United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 3,624 reviews matching the search See all 3,964 reviews
Fast pace
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 13, 2018
A typical work day is either slow or fast. There is no in between. Being a bagger, you work off tips only with a diverse racial environment. The job is pretty easy as long as you can handle pressure.
Serious work
Financial Management Analyst, GS (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 13, 2018
Dynamic work environment. Millions of dollars are flowing in and out of the command to meet real-time, real-world issues and impact the warfighter down range.
Pros
honorable, proud work
Cons
very serious work
Fast paced
Emergency Services Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 12, 2018
Enjoyed working for the Department of Defense. The position of dispatcher is multi-tasked oriented. For the most part the work steady but when an emergency comes in the pace picks up quickly.
Pros
co-workkers
Cons
co-workers
Can only describe the agency within the Department of Defense
Store Worker (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 11, 2018
I can only rate the agency I work for within the Department of Defense. My rating does not reflect the Department of Defense as a whole, but it does reflect my current job position within the Agency I work for under the DoD umbrella.

My main reason for leaving my current position is due to relocating to a different city and to eliminate, or cut, my commute time.
When the mission is great, it's hard not to find motivation.
Acquisition Specialist/ Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 11, 2018
As with most government entities there are hangups, logistical nightmares, difficult personnel, etc. but overall when everyone is focused on the common mission at hand then things run well.
I know there are better federal employment locations
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 11, 2018
I learned very little while working at the location as a federal employee. I do not feel that I was able to use all of my skills that I have learned in my career. I felt that some members of manamgement were unethical. I was saddened by the lake of professionalism.
N/a
Senior Cybersecurity Analyst & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Schriever AFB, COJuly 10, 2018
N/A. see previous entry; in short a typical day may involve conducting limit forensics on a computer user, signing systems access authorization requests as then, the ISSM.
Culture is Excellent/Not Enough Hours
Materials Handler- Marine Corps Exchange (Current Employee) –  Henderson Hall, VAJuly 10, 2018
In my current role, I track inventory discrepancies to reduce the shrink percentage. The working environment is relaxed and the culture is outstanding. I have learned the main aspect of my position through using a number of business applications such as COGNOS and RMS. The management team is helpful, knowledgeable and cooperative. Unfortunately, the job is not full time. Therefore, I am seeking employment elsewhere in the immediate vicinity.
Agency is great, Government is a pain
Program Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
The DoD is a great place to work, with interdisciplinary opportunities. However, the work can be stressful and government activity can prevent advancement.
Work days are never the same
Air Reserve Technician (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LA 71110July 10, 2018
Typical day at work starts at 0600, Lunch at 1100, and end of day 1430. Each and every day is different. Some days may be fast paced and hectic and other work days may be slow paced with very little work to do
Pros
work day ends at 1400
Cons
mixed with active duty. active duty sends there less desirable people to us.
Paid time to workout
Electrician/Environmental Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2018
Paid time to workout as long as projects were ahead or on time. Vacation time earned was about a month per year. Sick leave was about two weeks a year.
Fun and productive
Programmer, Inflow-ns (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 9, 2018
Do the job and try to do it correctly on a daily basis. Not really upgraded to leading technology but that is to be expected in any business environment.
Pros
Get to know people
Cons
Hard to leave after you get to know people
DoD- like changing the lava flow of a volcano
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  World WideJuly 9, 2018
The DoD is a vast organization of organizations. Implementing change must happen at every level in order to be effective and that rarely happens. There are great areas to work and great people to work for, of course the opposite exists as well.
Travel, Adventure and Excitement
United States Army (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
Had experiences that would be hard to come by any other way. Was able to work with people from all walks of life and ethnicities. Was responsible for a multitude of people and equipment and the related training.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Healthcare.
Customer Ser Mgr, Asst Grocery Mgr, Produce Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 9, 2018
On a daily basis I would order product, input time cards, make employee schedules, and supervised employees.
I received paperwork for orders. I input all paperwork in the computer.
I created computer spread sheets.
Experience with Microsoft and excel.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the public and my employees.
Productive and disciplined
AVIATION OPERATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 8, 2018
I was taught many useful skills to use outside of the military and felt like it helped my work ethic. Working for the DoD has opened many doors and presented many opportunities for myself and my fa
INformation Security
Senior Systems Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 8, 2018
Most enjoyable part of my career was working with intelligent and team minded colleagues. Moreover, to work across and within many diverse environments.
Good Place as a foot in the door to federal employment
Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 7, 2018
I am satisfied with my job,management, and co-workers. I deal with customers from the beginning of my day to the end. I have no complaints. I do my part to fulfill my job requirements in a timely fashion.
Pros
time off, annual raises
Good career position
Career Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44199July 6, 2018
A good place to start and end your career. I dont think this should be a requirment to help find me a job. I already have to complete all resume requirements. I should not have to do this.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Lead Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that your effort will produce lasting results. Every area I worked in Civil Service brought more advancement as I put forth a can do spirit. There was never a dull moment. I liked that if I expressed a desire to learn more or become more efficient in an area, I was given on-the-job training or sent to specific training. Managers encourage the team members to go beyond their present duties to excel in new horizons. Sometimes the job was hard but always rewarding.
Pros
Confidence in being trained properly
Cons
Some days are hard but the job is rewarding.