United States Postal Service

United States31,703 reviews

Found 31,703 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,793 reviews
postaluspscarrierpostroutedeliverpostmastercca

summary

As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work. Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.

Hard work with no respect

USPS requires you to work in unexpected weather, time frames, daylight, evening...does not matter! It is expected of you! Heaven forbid you get injured on the job, they won't hold your job, and your have to fight for your wages. Not worth all the hype. Loved the solo time just the packages, the truck and me.

Pros

Solo work

Cons

No breaks, hard work, work comp. is a joke.

Boring. Thrown into job with no training

Was a mail handler and transferred to custodial to work into maintenance position. There is very little work to do and didn’t even get trained until 2 weeks later. Always a game trying to get something worked out with management and its some one else’s fault. Super boring job. Pay is okay but looking for a new job.

alot of work

long hours but like theworknice people to work withneed more routeslove the town need less amazon packages amazon messes up the whole mailing procedure they should do their own shipping!

Pros

job

Cons

no lunch

No life

Horrible place to work. Very long hours no days off. You don’t get full benifits until 2 years in the job I would recommend this job to anyone plus you get attack by dogs all the time.

Stressful and demanding on open schedule

Starting out of this job, I felt like it was the best choice I’ve ever made and really I can’t say that that’s changed based off of anything other than bad management because the job really does offer a great pay scale as well as benefits, but when you factor in the hours that you may work, or may not work depending on the office you are in that’s when it becomes a difficult place to work for. In my office particularly which is a level 18 B, I am a Ptf so that means part-time flex. I am not owed any more than 25 hours per week and I do have to work split shifts so that means I could start at 5:30 AM have a lunch for 2 to 3 hours and then come back and finish the day out so essentially I am the first one to be there the last one to leave the job really is demanding on you physically due to the influx of parcels over the years. The roles and demands are constantly changing and so as soon as you get into a rhythm of success with completing tasks, it is changed to something else. Besides the pay and pension, this job will make you want to pull all of your hair out and take the bridge. I very seldom see or hear from someone employed that will say they’re happy with working here.

Fun to work there.

Hard work but fun to work there. Learn I ng the ropes can be a bit of a nightmare, but once the work is familiar, the job becomes fun. Great benefits and flexible schedule.

What is the best part of working at the company?The great benefits is awesome What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing just work as a team to get the job complete to ensure all well making a safe work environment for all employees and to stay focus at all to ensure everyone saftyWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Staying focus making sure everything is in the right place What is a typical day like for you at the company?Staying busy and focus on work

Lots of hours not lots of money. Terrible work life balance

There’s no incentive to do a good job. If you finish your route early they send you to help someone else. No one goes home until all the mail is out.

No consideration for health issues

The job was easy but if you have any health issues they will never take that into consideration. Poor management decent pay. Don't recommend working for them if you have a life outside of the job.

Great supervisor and good employees at the Maricamp office

Maricamp office was the best place to work. Come to work prepared to work hard and enjoy being part of something that helps others daily. Enjoying customers on the routes that really trust you.

Good luck

Co-workers are awesome. Leadership there doe not care about your health. Over work you and seems to never stop. Expect to get treated like you will never get tired or sick.

Horrible

HORRIBLE. You work 6 days a week until 7-9 pm in the evening. Every Saturday and Sunday and you’re always told that you can’t request days off. If you perform your job well, they’ll make you do extra work and keep you even longer into the night.

Desperate

Don't Ever Try To Work Here. One of the worst work environments I have ever experienced. It is full of panic and desperation. They need bodies not workers. And one of the most important things I've learned here is They DO NOT care about you or anyone else in your family. I am disgusted and ashamed that I invested time here. Hoping to be heard or things would change. It is an absolute disgrace.

It is hard to get on at the post office.

The job is not hard, can be stressful around holidays. It is very hard to get a permanent position. No good benifits for RCAs. The people doing the training were helpful and made the job sound great, if you ever get a permanent job there. They need to have better benifits for the RCAs. If they did, I believe more people would apply and stay.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company still holds some merit, although people do not know what really takes place there. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Untrained management and the lack of communication and structure. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful and tense. Can be a toxic work environment. What is a typical day like for you at the company?No breaks, no meal. Long and uncompleted.

Good

If you like to work a lot of hours this is the right place .... The post office is busy the whole year and it's hard especially on the snowy days I did like this job

Stressful

If you like to be challenged everyday to deliver in any weather or circumstances then go ahead and deliver the mail. You can't bring any back. PM don't help to train properly. The "Academy" doesn't TRAIN you to do your job. So Good Luck, hopefully your office has some there to train you properly.

Pros

Tons of hours

Cons

Tons of hours

Medical Insurance

Six days a week and have to finish others work until done. Medical Insurance. Management is only worried about getting the job completed, not your health or time off.

Pros

Medical Insurance

Cons

Six days a week

Na

Really good place to work great benefit a lot of time at work but it will be worth it after your 2 years really glad I chose it. Can be stressful just remember it's just mail it has to end. Stop breathe recoop at least 10x's out the day.

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay but business has been run terribly!!! And if you get hurt you are screwed because they will lie misinform you to get rid of you!!!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No honesty! Wrong people in postmaster positions!!!! That do not care about employees!!!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Terrible!!!What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was nerve racking and depressing!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss