United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Two thumbs up
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Vicenza, VenetoSeptember 18, 2018
Working for the army was a great time. The people you got to meet was amazing. The things the government paid for a person to learn was limitless. I would recommend joining.
Pros
Took care of you and your family
Cons
Occasionally got shot at
Its an honor to work for the Department of Defense!!
Supervisory IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  PentagonSeptember 18, 2018
Just to know that you are contributing to a greater cause to defend this great nation in many different areas across the Defense space is awesome. Millennials can join the Defense space and start a fascinating career and travel the world doing what you love to do!
Pros
Great work assignments, flexible hours, upward mobility, salary and teamwork!!
Cons
N/a
Very Productive work place
nited States Marine Corps (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 16, 2018
working for the military is a challenge none the less, you learn to love what you do everyday and build bonds. I word hard everyday im there never a slow day always on the move doing something.
Great Job Security
Information Technology Specialist GS-12 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I initially joined to pay college, but it turned into a job that I worked hard at for years. The job was rewarding both culturally and morally. My advice would be to strive to be an USAF officer.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Dress Codes
Its whatever you make of it
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Leadership is all different. its as good as you make it. sometimes it sucks, sometimes its good. people really make it worth it tho. met some of the best people there.
Benefits
Cons
The higher ups
Not bad but not good
Load Standardization Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2018
No career advancement and it is more who you know and who you kiss up to than performance. Not my way of progressing. With a Bachelor's degree and a good work ethic and stellar ratings still could not progress. Based on time not skills, talent or credentials
Pros
Leave
Cons
No progression, fast cap in salary, boring work
Dod
HEAVY MOBILE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 12, 2018
It was a great place to work. I enjoyed working on equipment that protected our soldiers. The work environment was not stressful but it was very collaborative.
A great place to work
88N - Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day for me starts at 0430. I get dressed, shave, and get ready for PT. After a nice PT session, I shower, eat and get ready for whatever my duty is for that day.
Mixed Review
Personnel Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Includes very bright people who are there to complete the mission and care about the mission but also individuals who simply show up for a pay check and do the bare minimum.
Fun place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2018
Playing a role no matter how big or small in ensuring the that the DoD is able to fulfill its mission in keeping our citizens and allies safe all around the world.
Task oriented, with self supervision and accountability
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LASeptember 10, 2018
The position was informative as well as fast paced. I was the only representative at my location do all responsibility fell to me. I was accountable for my failure and successes.
Get rewards for the working hard.
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Great place to start after separating from the military. Also a person to develop professionally and mentally. Traing is greatly pushed to everyone and opportunities to learned new things is highly emphasized.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Better chance communicatation with subordinates.
Boring
Senior Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDSeptember 9, 2018
You pretty much sit around and do work no one else wants to do. Some interesting and learning areas, but you have to ask if you can do this. This is not for everyone. Very slow paced.
Pros
Cons
Boring
Mcaap
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKSeptember 9, 2018
I knew more then the supervisors and subordinates that had work there for years because of my time in the US Navy building explosives. The management was very cut throat
Pros
Pay
Cons
Would stab you in the back
Love it
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZSeptember 9, 2018
I love working for the Department of Defense. There are pros and cons just like any other agency, it's what you make of it. If you work hard, you will receive great benefits.
Summary
Training Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2018
The pay scale for some jobs is not much and for some it is, but you can apply for jobs with a higher pay scale, you do have to interview for them though.
Pros
Pay, Benefits start immediatly
Cons
Had to be military for my job, so lost it when I was discharged
Na
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 8, 2018
If you do not have a passion for children, I would advise you to choose another profession. Working for this company can be very stressful and challenging.
N/a
Contracting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 7, 2018
DLA didn't fully train me to the expectations that I would have like to have attained and therefore my career couldn't fully progress. My first supervisor took more time to really manage our team together than my last supervisor on the office floor.
The Best Job I have ever had
Legal Assistant Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Maintained office client files, schedule all attorney's appointments ensuring that federal and state guidelines were maintained. Typed up Power of attorneys daily for
Soldier’s, family members of soldiers and retired military community. Was the only legal office for all of Fort Drum community which included soldiers, family member’s
and military retirees. After 9-11 support deployments of soldiers by work Soldier Readiness Check, which ensured that our military soldier’s legal affairs were in order prior to their deployment. Notarized many documents in accordance with New York Notary Laws.
Pros
Outstanding Boss
Cons
Had to leave to move
Worked as a F-16 and A-10 pilot in 4 different countries.
Executive Officer Squdron Level (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCSeptember 7, 2018
Being a fighter pilot is the most demanding occupations in the world. The training and skill sets are second to none. The work environment is one of the best in the world.
Pros
Training, the people, and the mission.
Cons
Average day was a 12 hour day, tough on family members