United States Department Of Defense
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from United States Department Of Defense:

United States Department Of Defense Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA231 reviews
Only those who abide by the Army values will suceed in this career path. Days are long and hard yet rewarding. Benefits are hard to beat from education, medical, dental, etc.
Pros
Multiple benefits
Cons
Moving every three years
I love my job and everything that comes with it. My department supports me well and I'm very grateful for all them. They give me flexibility and support.
Pros
Every other Monday off
Cons
The current operation manager is not good to work for. He doesn't know how to talk to people In a respectful.needs
more management training ect..
My typical days at work has always been exciting and challenging and rewarding. You get to meet and encounter team players who are commited as well as dedicted. Workplace culture is also different, as we get to know and meet individuals with different ethnic background and experience. The most enjoyable part is getting to have new friends.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Contract was not long enough - I was fed contractor
My career at the Department of Defense Office of the Inspector General spanned over 20 years. I thoroughly learned the auditing process there. Its a good place to start a federal career.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The DoD agency I worked for has a very well run student programs team that encourages students to learn about opportunities within the federal government that will support the topics and skills they are learning in the classroom.
Great to work for. Flexible work schedule, clean environment, opportunities to learn new skills. they offer in house valuable training for free, and plenty of online self study courses.
DCMA has decent pay, but priorities tend to shift without the completion of the first priority. Things are not prioritized which makes everything an emergency.
Productive work place. People are nice and the community surrounding the agency is very nice. Supervisors are very helpful. The work is uplifting and busy. The location is great in proximity to mass transit.
To be more accurate, this is really an evaluation of my contracting prime vendor (PSI and Microhealth LLC), NOT the DoD (which was my CLIENT). As a subcontractor, I anticipated that I was the most expendable individual in the organization. In that sense, the prime vendor did not disappoint. The position required a security clearance, which the vendor was supposed to sponsor. In point of fact: they DID NOT sponsor my required clearance. I was in violation of the clearance requirements. Rather than be up front, inform me and sponsor my clearance, the prime vendor was deceptive: they did not inform me about my clearance status, but allowed me to continue to bill for over 5 years(!!!) in violation of the clearance requirement.
Management sets the pace at any job. If you have a good manager the rest of the employees will follow creating a good work environment. Trust goes a long way.

V/r

Eric
New to the government. The comfort of job security is a plus, along with the diverse culture and networking opportunities. The pay scale and benefits are on par with job classification for private sector positions, but given my experience with the government workforce at my location they have it much better than they earn. Overall my experience with the DoD has been positive, but if they would just trim some fat it could be great but isn't that the same everywhere.
Most jobs offer chance for advancement and to learn new skills. If you are motivated a job in DOD can be rewarding I would recommend working for DOD as a great place to work
Overall a very good experience. Had the opportunity to learn a lot and grow. Met some very intelligent and hard working people. There is some politics found in some offices, but each experience is different.
Learned a lot in am environment that promotes growth! Flexible work hours and managers whom are very compassionate and understanding. Very busy in the hospital side but if u can work under pressure great place to work
Extreme integrity and loyalty is key to a successful organization. I have spent over 40 years combined as an active duty officer and civil servant employee working for the federal government.
A Great Place to Work, everyone is friendly. Food is in close distance. The metro is right outside the front door and a parking garage is right there in walking distance
Got to work on some noteworthy cases while employed there. Great learning experience of working with the military. Enjoyed my 8 years there as a Term employee.
Great place to learn and develop critical business skills. Audit is a huge part of their modernization, they are working towards becoming a more technical agency as well as looking to better document processes to achieve this goal. I was a critical asset in this effort and very satisfied with the opportunities given to me in this role.
Changes Everyday. I have had experiences with tanks, intelligence, Information operations, cyber, and DoD policy and every single day has been different than the last. Management and culture changes depending on job and location. it is a massive gang!
Fast pace with challenging and rewarding opportunities. Mission driven with career and educational development. Accredited onsite learning facility with distance learning available. Fitness center and you are encouraged to participate with allotted time to do so.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Department Of Defense. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
2.7K
1.6K
4.3
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.