United States Postal Service
56Below average

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Good job with benefits after you convert to regular in 3 to 4 years usually work 7days 12 hour shifts Monday through Sunday with Day out of the week as a off day .
Pros
Good pay Good benefits
Cons
breaks are short, extra workload
Every station is different. So what I experienced may not be what you experience so I would still give it a try. Biggest issue is lack of communication within management. Managers are very rude and have the worst attitudes.
Very unorganized, hectic, and stressful. The company treats its employees as if we are machines and not people. They will work you like a slave and don't care about your personal/family obligations.
No future for me there disrespectful supervisors and your co workers are noisy and messy Terrible management no respect for they judge you that they better than you.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
short breaks long hours.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
A typical day of work is very over bearing at times where you would feel the work that you have performed. The management team are older employees that are pretty much by the book and don't look for appraisals or acknowledgement for they would say it's your job...that's what you're supposed to do. The workplace can become very warming if you choose to interact with other employees, or you can be to yourself.
Working at a large Los Angeles postal office as a CCA is difficult. The job itself is not. Management makes you think it’s a reward to get a day off every week (if you’re lucky). Work schedule is generally 6-7 days a week with overtime each day. Good luck because you’ll miss a lot of time with families, getting to an appointment, and also miss important events. Becoming a regular is a joke because you’re expected to have no set schedule for at least 2.5 years (usually longer).
Pros
set schedule once you make regular 2.5+ years later
Cons
skipping lunches, work life balance
Management sets you up to fail everyday , the most dishonest people ive ever worked with in my entire life ,oakwood station should be audited cause they constantly lie to workers and customers,and you are just a number ,not a person with a brain ,ignorant people work for the post office!
Pros
you lose alot of weight, overtime
Cons
they treat you very badly, they work against you not with you
The post office is one of the best jobs you can find that you don’t need a degree. Good pay but lacks accountability and structure. They consistently and frequently change your work schedule with 10 minutes notice. Management is disrespectful and unappreciative. They have a tendency to work you down to exhaustion and will fire you if you call and due to being physically tired. They use scare tactics and Intimidation to trick you to work more
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible culture(snakes)
It’s ok management is awful and it’s more confusion than productivity I’m not sure what else to say... it’s an okay job..................................
As a CCA this job can be the worst! No time for your self. Can't plan anyhing because you might be called in, or you might not have any days off for like a whole month. As a regular it gets better some what. Supervisors / managers not so cool most of the time.
Pros
Alone most of the day
Cons
Stressful work, environment
Great experience driver helping with daily activities. Loving working on public and working safely. Door to door service and package handling. Great job
I loved the environment I was in at post office. I valued my position. I was a dock clerk at the large Hub, I loved international mail sorter machines, 10key zip codes
Pros
Wages are wonderful
Cons
Be flexible, mandatory overtime sometimes.
They dont care about the employee if your not a regular employee just a 360 all of the regular will take advantage of you.youll have to do all the work will they hide in the locker room be on there phones standing around thell see all the mail coming and they wont help and the manager dont say nothing
It's the best company, but people you work with are very disrespectful all the time—too much gossiping. I'm the type of person who likes my work, and they don't like that because I don't talk to them.
very stressful job very atressful job they put more work on you then you can handle very strssful job. they put you in position to fail give you a overload on work
The job alone as a CCA will be stressful always on the move on a different route. Not knowing where to park, finding mail boxes, having good accuracy plus time management. A lot of time work load will be so heavy you will work 8 to 12 hours straight without having time to take a lunch. When you take lunch management will call you and press you over why you took a break. Know matter how fast you move it’s it’s never fast enough
It's a great company to work for, I met some really nice people and genuinely enjoyed the job. There are also pretty people to watch out for but for the most part a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay, and some good people
Cons
Long days, hard work, petty people
The work day get busy once your on the clock preparing the mail for delivery, casing the mail, bundling all loose mail, setting up the vehicle for loading the mail, checking the vehicle for any defects, scratches, dents from hitting a post or wall by accident due to time restraints in delivering the mail.
Worst choice you could ever make as a creative individual. Who thinks outside the box and wants a better life. Management is particularly incompetent, and uninvolved with the needs and wants of the employees. While prioritizing the work load over the people who pull the weight. I wouldn’t recommend it for people permanence. But, if you’re looking to make decent wages while preparing for another realm of life. Go for it!
Some stuff ain't for everyone. But in my opinion, the post office can use more love in it. I like the work it keeps you fit as a pse clerk. Some of the supervisors are very rude and try to take advantage of you, just know your rights and go to your union. Overall it's a good job.
I would never recommend this job to anybody who is still trying to pursue a degree while they work, who has a family, or even pets because this company does not care if you've lost a loved one recently if you've got an important exam or if someone in your immediate family such as oarents or siblings have undergone a surgery and you are their caregiver, they don't care they still expect you at work and will deny any requests for days done a month in advance.
Pros
None except maybe pay but if you have no dependents then you're just working for free
Cons
EVERYTHING. No job culture, no diversity, favoritism, incompetent managers.