United States Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Us cold
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTOctober 21, 2019
I loved working there. Wish I still was.
Hours are long and it can be stressful. Getting to know the drivers it's amazing there are so many different kind of people.
Micromanagement
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 7, 2019
If you like be micromanaged this is the place for you. Only thing good is the benefits. They will treat you like dirt to make there pockets fatter. Room for advancement is pretty much non Existent. It’s not worth it stay away there’s better things out there. Supervisors don’t help and just through you into a position and expect you to know what to do without proper training and get mad when you ask them a question.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanage Supervisors
This job is a prison
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 2, 2019
They brag about the money you make here when its not real money or grownman money. You never know what time youre gonna get off. The day could be slow you can still work 12hrs. Cameras everywhere like they dont trust their employees. Cold cold cold i wouldn’t recommend this for anybody unless yo want to go to paid prison.
Poor Mangement
CSR (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2019
Management is non exciting at this location. USCS as a whole is a good company just not at the Fresno Ca location. Very poor, a typical work day would be to hide and try to do your job without getting discipline office is full of drama and none of it professional all outside of workplace drama. Office management is horrible I wouldn't recommend this place at all.
Poor management
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 20, 2019
I got sick and they treated me very wrongful and horribly. Fired me because I was hospitalized . Do not.work for them unless u dont cRe about yourself
Good Team Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 18, 2019
Every one like to work on a team and get the duties done at time and we have 15 minutes breaks in between and we get to use uniforms to protect us from the cold
So-so workplace
Senior System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJSeptember 16, 2019
Highly discriminatory.

I have been told many things over the years.
Things such as:
"You should retire and give someone else a job."
"There is no such a thing as Seniority."
"You should never stop looking [for another job]."
"Perception is everything."
"We are a privately-owned company. We can do what we want."
There is definitely something wrong.
warehouse enviornment with cool to very cold temperatures
Warehousmen (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2019
working here is just like working in any other warehouse, the biggest thing for me was the temperatures that we work in. management is knowledgeable friendly, and most of all fair. raises come frequently and there is the opportunity to learn more and move around. nice benefit package, vacation and paid time plus setting you up with an 401k plan in which the company matches your contributions.
Pros
paid time off, benefits, gift cards for being safe, holiday gifts and dinners
Cons
cold environment
Great Company
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, UTSeptember 6, 2019
Great Company. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years for training and other purposes. Great culture in the work place. Great people to work with. Great benefits.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 6, 2019
I feel it was a great place to work the only reason I'm not there now is I moved from Pender County to Pamlico County and it was to far to drive everyday at least 2hr drive there n back home. But great job nice people. Wish they where closer I would still be part of they team.
Pros
All the hours u can get
Cons
Its very very cold
good benefits
Warehouse /Forklift /Battery Changer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 5, 2019
I appreciate the benefits provided at this company. Also the job security. I was out on medical leave for a couple of weeks, and I thankfully didn't have to worry about being fired.
Great Company
Forklift Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILAugust 28, 2019
Amazing company to work for.. The only bad thing I can say is that the overtime is aggressive, consistent, and mandatory.. This is going to be challenging at times .. The great pay can help you feel better about the overtime but even then it can be too much at times.
Pros
Great Health Care, Great vacation and PTO (Paid Time Off), Consistent Overtime, Bonus available for work productivity
Cons
Overtime is consistent and aggressive it can be very challenging a lot of times
Poor decision
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 27, 2019
You get lied too from the door at the interview. They tell you your going to have to work some overtime to turn around and have you working seven days a week 12hr shifts on third shift. This is why the turn around rate is so high and there is always a job fair every other month. Third shift lead is very disrespectful, rude, liar.
Bad work place
Reach lift operator (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 20, 2019
Managers are very lazy and have very bad attitudes. There is a lot of segregation between managers its very much like being in high school all over again. No matter how hard a person works it's all about who you know there not the work ethic like it should be. There is way to much favoritism going on at this job as well
This job is really good at what they do
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazle Township, PAAugust 19, 2019
They show how to drive a forklift and teach you every step they show how to fill trucks and pick and how to count how many boxes each row has per pallet
I loved this job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2019
I loved my job of 12 years with this company. The staff to the customers were all great. Excellent benefits. Great work atmosphere there! I hated to leave.
Easy job but bad management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILAugust 13, 2019
Job is easy but management does everything backwards. Decent pay with really good insurance. Uses LMS system for performance. Uses crown forflifts. They give away free stuff and buys lunch often.
Wouldn't recommended if a life outside of work is wanted.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILAugust 9, 2019
Upper management doesn't care about anything other than the customer. The employees are treated poorly almost as robots. Mandating you to work on days off with little to no time in advance. They don't realize that without relaxed and passionate employees their customers will suffer as well. Besides giving employees ocassional gifts and lunches you will never be recognized for ridiculous hours worked.
Pros
Great benefits such as health insurance, vision, dental.
Cons
Expect to have no life because you are working 6 days a week 10 hr days mandated.
It was a good job but i relocate to Gainesville area
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 9, 2019
I was a order selector so I pick the product an put tags on the pallet to get shipped out. The cold storage was growing more business everyday an it was a good team work place.
Poor Management
High Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAAugust 2, 2019
My time at United States Cold Storage was not that pleasant. Most employees are vindictive and management turns a blind eye to it. They don’t like to deal with real issues so they just write all parties up for coming with a grievance. They have such an unrealistic point system that will have the best employee look incompetent. I do not recommend this place at all.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management, poor work environment, you work in a freezer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Cold Storage. Our community is ready to answer.