United States Department of Justice Employee Reviews

Great
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2019
Great place to work, great people great opportunity. And it’s always something to do that will better you. Look forward to a large amount of opportunity.
Intense but worth it.
Management and Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2019
Overall, I loved the people there as we all got along like a close family! The Terrorist Screening Center’s downside was the high turnover! The possibility of highly stressful situations were present there on a daily basis.
Its Great and a good place to work
International Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2019
I like working for the department of Justice but it only offers advancement opportunities for attorneys. However, this is only for the office of international affairs.
Very Productive and yet very fun place to work
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAAugust 22, 2019
The Work culture is very sensitive and intense. Great support staff working together to meet all department needs. The office together is a great place to work.
Financial Analyst, Saicon Consulting (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2019
The team was good nd was always willing to teach. Good environment and management was not overbearing. My contracting company was not very good, but the job was awesome.
Senior Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2019
The DOJ OIG is a tremendous place to work. A necessary mission and great people!!! The management is good and treats employees as professionals and allows people to do their work.

The job requires quite a bit of traveling due to the size of the agency and the number employees and states each office oversees.
Federal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 6, 2019
Good job with health and retirement benefits. Employees work together and its a close family environment. Multiple shifts to work with paid vacations. opportunity for training on computers and firearms.
Productive place to work
Laundry Services Laborer (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXAugust 6, 2019
Would not recommend working here as permanent employment, however, if needed, extra schooling is recommended. Is fairly slow paced in some places, yet fast paced in others.
Being a Whistleblower.
Hematology and Oncology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2019
As a Whistleblower the government takes all your information recovers billions of dollars in fines and penalties. Then they find every reason not to pay you.
Department of Justice
Federal Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2019
It was a wonderful opportunity coming out of the military. I throughly enjoyed my time there. I’m just ready for a career that allows me to travel on a daily/weekly basis.
Benefits
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2019
Very exciting and productive environment. Worked with different people who were knowledgeable about the systems and workforce. Assisted overseas customers with PKI issues.
Department of Justice
Criminal Investigator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2019
Great law enforcement agency with the opportunity to grow, travel, promote. Great training provided for job and additional training opportunities provided for advancement.
excellent place for people with families
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20530July 2, 2019
wonderful company to work for. the management staff was great. family oriented environment. offer great opportunities and the benefits are awesome. advancement opportunities as well.
Na
Captain Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2019
The bureau of prisons had a lot of policies that weren't being followed. If there was a problem with staff or inmate and you weren't in the "click" you are black ballef
Pros
Great retirement system
Cons
No consideration for personell that stand up for what's right
Productive and Fun
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2019
I really liked working at DOJ, lots at fun everyone was kind and friendly. The job was really easy stayed busy all the time. There Is nothing really hard about my job however you must have good communicational skills and have good organizational. I learned how to speak in our group meetings and not be afraid. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others when they needed a helping hand.
Overall nice work experience
GED Tutor/General Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 13, 2019
I was incarcerated in the federal prison system where i worked for the U.S Department of Justice. I tought high school math and also wokred as a general maintenance worker part-time.
It's a good place to work
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonJune 9, 2019
It's a good place to work. Everyone moves at their own pace which can be good and bad. The manager are knowledgeable and fair; however, the direction of the project is not completely shared with key personnel.
Awful
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 7, 2019
Nepotism and discrimination run this agency. I was excited at first to be part of The Department of Justice, but after a short time (about two years- was employed there for almost five years), I ended up disappointed and jaded. Upper management is obsessed more with numbers and the bottom line than the actual people in the agency and the population that's being served. The nature of the work is supposed to be an effort to HELP families of our State. In actuality, many of the rules, laws, and policies do more harm than good. When you start questioning this, they get retaliatory and then refuse to promote or advance you despite being more qualified than any other candidate. The agency runs more like a business for profit than a tool and resource to help people.
Nobody likes their job there...NOBODY. Workplace culture was very negative. The ONLY reason why anybody works there is for health insurance and retirement benefits. That's it. However, the experience of working there was very educational and enabled me to meet some wonderful people. We became united in our misery. Everyone was frustrated for one reason or another about the negative environment and poor management, but at least we had each other to lift up and encourage to get through the days, weeks, months, and years of public service.
Benefits
Cons
Awful work environment.
Loved my positions
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2019
Dept of justice helped me develop good working skills. I acquired alot of training there. I learned time management and writing ethics. I learned how to use the law library and other resources
Pros
Great place for a career
Cons
No cons
Busy and productive workplace
Full-time Employment (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20002June 6, 2019
This job is great due to having great supervisors and co-workers. The work load is heavy and we stay busy at all times, but the work gets done. We process criminal cases for the district attorneys of the US.