United States Postal Service
56Below average

United States Postal Service Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

My days where to hurry and wait situations. At the job site wait for the work. To be informed on real information, you will see it on the news before informed at work. The hardest part of the job is management dividing the workers. As in every work place divisions happens, but USPS create them.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
pay bi-weekly
not the same usps i started at in 1987 do give decent holidays especially xmas a lot of overtime because skeleton crew do not practice safety for corona will give mask and gloves and shield but no social distancing managemant has fallen into a terrible jam not their fault 1st class mail dying off will kill it in less tan 10 yrs most will be amazon,stichix private cos like that unless gov't stops meddling in their finances the gov't mandates they prefund pensions 75 yrs ahead no other co in us has to.
Pros
maintenance
Cons
mail processing
Job has alot of freedom but management is very unprofessional, benefits are great, a little unorganized, and worker are unappreciated, not enough equipment for all worker.
Honestly depending on people at the station and the area you work in makes or breaks the job completely. Management usually treats you like a robot. The workers are usually helpful but sometimes they dont even bother talking. Walking up and down steps gets really gold after a while unless you get a route that's flat and maybe have some driving parts the job usually sucks. On days where the packages are heavy carrying weight on your back can really kill you too. I would say some of the good things are meeting new people, pay is alright, and eating where you want depending on the area lol. Dealing with the weather is another downside from being in the heat on the hottest days all day to freezing cold rain/snow. Definitely have to be ready mentally to hang in there for this type of work.
Pros
pay, meet new people, freedom
Cons
Steps, management, weather, weight on your back.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I love the fact that the job keeps me busy. I was very happy coming into work everyday. They made me feel very welcome. The pay is definitely worth it.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Only worked a seasonal position. Wanted to be permanent.
Work you alot when you first start the job. You have no life once you began to work for this company. The schedules are not flexible and you work whatever they tell you, you have to work. Your benefits are horrible when you first start as a sub. You have to wait 2 1/2 years to get the real good benefits
A typical day at work starts with the manager yelling a screaming for carriers to get on the street although mail was never ready for us to go. The delay normally caused carriers to accrue overtime daily. The hardest part of the job was not having support from management as well as the many challenges faced on the street while delivering. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone most of the day.
Good company to work for if you want to make some good money around Christmas time. Fast pace and must be there on time to make sure customers receive mail timely manner.
I have learned how being a mail processing clerk come with hard work, dedication, and staying focus and understanding job orders that are being delivered
Busy and very productive. I've learned sorting bulk mail and separating zip codes. Management was great. The work culture was good. And the hardest part of the job was lifting heavy mail, and the most enjoyable part was playing games.
I love working there I was a great worker and my department I loved as well and this was my very first job great hours good pay Very good place to have a career in
I think that it has a warehouse feeling to work there but my co workers were always good with me. In that kind of environment you bring a whole lot of different personalities together and at times it can be challenging unless you have respect for other conworkers
Very robust work grinding job long standing badly supervised work conditions . Be prepared to do what is asked of you and more . Lots of favoritism seniority based racially diverse working conditions.
The USPS offers good pay and benefits but its very unorganized and very unprofessional.Management has a horrible way of communicating with the employees they yell at you constantly and never train you you only learn from making mistakes from watching your fellow coworkers. Alot of people resign from this place it has a very high turn over.Iam currently looking for another job.
I wish I never worked there. It takes a special person to survive in that horrific atmosphere. It was a nightmare to go to work each day. Everybody is miserable.
If you are willing to work 8-10 hour shifts and in all type of weather conditions this will be the job for you. A good paying job with little supervision.
I recommend this job for anyone.You could work up to 6 days a week with 10-12 hours shifts. No a good Job for single parents because the job is very demanding.
I would recommend the USPS. Pros include decent pay and plenty of overtime hours. Cons are hard physical labor in the back end. the hourly pay is revised annually.
Walk a lot. Management is okay at times. Really reap the benefits when you become a regular. Deliver my route which is 6 hours plus round 1-2 hours overtime on another route. Typically street time is around 7-9 hours.
This job was fun at times and they want employees to feel comfortable and safe. Very busy days and some slow. Would recommend to other people. Depending on personal schedule.
If you are a carrier then your office will determine how well your career goes. Management can be lax at one office and up your butt on another. Don't make this a career for life. Good money if you work your butt off but your working 6 days a week just to make money. Great if you are broke but once you find a groove just make it to becoming a regular and get an education in a trade or something and leave or become a driver for them