United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in Auburn, WA

My positon as a Letter Carrier
A very fast pace company, as you could imagine, ( holidays, elections, parcels etc.). You learn to work with huge amount of employees with different backgrounds and cultures, which made for a very interesting environment and helped with your relationships with your customers on your route as a Letter Carrier. Every part of job was hard, but the support of your management team made your job that much more rewarding!
Pros
Benefites, good wage and retirement package
Cons
Extreme Hot or Cold weather, You have to deal with! Mail must go on!
Don’t Sell Your Soul!
Once your in, it’s hard to quit! The management is incompetent everywhere! They treat you like slaves! The benefits are good but that’s if you make it to them considering you have to move up a seniority list that takes at least 21/2 years of torture before you reach the top.
Ok place to work. No time off
It would be a great job if for the first 2-3 years you got more than 2-3 days off a month and were able to know what the days off were before 7:30am the day off when they call you to tell you that you are off.
Pros
On the road and work alone
Cons
No time off
Great for a person raising a family.
Believe it or not, but being a mail carrier is tough work. The biggest challenge is dealing with the 60 plus hour work weeks on a consistent calender year. What the USPS has taught me was to be mentally fit and prepared for a long day of work. I appreciated how well I thrived in delivering mail that I kept coming into work with this drive to better myself.

The people around you are very helpful because they understand the struggle of being new and inexperienced. It is very difficult not knowing where you go next if you are not familiar with the city you are delivering mail in. The grid system is wacky but you will adapt after you mess up a thousand times.
Pros
Lots of hours! I mean tons!
Cons
Too many hours. No time for a social life. Dating is very hard.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.
7.6K
Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

United States Postal Service Reviews by Job Title