United States Postal Service
56Below average

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in New York, NY

I have work for the postal service several times in my life and its a job. Its all what you make of it. This job is a very physical job. Your body will constantly be sore and you have to prepare mentally everyday to deal with rude management. You will get more respect as a career employee. They will slave you as a MHA, PSE, CCA. NO HOME LIFE and it will be hard to work here with young kids. Need cleaner plant/stations and alot of equipment is very outdated.
Pros
Can become a career employee, move around with usps
Cons
Better management, stressful atmosphere, need cleaner atmosphere especially during covid, new machines, new locker room and cleaner bathrooms
Post Office (USPS) Isn't What It Was Made To Be, They Hire Literally Anyone. Clearly, Background Check Is Non-Sense.That Being Said Anyone Being Hired and NOt Great or Good People Then Are Also Being Promoted. They Seem To Be In Denial Or Lost Why The Company Is At Such Fail.
Pros
Easy Process, Quick Hire - 2-3 weeks
Cons
Long hours, Under paid, Very bad management
This is a great job for people who live to work and don't work to live. Not good if you have a family and kids because your life revolves around work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Consumes your life, zero life outside of work
If you have a family or young children do not go to work there. They do not care about your family obligations or even your car breaking down. All they care about is you delivering your mail as quickly as possible if not faster. I even got in trouble once for returning to the office to go to the bathroom.
Pros
Time and a half pay after 8 hours
Cons
Too many
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
High School Atmosphere. Managers are not supportive Equipment is out dated Talk with no respect towards employees Very long hours Mandatory overtime at the last minute
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
i worked here for a month and quit, my school bus company has better pay and benefits and top pay is 35hr, that is sooo sad that USPS is a Goverment Federal fake job, if it was a real Goverment job why the pay is bad and benefits is by a union not the Goverment, UPS and others top pay is 4-5 years at 30-35 an hr, this is why the USPS job sucks, the useless union won't do anything good for the employer.
Pros
you can transfer anywhere
Cons
top pay is 10 years, UPS is 4, why is that???
Working for USPS has many benefits it’s also a lot of work and over time. There’s plenty of opportunities to advance in your career. Overall a good job to start a good career
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, management
Aside from the overall culture involved it the job that position is pretty good. But the work environment is immature and chaotic panic inducing anxiety ridden stress pool. Very hard to determine whether the money makes it up for it
Not paid enough for what you do. Just like the rest of America I guess. It’s honestly not worth killing yourself over. If you start when you’re like 18, then I’d say sure give it a try. Other than that, it’s a no for me.
Challenging company to for work for, but the employees had the best attitudes to get through the day. Hot conditions during summer and freezing temp during winter takes a toll on the body.
I recommend this company to people who are looking for job security. Their are so many positions offered by the USPS and so many opportunities to grow if that's your goal. I've met so many wonderful people, including many military and armed forces vet. My overall experience is satisfactory.
The mail must be delivered at all cost! You must take care of yourself first in order to stay healthy to work. Your coworkers will support you and the union will most of the time.
I would like to grown with this company just waiting for them to hire again so I can go for full time job there and not seasonal it a good paying job Supervisors was very nice and professional employees was good there as well family friendly and can grow there they help with hand teach you very well
managing the work floor , answering phones and emails , updating reports, inputing payroll request, leave request, answering customers complaints , walking the floors
This job is a lot of work which is ok it makes the day go by fast but I just can’t take how everyone in the postal business so freaking nasty they have bad attitude I mean I would like to work there but the coworkers make make it harder for the new ppl coming in they mistreat you so bad when your new which is crazy to me
Supervisor not treating employees with respect/poor management skills” and inflexible schedules. Pay, benefits and lack of advancement opportunities.
Good place to work if you could put up with management's constant adversarial stance. More than a few of my immediate supervisors through the years were promoted despite lacking any skills and intellect.
A typical day at work is meeting with the supervisor and getting my work order and than going out on the street to do work. the culture is great here and you have a lot of freedom.
I enjoy working at the USPS. They are a fair and equal opportunity employer. Safety all ways first. Great company and a great additional family. Great environment to work in. But very strenuous work. You must lift a lot of heavy stuff and bend a lot. Keeping a steady pace and not destroying my hands. But all in all i still love what i do. And i love working for their company.
It’s an ok job because for what it’s worth it’s an easy job. However there’s no balance between personal life and work life. They pay well, but if you aren’t “career” which take about 2- 2 half years to make working there w those hours become difficult and nnone flexible.
Its alot of hours ,Job maybe seems tedious at first, but with the help of co workers and supervisors we all achieve great results. Our main focus is to get the mail and packages delivered to customers on time in a professional manner. Also making sure safety plays a humongous role in our daily routine.