United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in Greensboro, NC

Big company with a lot of opportunity for a hard working person.
I began as a low level operations employee and retired as an upper level manager due to hard work, some luck, and a willingness to relocate when necessary. If you set a goal and do what is necessary to get ahead, you have opportunities for a great career.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes unclear management
Great Money
Disorganized don’t care about family or nothing no work life balanced you’re only a number long hours short breaks u structure it’s terrible i would go back only if the mgr is different and better structure
No a good career choice
Spent my career there. Benefits and pay great but terrible upper management and labor unions will bankrupt the USPS by 2030. You are not treated with any respect.
Hard work and long hours
A mail handler assistant is tedious work and the hours are long at times, but the pay is decent. Just like most places, it’s not what you know but who you know. Favoritism and seniority play a huge role.
what I like about the job
What I like most about the job is that it’s not hard on your body if you work right and safe. This job is all about safety it’s not hard on some work it can get busy but they treat us fairly when breaks are needed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Nice place to get experience in the HR field
Been given the opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience in the HR field. System is very compartmental, so need to be an eager worker in order to gain additional knowledge and experience in all areas of HR.
An awesome place to work if you believed in team work and friendly environment.
Learned a lot from the job by driving forklift to using different machines processing mails The hardest part of the job is lifting more than 70lbs' Opportunity for job advancement and training.
Very strict and an uncomfortable work place
Management has no compassion for employee or care for the personal lives. It would be a better place to work if they would understand no one has the same accessibility to resources.
Not worth it
I’m a CCA my office takes like 3 years to convert to regular which is way too long to be working 6 days a week for me. I do not like the inconsistency of not knowing where or what route I’m doing everyday. I actually do enjoy delivering and the independence. It’s nice being outside when the weather is nice but sucks when it’s not. It has the potential to be a good career if your office converts you quickly other wise you will be worked hard burned out.
Pros
Overtime, Independence, get a workout
Cons
Work life balance, inconsistency
Stressful
Management only care about the mail, and not their employee. No weekends off. Don’t get insurance until after one year. Also don’t get hurt because they will try to fire you.
It could be a great place to work if management worked with employees rather than treating them as nothing.
Management treats the employees like there not humans.
The union just takes money from temporary workers knowing they can't represent them.

I hope the military treats people better than the USPS.
Good money, hours suck
The pay is good but the hours are trash and if you’re not a career employee, good luck getting your voice heard or trying to put in for leave. The turn around to be made a regular for clerks can take up to 5yrs which also sucks.
Nice place
I learned a lot and helped Transitonal Workers obtain healthcare at a time when it was not intially offered. I enjoyed being a shop steward. Helping my co workers with their job was rewarding.
Excellent Company
Human Resources at the federal level is way different from your regular Human Resources department because of having to directly answer to D.C. Fun place to work because some co-workers become like family. Hardest part of this job would be management that doesn’t know how to do their job correctly.
have a therapist on standby
Management is lazy and incompetent. Coworkers are mentally Ill, criminals and are sometimes dangerous. It's called "Going Postal" for a reason. This is a stepping stone only type of job. I wouldn't make it a career.
Incompetent/Indifferent Management
Hard labor job with unskilled managers makes it hard to go to work. Some positives are good pay and benefits and job security. Feel trapped in a good paying job with little respect from management.
Great place to work...but not for everyone
I have had a pleasurable experience working for the USPS. Some people have not though. However, in all jobs there are Pro/Con's. If the organizational culture fits your personal preferences then the USPS will be an awesome place to build a career.
Great Job great Group Micro - Management When Not Needed
Great place to work, great co-worker's, micro management when not needed reprimanded for asking about procedures and guidance for projects that ranged from 20K to 100K but not giving any insight when needed on budgets and transferring projects without an explanation from both sides for the transfer. Salary for the job responsibilities are a misnomer, they do not equal the day to day operations and what is ask of a Facilities Project Manager.

If you wanted to keep ahead of the work orders, invoices, proposals, hvac issues, hub works, e-buy processes, follow-up from the sites, e-mails you would have to work over time daily and not get paid for it but you were "reprimanded" on a monthly basis if your numbers were not up to the standards for the USPS.
Pays the Bills
The USPS is a stone age organization that would like the people on the outside to think its all roses and chocolates but its really a chaotic mess. You have management that are not skilled or knowledgeable in there job craft who then cause confusion among those who are. You have the management that promotes or hires career employees not based off skills but how well you like them. You have dedicated people who have been non-career employees for over 10 years who have no benefits, retirement which is very important....and these employees are non union and are considered headquarter ee's. I would suggest if you have to take this job don't stay any longer than you have to.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
NO BENEFITS ...except Marketplace Health Insurance offered to non-career employees
Fast Pased
Fast-paced environment. The people are nice. Hard work. Provides an opportunity for overtime. Advancement is hard because there is a lot of competition for positions at UPS.
Very clear expectations
Expectations are made very clear during orientation. Very fair employer who respects the employees. Each employee has the opportunity to make it a better work environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.
7.5K
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight