United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
52.1K
41.2K
Found 3,634 reviews matching the search See all 3,974 reviews
Job was better suited for an experienced AF person. I had no background knowledge with the Awards program I was assigned to.
Facility Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 17, 2018
The job that was advertised was not exactly in Facilities O&M and not in my career field. It was past policy and rules amendment notification as applicable to the awards.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no privacy and limited direction
LVC Exercise Specialist
Live Virtual Constructive Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
Lead team in the development of the operations portion of exercise involving both computer assisted and manual simulations. Conducted thorough in-depth analysis to define scenarios that accomplish exercise objectives and implement and expand the use of Live/Virtual and Constructive (L-V-C) models and simulations in the exercise
Pros
Understanding on how the organization works with other organizations
Cons
There are different management process at each level
My Day TO Day!
Client Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 17, 2018
My day to day was very busy, I working with a lot of different networks and learned a lot. Management was always supportive and helpful, which made the working environment very productive. the were really no hard parts to my job. I enjoyed my tasks. The Teams that I work with on a day to day made it all worth it.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Advancements
My Experience
A&A Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southeast Quadrant, DCJuly 17, 2018
Great company fast paced environment mission driven fun activities to keep the office morale up. There are lots of opportunity for advancement here and the staff is nice
Customer Service Enviroment
Business Development Branch (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJuly 17, 2018
As a customer service representative consisted of a weekly meeting via telephone conference with our overseas customer, providing a plan, rates, to ship there unusual requirement. This job required accuracy and paying close attention to details.

As management, I assigned workload; also responsible for production timelines.

Work place culture, was a professional environment.

The most complicated part of the position was learning to read contracts and rates.

Traveling to different places was most enjoyable part of the position.
Pros
Telework Benefit
Cons
Basic dental plan
Real Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE 19902July 16, 2018
Work environment was rewarding that provided great leadership experience. The workplace was very career oriented and motivational and offered advancement.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
health care
poor leadership
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJuly 16, 2018
Leadership is very poor. Team members frequently spend the majority of their time searching the internet and not assisting with assignments. Very difficult to discipline.
Productive and always learning new things
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 16, 2018
The DoD is a great place to work for, you will be learning new and exciting things to help you in the future as well as always meeting new people. Not to mention its honorable work and service.
I loved working for the Department of Defense
Full Time & Mandatory Overtime during DoD (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, CO 80914July 16, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits. I left due to the conflict of my divorce with husband and the young in experience of the promoted individuals they were promoting. The turn over has become guide bad. Management coming in has no value or respect for their employees. Very young and inexperent management selections.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
very bad on experience of managers
Positive work environment.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Behavioral healthJuly 16, 2018
Working with Active Duty Service men and women has been very rewarding. An excellent population to work with. Flexible hours within specific guidelines. Overall casual work experience but the staff are highly professional.
Pros
Working with active duty service men and women.
Cons
A lot of paperwork.

Want to know more about United States Department Of Defense?

Ask a question
Fast pace
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 13, 2018
A typical work day is either slow or fast. There is no in between. Being a bagger, you work off tips only with a diverse racial environment. The job is pretty easy as long as you can handle pressure.
Serious work
Financial Management Analyst, GS (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 13, 2018
Dynamic work environment. Millions of dollars are flowing in and out of the command to meet real-time, real-world issues and impact the warfighter down range.
Pros
honorable, proud work
Cons
very serious work
Fast paced
Emergency Services Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 12, 2018
Enjoyed working for the Department of Defense. The position of dispatcher is multi-tasked oriented. For the most part the work steady but when an emergency comes in the pace picks up quickly.
Pros
co-workkers
Cons
co-workers
Can only describe the agency within the Department of Defense
Store Worker (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 11, 2018
I can only rate the agency I work for within the Department of Defense. My rating does not reflect the Department of Defense as a whole, but it does reflect my current job position within the Agency I work for under the DoD umbrella.

My main reason for leaving my current position is due to relocating to a different city and to eliminate, or cut, my commute time.
When the mission is great, it's hard not to find motivation.
Acquisition Specialist/ Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 11, 2018
As with most government entities there are hangups, logistical nightmares, difficult personnel, etc. but overall when everyone is focused on the common mission at hand then things run well.
I know there are better federal employment locations
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 11, 2018
I learned very little while working at the location as a federal employee. I do not feel that I was able to use all of my skills that I have learned in my career. I felt that some members of manamgement were unethical. I was saddened by the lake of professionalism.
N/a
Senior Cybersecurity Analyst & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJuly 10, 2018
N/A. see previous entry; in short a typical day may involve conducting limit forensics on a computer user, signing systems access authorization requests as then, the ISSM.
Culture is Excellent/Not Enough Hours
Materials Handler- Marine Corps Exchange (Current Employee) –  Henderson Hall, VAJuly 10, 2018
In my current role, I track inventory discrepancies to reduce the shrink percentage. The working environment is relaxed and the culture is outstanding. I have learned the main aspect of my position through using a number of business applications such as COGNOS and RMS. The management team is helpful, knowledgeable and cooperative. Unfortunately, the job is not full time. Therefore, I am seeking employment elsewhere in the immediate vicinity.
Agency is great, Government is a pain
Program Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
The DoD is a great place to work, with interdisciplinary opportunities. However, the work can be stressful and government activity can prevent advancement.
Work days are never the same
Air Reserve Technician (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LA 71110July 10, 2018
Typical day at work starts at 0600, Lunch at 1100, and end of day 1430. Each and every day is different. Some days may be fast paced and hectic and other work days may be slow paced with very little work to do
Pros
work day ends at 1400
Cons
mixed with active duty. active duty sends there less desirable people to us.