United States Postal Service Employee Reviews

Straight-forward job, pretty easy, long days in the winter months.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NHJuly 16, 2018
I liked the job for the most part with the major downside being a lack of career advancement. I was lucky enough to fill in full time for a regular carrier for 9 months. Once the regular carrier came back full time I was down to 1 day a week/every other week. This ultimately made my decision to change jobs.
Pros
Working alone 99% of the time, no one to criticize how you do your job.
Cons
Required the purchase of a POV in order to perform job functions.
Cool vibe
City Carrier Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Hard rigorous labor job. Great benefits and security in that sense. Hardly anytime to enjoy off apart of an machine that keeps America running 24/7 . Be ready for that
Part time carrier, 38 hours.
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  New Lebanon, NYJuly 16, 2018
No benefits or paid time off. Job itself was stress free although challenging at times(around holidays and poor weather). Positive work atmosphere and friendly people.
Pros
You are in charge of your days work.
Cons
No full time benefits, no chance to get there.
Productive, fast paced
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJuly 16, 2018
Its a great place to work. If you are in school probably not the best job with school schedule.I got hired for holiday season its a great place of work to get all the over time you desire.
productive and fun place to work with good guidlines
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJuly 16, 2018
the time I work there part-time I had a great experience working there.the pay and the benfits good and supervisor was very patience with employee if they came cross a problem
Rural Carrier Associate
Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Raymond, ILJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed my job as a RCA, however, there is very little advancement opportunity. Also, they treat their part-time employees poorly. I worked for 4 years as an RCA on a AUX route (36 hrs weekly) then one day I came into work and they told me as of tomorrow they are dissolving my route....went from making $40,000 a year to begging for work! Not a good thing....I am a single mom trying to support my family and thought I had a good job....
Pros
2 hours in office and then in a car by yourself all day, oved driving in country and getting to know my customers.
Cons
no job security and lack of respect from management.
It was good experience
Mail Carrier, Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 16, 2018
They did not hire full time in the 9 years of my life I gave them, however they always false promised it. So I chose to go to college and try and different route.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Sometimes chaotic
Did not like the job
Rural Carrier Associate (Former Employee) –  West Point, MSJuly 16, 2018
Never knew when u would be working. I would get called in to relieve other carriers at any time. Always had to work saturdays and around holidays. Never was able go on vacations due to might get called in
Productive long work hours very fast pace
Mail Carrier: Clerk (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 16, 2018
Good place to work but they required you to take a postal test I took many postal test and work 15years as a postal clerk and carrier and never given a postal career job worked full-time hours and was laid off. but still good place to work but sometime unfair with job placement. hardest part of job was working long hours in bad weather conditions being chased by dogs on your route. But enjoyed walking each day keep you in shape.
Its a relaxed work enviroment
Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2018
I like working at the post office very much the pay is ok not enough pay for cost of living.Its hard labor which i like fast pace work and time effeciency.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Work schedule hard to get days to attend to my kids scholl scedule.
Every
City Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2018
The job is physical lots of walking up an down the steps streets, heavy lifting and unfriendly people’s. One the people’s know you as their regular mail carrier they have a better attitude. It really has a lot to do with day by day (how you feel and how the customers feel).
Personal insight
Rural Carrier Associate (Current Employee) –  Lee, FLJuly 15, 2018
My most enjoyable part o the job is when I come in and is able to have casual conversations with my co-workers almost about anything and everything. It makes me feel like we are family.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Clerk at the Post Office (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my members in dealing with issues and problems that they experience throughout the work force. I enjoy the outcome of being able to help correct and motivate my members to stay employed.
Pros
Helping
USPS Review
Purchasing and SM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work with great job security. The organization spends a great amount of time building their brand and educating employees about the importance of the organization.
Pros
Flexible
challenging
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2018
A typical day at work includes checking attendance, evaluating the mail volume, putting together a running plan for the day as to when to start and how much volume to clear. We follow through with my game play daily and adjust as necessary with different breakdowns and other issues that may arise.
Steady work
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 15, 2018
Steady enjoyable work. The work is fast paced and the work hours fly by. There are not currently enough hours for overtime. The ability to be promoted is very limited.
Busy place to work, stressful
RCA (Former Employee) –  Eminence, KY 40019July 15, 2018
The day starts out sorting mail. You have a certain amount time to sort no matter how much mail you have. Load your truck and deliver mail in sequence order. Mail trucks are not well maintained. They are very hot in the summer and the heaters work poorly in the winter.
Pros
good pay per hour
Cons
No benefits unless your a career employee. Must work on Sundays to deliver Amazon
Fun and interesting place to work!
City Carrier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haysville, KSJuly 15, 2018
Show up to work, sort your mail, load your vehicle and get on the road. While on the streets you run into a lot of obstacles and still need to get the mail delivered timely.
Pros
Great upward movement. Excellent starting pay.
Cons
Time micromanaged to the minute
Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTJuly 15, 2018
The pioneers who made it to Oregon didn't do things by the book, and neither do we. Featuring graffiti-inspired cork art, a lobby that doubles as an urban tasting room, and a game lounge for adults, Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland proves that it's not afraid to be a trailblazer. Come join us in keeping things weird (yet luxe!) in our historic building in downtown Portland.
They get the bills
Rural Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
The post office is a Fast paced company dedicated to customers. Delivering mail would be better if we had AC controlled vehicles! I would love to move ahead in postions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K

2.5

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight