United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Don’t do it!
No sick days or vacation. Management sucks and cares nothing about your life or kids. 12 hr work days. Work every holiday and weekend. Don’t care about your safety. Trucks are not safe they wait until an accident happens to fix any known problems. You can get into an accident and the first then they do is take a pic of your shoes and say “ Well that wouldn’t have happened if you had the right shoes on.
working for the postal service
Great job! i miss working there it was a fast moving pace and your outside by yourself all day. the pay is good once you become a regular . if you are 18 and do not know what you want to do give them a try.
positive
A a very good place to work if you are focused and hard working.i work a short while got very sick and had to resign. seeking a position with less walking.
supervisor treat you a number not human..Horrible environment to work in.Long day 9 to 10 hours no break. Supervisor had a lot turnaround and staff will left the company. employee is unhappy a lot heavy lifting
Pros
Cons
n/a
Productive and a fun place to work for.
I was a distribution clerk for 34 years. We keyed the mail according to zip code and stack out the mail in sacks or contintans. We work any way from 40 to 50 plus hrs a week. Most of the supervision were decent.
Pros
Fair breaks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Pleasure working for the post office.
What I really enjoyed about the post office was the schedule I was able to have. It allowed me to come home early and spend time with my family, as well as run my errands.
Pros
Early shift
Cons
It was a cut-throat enviorment. managers abuse there powers ,etc.
A difficult place to work at ,with favoritism,abuse of power. the supervisors abusing there powers to impress there bosses. They would lie ,cheat whatever they can get away with , lie ,cheat , fabricate , look the other way when one of their favorites is doing something wrong. Remember I was prior military , trained to do the job and get the job done. I was not used to that kind of work environment .Supervisors , managers using there position to have with female employees . It just wasn't the place for me...
Its nice
Working at the postal is find for me because I am a hard worker an wont stop until the job is complete I love long hours and love the pay rate if over time comes my way Iam in ready to work.
keep to yourself
demand your respect. if your don't, management will try to run all over you. also, keep to yourself. you are better off not making friends. work as much overtime as you can.
Management was good people was very respectful a career job that any individual want to retire from. Easy to learn and maintain a life outside of life and very easy to more up.
a little dusty
working at the post office might be a small health hazard if you intend to be there a long time ... other than that great place to work . Very time consuming
Outstanding
I love working for this company I've been here for more than 15 years I even helped 2 of my children get jobs they are now employees and have been for over 4 years now
takes a long time to get hired when you get in just show up to work and you will be fine
its a cool job. just very bad management it can be a hard working environment depending on who is your supervisior. it depends on the facility. if you show to work you will be fine
Ok Place to work
USPS was an ok place to work for, the hours were good and the work great. We had a great flow and I loved going to work everyday. I would suggest very little changes for the ream.
The job security the USPS offers is Amazing
A typical day of work for the most part is pretty easy. I learned a lot about mail. The management can be a lot better. Overall this is an secure job.
Pros
Secure, Holiday pay, Vacation time
Cons
Working Weekends, Union
Diverse environment
Warehouse environment with diverse people and you will be challenged mentally and physically. The actual work, sorting mail manually or through a machine, is not hard at all. Pay and benefits are excellent!
Good people
People are very nice who work in the usps. Physical job so you to get ready your self. Different things to learn. Supervisior are good. Their behaviour is good
Everything is properly organized on the day to day basis
I learned that in order to get the job done properly, you have to work as a team. Caring for your customers, co- workers and management should be your number one priority daily.
Cohesive Co-Workers
Upon starting your first day everyone from management to my new co-workers created an atmosphere of camaraderie and never hesitated to assist me as I was learning all of my many job requirements.
Worked my butt off but they didn't call me back
I worked in Jersey City as a Seasonal Mail Handler in 2015 season. They told me if I worked hard and showed up everyday they would probably keep me on, well I sure worked my butt off & did not take a day off in the few months there & I have not been called for re-hire or kept on.
The pay was pretty good but some of my pay checks were not right, I was short on a few of my checks, eventually made right but after some frustration, my co-workers were great, well most of them, of course you get a couple of lazy ones though, anyway I liked the job just wish they would have kept their word of keeping me on or calling me back like they said they would though, very disappointed.
Pros
Nice co-workers, busy pace which I like
Cons
not being kept on after the Season or called back when they told me I would be
Perform any combination of tasks in a post office, such as receive letters and parcels. Sort mail or parcels by address using sorting machines.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.
7.4K
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
United States Postal Service Reviews by Job Title