United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 3,912 reviews matching the search See all 4,269 reviews
I learned the most here
Supervisory Computer Scientist (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CANovember 19, 2018
The job at the time I took it offered an enormous amount of opportunity to learn new systems and work with people to try new ideas. I was able to make my entire foundation of experience here.
Excellent experience and training
Health Systems Specialist GS-0671-09 (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 18, 2018
The DoD, has great programs for advancement and possible management position. There are so many programs to assist with furthering your career. There's always opportunity for growth in the DoD.
Military Structure
Physical Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 18, 2018
Military leadership changes and is the reason the overall climate at this location will be also be changing with the rotation of active duty personnel.
Very fullfilling work experiences
SERVICENOW DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  DXC/DXENovember 18, 2018
Job met my expectations in the role of trainer. Adapts to ever-changing client demands and works effectively under pressure. Maintained a positive attitude and acute sense of detail, but often at the expense of effective time management. Demonstrates adequate communication skills and completes all requested tasks and required responsibilities. Very considerate of other team members and works well independently or collaboratively.
Ambiente de auto aprendizaje
ID Cards Deers CSR (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2018
Te lanzan a realizar un trabajo del cual tienes que aprender por tanteo y error.
Pros
Salario
Cons
No beneficios
Good benefits, flexible schedule, poor management
CONTRACTING SPECIALIST/COST ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDNovember 16, 2018
I've been a contracting specialist for the past three years. The job itself is fairly easy, the benefits are decent and the flexible work schedule is appreciated.
Productive and educational
Standardization and Evaluation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMNovember 16, 2018
Working alongside military members was enjoyable and rewarding. It was a great team environment and would have stayed but I had to move. I would happily do this job again.
Reliable and dependable income
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HINovember 16, 2018
The DOD had a lot of pros and cons. I would love to continue working for the DOD just not as a soldier. The health benefits were amazing, I appreciated it because I didn’t have to pay for my prescriptions. The DOD really takes care of you physically and mentally. I’m currently looking to stay with the DOD but if not it’s okay because I have retirement benefits for life.
Material Management (MM) Consultant (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNNovember 13, 2018
The number one Goal was for upper management to get their employees ready for the next level. There was a lot of training and many hands on projects that got individuals ready.
Pros
Pay
Cons
N/a
Fun productive environment
Civil Servant (Current Employee) –  DelawareNovember 13, 2018
A fun, productive environment which at times can be stressful depending on the volume of customers you receive during the day. For the most part my experiences with management has been 50/50. Working two different locations in three years, both supervisors i worked under were night & day. One being amazing with flexibility, work dissemination, scheduling, etc. While the other being extremely toxic in many ways. Great agency to work for in terms of career advancement and benefits, however being on an overseas location sort of hinders that to an extend. Overall love being a department of defense civil servant.
Pros
healthcare, life insurance, paid sick & vacation days
Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Ft Gordon GANovember 13, 2018
Great place to work. So many great things to say.
Management is great, family type environment. Great benefits and decent pay. You should definitely apply.
Pros
Cons
N/a
A great place to work
SENIOR AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 13, 2018
I worked at this agency for several years. It was a great place to work and the pay was good. Unfortunately, after sequestration in 2012, my wife and I started our own field service business. This ultimately led to me leaving to job to help my wife full time. I got to say, I would not have made that decision again.
Pros
Great pay - Work / Family balance
Cons
Moral due to uncertainty
productive environment
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2018
productive and structured work environment. provides a large number of growth opportunities and provides support to new employees during the onboarding and training
Productive and enjoyable
Aircraft Engine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKNovember 12, 2018
Always gainfully employed. Keeping knowledgeable on all positions acquired throughout. How to disassemble and assemble Jet Engines for the United States Air Force/Navy. Most recommended place to work here in Oklahoma.
Great place if you have a passion for working with youth
Reading Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GA 31061November 12, 2018
A typical day at MVYCA can be stressful but rewarding. I have learned since working at the facility how to collaborate with people even when they are not professional at doing their jobs. Management in my department does had improvement as far as testing guidelines, but effective communication with surbornates and not taking a disagreement personal is a problem. The work culture is wonderful, there are great people to great with at the location. The hardest part of doing this job is not being able to reach certain students you know really need the program. The most enjoyable part of this job is pushing that one student to complete program and obtain his/her GED or Diploma.
Benefits
Cons
Inexperienced supervisors
Too much work / little resources
Region Director - Western US (Current Employee) –  San Diego CaliforniaNovember 12, 2018
My agency has responsibility for over 10000 cleared companies with approximately 12,500 separate facilities. That work is accomplished by approximately 300 people. If you take the job serious, you are at wits end trying to met your expectations as public servant. Consequently, there are some that just give up because they know the problem is too big. It is an important mission, to the joy is being involved in an important national security mission. The frustration of not enough time and resources creates the frustration.
The potential was there
Information Technology Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2018
I took this position to be a part of cutting edge technology for the DoD. My talents were sorely underutilized and I never received any training for the position I was hired for. It was a very long commute so was not worth it in the end. The people at the facility were great, and it really had the potential to be a good job.
Pros
Great people and cohesive group
Cons
No formal training process
Please stop asking me to review everything on here.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  EverywhereNovember 11, 2018
Please stop asking me to review everything on here. It gets old and if it doesn't stop I probably won't use this website anymore. It is extremely annoying.
Would recommend to some poeple but not everyone.
Mortarman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 10, 2018
The organization itself isn't bad. The management needs alot of work though. Free medical. Free dental. Foods decent enough to get you by. The schooling makes it almost worth it. Almost.
Pros
Free medical and dental andthe foods halfway decent.
Cons
Leadership needs alot of work. Hard to advance into a higher position.
It is a good organization to work.
CYS Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 9, 2018
The organization is a good place to work. I would highly recommend to other people. They give you annual leave, sick leave, and 401 K. The management is really supportive to their employees.