly Crew, Arby's (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2018
I worked at an Arby's, so I was constantly on my feet running around for customers. I enjoyed learning how to make certain food items as a backline employee, and all the managers I worked with were very patient with me. I most enjoyed interacting with the customers as a cashier. The hardest part that I've worked on was trying to get orders out fast enough.
Pros
Half-price food, patient managers
Cons
Not really too much options to move up
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOOctober 18, 2017
Very poor management. All are extremely rude and yells. This is not professional at all. They are also discrimitory towards men. I would not recommend this job.
Slow paced and sneaky
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, MOOctober 10, 2017
Managers are rude and are unwilling to help employees. They berate employees in front of customers. Managers treat employees like they're stupid when they ask questions. They're super slow most of the time, so time passes slowly. Communication from manager to employee is extremely lacking. GM asked employee to take expiration sticker off of salad and hand it out to customer.
Pros
employee discounts of 50%
Cons
Slow, Rude managers, disorganized, lacking communication
Better than retail
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDJune 10, 2017
....At least in my experience. The higher level managers are preferable to those lesser ranking. I like being cross trained in every sector of the store. Pay better than retail. Custies can be aboniminable but look​ at the industry. I basically had to self start train myself. Just tossed to the drowning pool so to speak but 99.9% helped me the first few shifts. Breaks can be hard to procure even on 6 hour shifts. Time passes fairly quickly and this can be a starter for food service, cook experience. Nice employee meal deals.
Pros
Flexibility for small to full time hours, challenging, discount, active job
Cons
8.25 may yet be very low, fast paced hectic at times, be a quick learner
A highly stressful work place, with people that are great, but not as co-workers.
Store Closer (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMay 7, 2014
My review would be that I feel like they do not care about their employees, and therefore when I started to realize this, I begun to not care about being at work. The management doesn't help much, the employees don't care, the customers are mean, and I don't enjoy working here at all. I've been making minimum wage for 3 years now working in one of the most stressful jobs that there is, fast food-customer service. They do not pay their employees enough for the stuff they expect them to do. When you have to run 2-3 sometimes even 4 positions at a time, without much help, and then get yelled at because your doing it to slow or something goes wrong that's when the moral goes down, it makes everyone want to just get frustrated and leave. The best part about this job is that its made my stress tolerance go up, I can better handle angry people without getting angry myself and telling them off. My co-workers are typically nice people, I enjoy their company but when it comes to working I almost always have to redo what they've done just so I don't get in trouble later, this is also very stressful and I feel like their isn't much point to them being there to begin with if i'm just going to have to do it again later.
Pros
50% off (your food only) Free Tea.
Cons
30 min unpaid breaks.
Overworks employees with no time off ever.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 1, 2012
Do not recommend this as a permanent job option. I , by myself, had 26 stores to maintain and more to be added all over OK with no extra pay or any help or sick days or time off ever.
Pros
1/2 price meals
Cons
no breaks, sick pay or leave, time off ever and expeccted to work overtime with no exta pay

Want to know more about United States Beef Corporation?

Ask a question