United States Postal Service

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in McAlester, OK

Found 4 reviews matching the search with 17 reviews near your location.
Expect to work hard to provide a outstandinig service.
Good place to work and have a career. Expect to work a lot of hours. The demands to provide top level service is present daily.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
hard work and long hours.
Postal Service
When hired as a RCA, it was explained there is a way to advance. Carriers have to retire. Everything is done by seniority. However, as a RCA you are giving only 1 day a week.
Pros
Money is great, no benefits as RCA
Cons
RCA can be called in with little to no warning
Rural carrier
Sorted the mail put the mail in certain order sort all the packages and express mail or signature required or time sensitive then follow the route and follow customer request and follow the rules of a mail carrier and responsibilities of protecting the mail and delivering to the right place
Pros
Fun relaxed great place to work
Cons
Wasn’t full time and had to wait to become full time
Great job
The job is great, can be stressful, fast paced, trying to get your morning work done so you can get out on the road. But then, at least for me, the actual delivery part of the route was easy and enjoyable
Pros
Casing, snow
Cons
Length of part time hours, could be years
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at United States Postal Service?
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Related reviews
17 reviews near your selected location with similar search
Overall this is just one of those jobs that's not for everybody.
This job isn't for everybody due to the brutal work conditions, fast paced environments and unpredictable work schedules.
horrible place to work
it's like working in a sweat shop. very unprofessional, zero work ethics. They want you to be available 24/7. you only know what time you start but they'll decide when you go home. So if working 13, 14, 16, hrs a day with no day off works for you then this is the place for you.
Flexibility and Benefits
Able to get great benefits. The schedule and hours are flexible.I was able to switch over when I needed benefits for health care. They provide good options.
Rca
This is not a permanent job. My supervisors does not do an effective schedule so I don't have clear expectations of my job for each day nor job security.
rap version

It's time to leave

but they say STAY!!!

and you do

got bills to pay
Pros
pay
Cons
long hard hours, no sleep, no respect
summary
As a carrier in postal service we should to be ready to work 7 days a week more than 10 hours a day, some week we do not have a day off, some week we receive a phone call in our day off to go to work.
Postal service is the most stress full place. The job is mostly psychical job. It's hard but at the same time is fun too. Few hours we are working in the office and few hours we are in street.
Job security coupled with excellent benefits while providing essential service to the American public.
Fast-paced rewarding job while providing essential service to the American public. Consistently rated “most trusted” among all government agencies, while delivering literally to every household and business in the nation.
Warehouse
Had to stand for twelve hours a day. Management was kind. I Never had problems at work.
Pros
Great entry level job
Cons
Standing most of the time
WORST place i have ever worked
The management if horrible. God forbid you have to contact HR theyll give you a 1800 number and youll be on hold for 4 hours before they hang up on you
fun friendly workplace
Working here was fun, the people even some of the managers were fun to work around. my only issue with the management is, I was seasonal and we were suppose to work to a certain time but because of management we had to end our jobs early because management started us early
Not a carear job
At the time of interview management was asked me that can you do this job this is vary hard job. with no benefits if will Hire you it will be part time job with 20 Hrs. guaranteed you may work 50 hrs./week and no day off no holidays off lots of walking may work 7 day a week you may have on day off every 10 days. and funny thing is you will be not a permanent employ. to become a permanent employ you have to wait for some one get retire. (first come first serve) you may have 2-3 employ front of you. you may wait for 2-3 years to become a permanent. they will pay you $16 to $17/h
if you see on line they will pay you $22 it is not right.
Pros
non
Cons
no benefits, long Hrs, not a permenent job
Extremely stressful work environment.
Management was always stressed out and pushing the mail carriers to finish the routes faster. All of the mail routes would be able to finish on time if there were not so many Amazon packages. There needs to be a better system developed to handle the amount of Amazon package volume. The USPS really needs to update the mail delivery vehicles.
Cons
No time for lunch breaks or bathroom breaks
Sometimes It’s very hard work, some people are very lazy & comes there for chatting & spending their times & getting their paychecks without working hard. some people are work very hard like me. Some people shows partialities & making innocents to work hard.
workplace
fast and working hard workplace. start my day at the usps sorting mail priority 1st class mail first, and lay the mail on the convert belt to sort manualiy and place them in the basket recording to zip cod,
and keep working area clean.
Fast Paced
A typical day working for USPS is fast paced and busy. You have to handle a lot of parcels and mail. Working in the front you have to deal with customers, helping them with mail and money transactions.
Fast paced, tough job.
At first, it is a fun new job with decent pay. Unfortunately, you do not find out how cut throat it can be until you've been in for a year or more. Good experience.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Work more ours than you get paid for, if you get any hours at all.
Was a straight forward job
I was a mail Carrier. I loved my job. I worked for the Post Office for about 15 years .I put up the mail and hit the streets for delivery .Once I was done I came back and was finished for the day.
Pros
Lunch break when I was ready to take one.
Cons
Very long days doing the Christmas Holiday.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.
7.4K
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
United States Postal Service Reviews by Job Title