United States Postal Service Employee Reviews for Mailroom Clerk

Found 855 reviews matching the search See all 21,695 reviews
Not For Me.
Mail Processing Clerk/Window Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 18, 2019
So I did a few things working for the post office. I got hired working in the plant, processing mail. The work environment was fast paced. I loved the independence in the plant, but atmosphere overall was like being in high school. Then I became a window clerk. Listen. This is when slaverly begins with them. The offices are very needy. If your not a “regular” and a pse or ptf, u work all types of times and have to travel. Than can work u for 12 hours. Etc. Time off is very limited. There is no way to plan your life around the job. It’s like the job has to come first and it will come first. Your personal life comes second to none.
But in conclusion. If your single with no kids I say go for it. You can make a lot of money. And move up fast in offices (AO’s). If you have a family or a spouse. It’ll ruin everything. Sorry. But good luck.
Pros
Pay. Perks. Some benefits.
Cons
No life. Bad management.
N/a
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 13, 2019
Different management and i wouldhave tried to retire from there..but money was not worth it..moved on..to a mon-fri..less money but more family time n less stress
Poor management team
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 13, 2019
The postal service pays good money but that’s about it. The management team is not professional at all. A lot of people in here don’t know what they’re doing. It’s very sad that the postal service is being managed by uneducated people who do not know how to keep it running proficiently.
Post office
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2019
The job and pay it’s self is fine but management is what’s horrible no communication unprofessional unpleasant to work with toxic unsafe work environment
Stay away
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 13, 2019
Very toxic environment and management is very unorganized. If it makes sense then the post office does the opposite. That place causes anxiety and depression
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDAugust 12, 2019
Required to be on time of course. I recommend you get to work at least thirty minutes to an hour depending on the weather. Pay close attention to all safety codes and regulations. During Holidays and bad weather prepare to work over time!
Pros
Often worked over time.
Cons
No room for advancement. Under paid over worked.
Post office
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 11, 2019
The USPS is not a good place to work the management is horrible and the hours are horrible but the money is good I would definitely do it for a few years and then get away from there! Stressful and busy
Dont ask for time off
Mail clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2019
They will work u to death. U just a body to them. Don’t care of your Heath or situation. Want u to work. Do a three person job for one person. Stressful and none appreciate.
It was more work more important employee was second
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  gmfAugust 7, 2019
Management could have been better; showing appreciation for doing the work of two people while still being asked to hurry up would have been nice. USPS has things to work on in my opinion.
No compliments, very demanding people.
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 7, 2019
Union workers file grievenace paperwork on you, get paid for all sorts of hours they never even worked. The union breaks down the post office they won't help you, your not allowed to help them.
Horrible
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 6, 2019
Pay is good, benefits are good, but the constant disrespect, management lack of knowledge, harassment, and under appreciated is stressful & the pay is not worth my sanity, integrity or respect as a person. Only way of moving up is who you know not how well you can do your job or show knowledge of it.
Work
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 6, 2019
Good place to work great benefits and work hours fits in my schedule so I can take kids to school but supervisor have bad people skills dont know how to talk to workers sometime.
Love the television in the break room
Seattle WA - Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 5, 2019
I loved my time at the post office! But now it’s time for a change! I’ve always wanted to work at the airport. I want to thank the post office.thanks
Good paying job. Steady work
mail clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 1, 2019
Great company to work
Good pay, lots of overtime
You can make 100K easily at this job.
Every hour after your 10th is paid at double your hourly rate.
Pros
Decent pay, lots of overtime
Needs more help
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, OHJuly 28, 2019
hard place to work, Managment sucked in my office. not enjoyable & not fun. needs updated systems that work. need managers that know what they are doing.
Worked at 2 other facilities and Hartford CT plant is the worst!
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2019
If you want to be underpaid and treated like trash because you aren't a "Regular" this is the perfect location. Supervisors lack common sense and knowledge of their positions with the exception of one . This is the 1st location I've been employed where they have " Acting "MDOs who does everything but their correct job which is staying in the office and not harassing the employees .Long story short the P.O is a great job just do yourself a favor and don't apply to Hartford. location
An Experienxe
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJuly 25, 2019
It is a lot of work all day long. Can't go to management with problems. They don't care about your well being, they just want you to work, work work.. Management have favoritism. There were a few nice supervisors.
Pros: The pay and overtime was good
Cons: Don't care about you. Too much favoritism. The travel
Good pay, benefits, but very hard hours
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 23, 2019
The Postal Service is a decent place to work. The pay is very good for an entry-level job, and the benefits offered are decent and reasonably affordable. The only problem I encountered working there was the hours I worked. I worked six day workweeks, starting each day at 2am. This was primarily due to being understaffed, but the hiring process is so slow there, they were understaffed aLmost the entire year I was there. My managers and coworkers were great, the postmaster was not.
Lot of sarcastic employees and bosses at the opa locka plant
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Opa-locka, FLJuly 22, 2019
Go there do what ask of you and your life will be easy. Lot of haters try to discourage you. You have to figure out who's being genuine to you. It is a cut throat job you must be someone who likes to work hard, get dirty, always be on time, and be willing to 100 supervisor trying to pull you from left to right.
Work at USPS
Mail Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 21, 2019
If you can like to work 6 days a week and every holiday this place is for you. If can wait 3-5 years to become full time this place is for you. Barely allow overtime unless ur a career employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United States Postal Service. Our community is ready to answer.

56.7K

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss