Here to help
Information from United States Department Of Defense:
United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA231 reviews
Found 231 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,386 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
The current operation manager is not good to work for. He doesn't know how to talk to people In a respectful.needs
more management training ect..
more management training ect..
My typical days at work has always been exciting and challenging and rewarding. You get to meet and encounter team players who are commited as well as dedicted. Workplace culture is also different, as we get to know and meet individuals with different ethnic background and experience. The most enjoyable part is getting to have new friends.
Friendly co workers
Contract was not long enough - I was fed contractor
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The DoD agency I worked for has a very well run student programs team that encourages students to learn about opportunities within the federal government that will support the topics and skills they are learning in the classroom.
To be more accurate, this is really an evaluation of my contracting prime vendor (PSI and Microhealth LLC), NOT the DoD (which was my CLIENT). As a subcontractor, I anticipated that I was the most expendable individual in the organization. In that sense, the prime vendor did not disappoint. The position required a security clearance, which the vendor was supposed to sponsor. In point of fact: they DID NOT sponsor my required clearance. I was in violation of the clearance requirements. Rather than be up front, inform me and sponsor my clearance, the prime vendor was deceptive: they did not inform me about my clearance status, but allowed me to continue to bill for over 5 years(!!!) in violation of the clearance requirement.
See more jobs
Jobs at United States Department Of Defense
New to the government. The comfort of job security is a plus, along with the diverse culture and networking opportunities. The pay scale and benefits are on par with job classification for private sector positions, but given my experience with the government workforce at my location they have it much better than they earn. Overall my experience with the DoD has been positive, but if they would just trim some fat it could be great but isn't that the same everywhere.
Great place to learn and develop critical business skills. Audit is a huge part of their modernization, they are working towards becoming a more technical agency as well as looking to better document processes to achieve this goal. I was a critical asset in this effort and very satisfied with the opportunities given to me in this role.
Fast pace with challenging and rewarding opportunities. Mission driven with career and educational development. Accredited onsite learning facility with distance learning available. Fitness center and you are encouraged to participate with allotted time to do so.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Department Of Defense. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 5,386 reviews
Ratings by category
56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men
50%would recommend to other women
Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.
Questions about United States Department Of Defense
- What is the interview process like at United States Department Of Defense?23 people answered
- How are the working hours at United States Department Of Defense?18 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at United States Department Of Defense?16 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make United States Department Of Defense a better place …15 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at United States Department Of Defense?15 people answered
- What advice would you give the CEO of United States Department Of Defense about how to improve it?14 people answered
- Is there an age restriction for hiring?13 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at United States Department Of Defense?13 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at United States Department Of Defense?13 people answered
- I was wondering if you had to have any college to apply for this type of job?13 people answered
See all questions and answers
United States Department Of Defense Reviews by Job Title
United States Department Of Defense Reviews by Location