United States Postal Service
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Rural Carrier Associate in Baton Rouge, LA

-Sign in, case presorted and DPS mail, as well as small parcels. Place bigger parcels in order according to your assigned rural route. Load up LLV (Mail truck) and deliver. Arrive back to the station, drop off raw mail, and sign out, -Never give up. Keep pushing even when it gets hard. You never know what customers are waiting for. I.E.:a letter from a loved one, a gift, or something of sentimental value. -Unorganized and unpredictable. -Some are friendly, some aren't. I personally remain neutral with all by leaving personal issue at the door, and maintain professionalism while in the work environment. -Not having a consistent work schedule, which may not provide financial stability, or working 14+ hours a day causing me to be away from my family for a significant amount of time, depending on how short the carriers are. -Serving customers. Being able to put a smile on someones face has to be the most rewarding accomplishment ever.
Pros
Serving Customers. No supervision while delivering. Decent pay.
Cons
Inconsistent job schedule. No benefits/retirement. Physically demanding.
I love my job, love working with the public, and meeting new people, very fast paced, and I love giving good customer service. The people are all great to work with.
Cons
Rain sleet or snow
If you are not in one of the "popular groups" than USPS is not for you!!! My 2cnd week, I was being talked about because I have a disability and was working a little slower than the other postal workers and instead of being helped I was made fun of and talked about to the point where I cried and quit without notice!!!! Prior to me quitting, I made management aware of the gossip about my disability being spread and nothing was done. On top of all that your whole life is basically taken because youre at work for 5am til you finish everything which is about 6-7pm. Not for a single parent!!!!
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.